Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

C'mon. It's Tenth Season of Ranked. Fix the MM already

19 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
9,528 posts
27,167 battles

image.thumb.png.b757c014cbd142000125be51670f799d.png

Yes, in prime time, with over 10K players on the server, you can get an MM in which it is 4v4 DDs and one side has no radar. Not much point in playing that one out. Our team was awful, to boot. I kept the star with only 83K damage and game was over in 9:01. 

If the game has to have radar, it has to be balanced in Ranked. That simple. 

Meanwhile, instead of fixing the MM as players have asked for -- for two years -- we have... Vanguard. And emblems. 

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[SALVO]
Members
18,991 posts
19,215 battles

For crying out loud, there was only one cruiser radar in the entire match!  If it was something like 2 or 3 radars to zero, you might have a decent complaint.  But 1-0, sorry, not that big a deal.

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,528 posts
27,167 battles
16 hours ago, Crucis said:

For crying out loud, there was only one cruiser radar in the entire match!  If it was something like 2 or 3 radars to zero, you might have a decent complaint.  But 1-0, sorry, not that big a deal.

Yes, big deal. As the number of ships dwindles, radar grows more powerful. That Worpester can cover all three caps on the badly named Sea of Fortune map. That meant our DDs could not cap. 

PS: You know I have data on this, right? 

Edited by Taichunger
  • Bad 2

[SALVO]
Members
18,991 posts
19,215 battles
6 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Yes, big deal. As the number of ships dwindle, radar grows more powerful. That Worpester can cover all three caps on the badly named Sea of Fortune map. That meant our DDs could not cap. 

PS: You know I have data on this, right? 

You're wrong.  Radar doesn't grow more powerful no matter what.  Its stats never change.  And Sea of Fortune is only one map.  I'm not sure if any of the other Ranked maps can have their caps covered by a single radar ship.  Maybe Sleeping Giant, but even if it's "possible", the radar ship would be extremely exposed to be in such a position, I'm thinking.

As for Sea of Fortune itself, there's a ton of cover, around the caps, so even if you do get radared, the chances are quite good that you'll be able to get behind hard cover, if you aren't already.

Sorry, not buying this argument.  The bigger problem with the Worchester (and the Minotaur) and radar is that they can stealth radar.  That is, their radar range exceeds their concealment range.  And if they get spotted, they know automatically that the enemy ship is within their radar range.  

[AXANR]
Members
3,380 posts
17,306 battles

I have seen a match with 1 BB, 3 cruisers, and 3 DDs on each side where they had three radars and we had zero. It doesn't have to be mirrored, but that should never happen.

[WOLF2]
Members
99 posts
10,609 battles

Been in plenty of Ranked matches this year with teams that have a 2-3 radar ship advantage. Or deficit.  Simple fix for a stupid problem...

Edited by NightTerror

[FAE]
Members
2,322 posts
2,885 battles

You're a BB player. If anyone, you might have the best chance of creating a solution. 

Where is the BB player coalition for Kill radar on sight? 

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,404 posts
10,168 battles

Is this the lower ranks?  Because if it is its from lack of players...guys like me stop at T10 until there is another safe rank at 5...don't have that much time to waste unless there is a perch I can breathe on and then continue on...nuff said.  Otherwise I wouldn't complain about one radar ship, especially a fragile one, that can get deleted by one salvo.

[-BRS-]
Members
752 posts
13,344 battles

You guys are forgetting that the YueYang can also have radar, and especially if the player is one who knows what they're doing, there is a good chance they could have it on instead of smoke.

[SALVO]
Members
18,991 posts
19,215 battles
1 hour ago, NightTerror said:

Been in plenty of Ranked matches this year with teams that have a 2-3 radar ship advantage. Or deficit.  Simple fix for a stupid problem...

It's not that simple.  It only sounds simple.  MM doesn't check consumables when forming teams. 

[SALVO]
Members
18,991 posts
19,215 battles
1 hour ago, Lightninger said:

You guys are forgetting that the YueYang can also have radar, and especially if the player is one who knows what they're doing, there is a good chance they could have it on instead of smoke.

I didn't forget about it.  I just don't hold it as high a regard as cruiser radar.  The YY's radar is MUCH shorter in range and duration.

Members
855 posts
3,736 battles

The worst part about ranked is arriving at rank 5. You are greeted with a new meta, mostly good or decent players, but whom are scared to move up an inch. And if you have a bad run and end up back in rank 6 you get paired with rank 10s again who are determined to keep you there for the rest of the day. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,528 posts
27,167 battles
17 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

The worst part about ranked is arriving at rank 5. You are greeted with a new meta, mostly good or decent players, but whom are scared to move up an inch. And if you have a bad run and end up back in rank 6 you get paired with rank 10s again who are determined to keep you there for the rest of the day. 

Wouldn't know. I'm on my fourth trip to Rank 9. 

[WOLF2]
Members
99 posts
10,609 battles
12 hours ago, Crucis said:

It's not that simple.  It only sounds simple.  MM doesn't check consumables when forming teams. 

Too hard? Not possible?

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,880 posts
10,468 battles
14 hours ago, Morpheous said:

Is this the lower ranks?  Because if it is its from lack of players...guys like me stop at T10 until there is another safe rank at 5...don't have that much time to waste unless there is a perch I can breathe on and then continue on...nuff said.  Otherwise I wouldn't complain about one radar ship, especially a fragile one, that can get deleted by one salvo.

Rank 1 is irrevocable. It's all about perception... 

[SALVO]
Members
18,991 posts
19,215 battles
1 hour ago, NightTerror said:

Too hard? Not possible?

Hard to know without being able to read the code for MM.  I doubt that it would be "not possible", though.  Only difficult.

• Cool 1

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

This has been an issue since ranked was T7 last time, still hasn't been addressed. I have won games where we had no radar and they did, but I have also lost games where we had the radar advantage. I would like to see MM balance the radar equipped ships, but I don't know if that's possible or not.

[SALVO]
Members
18,991 posts
19,215 battles
19 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

This has been an issue since ranked was T7 last time, still hasn't been addressed. I have won games where we had no radar and they did, but I have also lost games where we had the radar advantage. I would like to see MM balance the radar equipped ships, but I don't know if that's possible or not.

Or change radar itself so that having an imbalance in the number of radar ships wasn't seen as a big deal.

[INTEL]
Members
9,528 posts
27,167 battles
21 hours ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Of course its  possible. WG collects consummable data, so they know who loads into a game with what consummables. It would not be difficult to fix the MM for Ranked to address this issue. They hard  balanced CVs and restricted their numbers, after all, so it's already been done. 

Sign in to follow this