Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

Alsace guns are crap now

21 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
4,002 posts
3 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

it's as bad as german FDG, i think WG nerfed it right? lost interest in playing it unfortunately

You can't hit anything with 16 guns?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,089 posts
16,435 battles

He's thinking Lyon :Smile_popcorn:

But 12 guns is still ample enough.   You're not having super precision main battery with 12 guns while still having mega secondaries.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF1]
Members
4,002 posts
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

He's thinking Lyon :Smile_popcorn:

But 12 guns is still ample enough.

Yeah, 12 is still plenty.  The 8 on Richelieu work fine as well.

12 guns = low sigma doesn't hurt you that badly.  Think shotgun.  Wyoming's dispersion is crap, for example, but you don't want to be in the path of that shotgun, either.

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,089 posts
16,435 battles
8 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

WG nerfed sigma, too much, obviously

If Alsace had only 8-9 guns, then we can talk sigma issues, but not with 12 guns in Tier IX.

I'm sure FDG owners are amused by complaints about a decent, 12-gun Tier IX BB not being accurate enough.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,398 posts
10,684 battles

So Alsace had two nerfs. Reload from 30-32 seconds and then yeah sigma from 1.7 down to 1.6

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,089 posts
16,435 battles
2 minutes ago, paradat said:

So Alsace had two nerfs. Reload from 30-32 seconds and then yeah sigma from 1.7 down to 1.6

She still has the most guns in Tier IX BBs as well as Mega Secondaries.  I'm sorry, I'm not feeling any pity nor are any tears forming.

I'll happily keep referring Alsace owners to FDG.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,398 posts
10,684 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

She still has the most guns in Tier IX BBs as well as Mega Secondaries.  I'm sorry, I'm not feeling any pity nor are any tears forming.

No tears from me. I finished the grind before the nerf lol. She is still a tough ship. Get closer and wreck face.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,100 posts
10,329 battles
10 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If Alsace had only 8-9 guns, then we can talk sigma issues, but not with 12 guns in Tier IX.

I'm sure FDG owners are amused by complaints about a decent, 12-gun Tier IX BB not being accurate enough.

Yup. It’s hilarious watching all the whining and crying. These people wouldn’t even notice the difference in sigma except that WG told them. 

Alsace is still a fantastic ship and a keeper. FDG I free XP’d the modules and then ground out the rest. If Izumo is worse than that ship, wowzers. Could not wait to scrap that boat and get GK.

• Cool 1

[UEFN]
Members
662 posts
14,426 battles

Practically only 8 guns from the two front turrets as you want to bow in most of the time anyway.  It's still playable but obviously not as much fun anymore after the nerf.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,089 posts
16,435 battles
On 18.09.2018 at 12:39 AM, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Did not mind the FDG. I played it nearly identical to the Alsace. Both ended with 60% solo win rates. 

Ill have to try the Alsace. I havent played it since the "nerfs".

Edit: I think Im the only person on the forum who likes the FDG. lol

When I grinded FDG, the German BBs were brand new and Tier IX-X USN BBs had skyscraper citadels.  Then we also had IX Izumo before any buffs.  In my eyes in those old days, Survivability was FDG's selling point.  I made mistakes with FDG, forced to take 180 degree turns in front of the red team to try and survive, and FDG would keep me alive.  I try that with skyscraper citadel Iowa, that was an instant death sentence.

But today, FDG's turtlebacks isn't a selling point anymore, IMO.

1.  WG has increased more easy to survive BBs in the game.  IX-X USN BB citadels got lowered.  You got more waterline citadels which is almost as good as turtlebacks as such BBs tend to eat Pens / Overpens instead of Citadels, which is the whole point of German BB Turtlebacks.

2.  Combine the previous point with more Higher Tier BBs with better gunnery than FDG.  Missouri / Iowa have far greater main batteries.  Even Izumo has great guns.  These 3 BBs got 9 guns but they hit extremely hard and are precise even at range.  Alsace isn't super precise, but she has Secondaries that rival the best of the German BBs and she has, unlike FDG, 12 guns to make up for RNG, while FDG is ****** at having only 8.

The state of the game when FDG and German BBs were new is very different.  Her ability to survive was more than enough in those old days, but now everything is just as well protected and has more gun power than FDG, despite FDG having good secondaries.  The state of the game for FDG is a lot worse now than those old days.

Oh, and then for the **** of it, WG decided to put Musashi into Tier IX.

In the scope of all things in High Tier BB Land, Alsace sits in a good, balanced spot.  Volume of fire with Main Batteries due to 12 guns, while having Mega Secondaries.

[FML]
Members
2,250 posts
11,446 battles
1 hour ago, Happy668 said:

it's as bad as german FDG, i think WG nerfed it right? lost interest in playing it unfortunately

I’ve recently grounded the Alsace, all post-nerfs, and it was totally fine. 

In fact, it was a joy to play. 

[WOLF1]
Members
2,358 posts

for me, BB gun's accuracy is much more important than the number of them, i will take 8 accurate guns over 12 spray and pray any day

Edited by Happy668

[ML-S]
Members
318 posts
4,891 battles
58 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Yup. It’s hilarious watching all the whining and crying. These people wouldn’t even notice the difference in sigma except that WG told them. 

Alsace is still a fantastic ship and a keeper. FDG I free XP’d the modules and then ground out the rest. If Izumo is worse than that ship, wowzers. Could not wait to scrap that boat and get GK.

I hated Izumo initially but after I got used to her, I was able to do fairly well. The guns are great and seem to get cits on German BBs fairly easily and have no issues hitting things at range.  Very fast shells.

Members
4,151 posts
6,887 battles

Sorry - I have played both and FDG is far worse in just about every way.  Shells do not hit as hard, if they hit and not straddle and you have to be close to get any decent hits ) I played FDG with a 19 pt captain, the Alsace with a 14 pt captain.  Averages with the Alsace is far superior to the FDG so far knowing I have less game sin the FDG.  Far easier to get 100K damage games in the Alsace...

The 198K damage game was a new high for me and it was post nerf - well post nerf.  Alsace  is anything but broken.  If this is broken - everything is broken and can't be fixed.

Alsace.PNG

Edited by CylonRed

Sign in to follow this