You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

Ships I'd like to see added to the game

16 comments in this topic

Members
1,728 posts
11,062 battles
Hi,

Here are some ships I'd like to see in WOWS in the future. There a few more but don't have time to research them. Feel free to add your own. 

HMS Exeter - heavy cruiser
Spoiler

Photo06caExeter3NPPaulSimpson-IanMort.jp

HMS Renown - heavy cruiser
Spoiler

full?lightbox=1&last_edit_date=152148822

Spoiler

Photo01bbRodneyMQ.jpg

HMS Rodney - Battleship/Heavy cruiser (above)

HMS Repulse - Battleship
Spoiler

HMSRepulse10-12-11-01.jpg

IJN Yahagi - Light Cruiser
Spoiler

kodai-170119-5880da1b8d783-1024x386.jpg?

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 2

[LHG]
Members
1,966 posts
5,537 battles

I think you have your definition of what constitutes a heavy cruiser mixed up.

HMS Rodney is a battleship armed with 16 inch guns and a top speed of around 21 knots.  She is painfully too slow to be a cruiser and far too heavily armed and protected. 

Renown and Repulse are the same class of vessel, close to being identical twins.  While they have cruiser like speed, their six 15 inch guns are far more powerful than anything you'd see shipped on a cruiser and, after their 1920's and 1930's refits, are much better protected as well.  This ships fit neatly into the definition of being a battlecruiser. 

The Nelson, which is Rodney's sister ship, is already available in the game so I'm not sure that WG is going to be in a particular hurry to roll her out. 

Repulse will probably be added to the game either when WG adds the Battlecruiser tree to the British line or as a Premium ship.  I don't see them adding Renown. 

Yahagi would make an interesting IJN Light Cruiser. I'd expect her to be added sometime in the future as a mid-tier Premium. 

Beta Testers
292 posts
10,926 battles

Id like to see the Dutchman, Marie celeste, and the Black Pearl show up as passers by after a monsoon,, 

Heck,, random life rafts that if you stop and render aid, you get a 10 point captain,,,, or Steven Segull comes back into game,,, (imho that would be the bomb)

• Cool 1

Members
1,728 posts
11,062 battles
21 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

HMS Rodney is a battleship armed with 16 inch guns and a top speed of around 21 knots.  She is painfully too slow to be a cruiser and far too heavily armed and protected. 

The Nelson, which is Rodney's sister ship, is already available in the game so I'm not sure that WG is going to be in a particular hurry to roll her out. 

I used to build scale warship models and still interested in in the hobby. I'm almost 100% sure that the Rodney and Nelson used to be referred to as battle cruisers. I remember thinking this was strange because of the size of these ships. 

I'd like to see Rodney rolled out as a non- prem version of the Nelson. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,011 posts
10,482 battles

Exeter - Yes, the British didn't go in for CA's as much as other countries did so a full CA tree is unlikely.

Renown - Yes.

Rodney - No, I am not sure if you are talking about the Nelson's sister ship or the never completed Admiral class BC but either way we already have them in the game.

Repulse - No, it is a Renown class.

Yahagi - Yes, heck I would even go for the 1911 ship.

Members
4,714 posts
7,313 battles
16 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I used to build scale warship models and still interested in in the hobby. I'm almost 100% sure that the Rodney and Nelson used to be referred to as battle cruisers. I remember thinking this was strange because of the size of these ships. 

I'd like to see Rodney rolled out as a non- prem version of the Nelson. 

Lotta differing definitions of what is a BB and what is a battle cruiser. 

Members
4,714 posts
7,313 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Exeter - Yes, the British didn't go in for CA's as much as other countries did so a full CA tree is unlikely.

Renown - Yes.

Rodney - No, I am not sure if you are talking about the Nelson's sister ship or the never completed Admiral class BC but either way we already have them in the game.

Repulse - No, it is a Renown class.

Yahagi - Yes, heck I would even go for the 1911 ship.

Exeter.  Yes.  I would like her. She would get played if for nothing more than the fame she got fighting Graf Spee. What tier? 

[AXANR]
Members
3,380 posts
17,306 battles
7 minutes ago, dmckay said:

But the Nelson and Rodney are pretty solidly on the BB side of that line. Like, zero ambiguity.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,011 posts
10,482 battles
34 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Exeter.  Yes.  I would like her. She would get played if for nothing more than the fame she got fighting Graf Spee. What tier? 

I am going to say tier 6 because she is only 8500 standard tons and because she should meet the Graf Spee.

• Cool 1

Members
4,714 posts
7,313 battles
11 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I am going to say tier 6 because she is only 8500 standard tons and because She should meet the Graf Spee.

Yes she should meet Spee!  Also those IJN ships that finally got her in a long running fight. Revenge. I knew a bit about her.  I would get her in a heartbeat.

[LHG]
Members
1,966 posts
5,537 battles
2 hours ago, dmckay said:

Ok, how about "has to exceed a top speed of 21 knots" for starters.  You'd have a better case classifying the Missouri as a Battlecruiser, at least she's fast enough for the job. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

Beta Testers
1,644 posts
3,820 battles

A proper West Virginia 1944 refit and South Dakota class 1920.  USS Hawaii in the form of CA-2D as a tier 10 coal ship as it was stopped in mid-construction after all.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,117 posts
12,382 battles
3 hours ago, dmckay said:

T5, like Furutaka.  Not overmatched Aoba.