You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wulfgarn

More loot box regulation news

6 comments in this topic

[LOU1]
Members
3,456 posts
9,239 battles

Hope that doesn't affect WOWS too much.  I count on things like the Santa Boxes, for instance.  And it is somewhat boring/depressing that there is no RNG in the Anniversary boxes - no chance for anything special.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,998 posts
10,482 battles
30 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Hope that doesn't affect WOWS too much.  I count on things like the Santa Boxes, for instance.  And it is somewhat boring/depressing that there is no RNG in the Anniversary boxes - no chance for anything special.

I don't think it will. They are targeting the selling of loot boxes that can contain items that are not worth anywhere near what the loot box costs. Our boxes contain something that is worth at least what the box cost and often many times more.

[LOU1]
Members
3,456 posts
9,239 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I don't think it will. They are targeting the selling of loot boxes that can contain items that are not worth anywhere near what the loot box costs. Our boxes contain something that is worth at least what the box cost and often many times more.

I think most of us know that.  But, there are always a few forumites that talk about how wrong/bad/evil they are.  I have always gotten far more value out of them than I put in.  And, it has made WOWS affordable for me to keep playing at a "fun" level.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
8,073 posts

"Illegal gambling" can be read as "You're not giving us enough of a kickback." State-funded lotteries, especially, are one of the biggest scams around. Who benefits? It's usually those appointed to run the lotteries, who get cushy and well-paying jobs as political appointees, and the politicians, who now have "non-tax" funds that they can use for pet projects that get them reelected. 

"We hoped the Florida lottery would be something that would help our schools," Clark says. Instead, "The politicians began to use it for other things."

"Research in California, Florida, and Michigan shows that lottery funds have merely substituted for normal levels of appropriations, despite the fact that lotteries had been promoted as boosting spending for education,"