Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gardie

Best use of anniversary tokens

28 comments in this topic

[DAS]
Members
62 posts
9,627 battles

Greetings Fellow Captains.

With nearly 400 tokens and an interest in only increasing my credits & XP (all types), do you suggest buying anniversary camo, Leviathan flags or even both for best return?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,011 posts

I had quite a few, so I grabbed some spare 10-point captains for nations I didn't have any spares for, and then bought camo and flags.

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,892 posts

I usually focus on things that won't go away.

Did you know you could purchase more than one Dasha per country?  You could have several US Dasha captains.

So I got a couple Dasha's, the Arctic camo for the Edinburgh, and patches..

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,950 posts
28,077 battles

I got Brit Dasha - useful for the upcoming DD line. The rest I used for flags. Always a need for those.

• Cool 1

[RST]
Members
371 posts
7,678 battles

I may pick up a few commanders (either Dasha, or the space commanders...Dasha as a UK captain does nothing for me), but honestly eyeing up the Leviathan flags mostly.  I find I have enough captains in the 10 point range and only a few nations do I need more (and mostly those are nations where no captains are available).  I did also grab the Edinburgh winter camo but not sure about the other ship permacamo.

Off Topic to OP, did you also do Torrey's (looking at profile pic)?  Scout troop (my son & I among them) did Gray's & Torrey's in 2016.

[DAS]
Members
62 posts
9,627 battles

Off Topic to OP, did you also do Torrey's (looking at profile pic)?  Scout troop (my son & I among them) did Gray's & Torrey's in 2016

Groom, Good eye. I climbed both Torreys and Grays peaks that time. Lots of fun.

[HINON]
Members
2,748 posts
20,078 battles
1 hour ago, RightYouAreKen said:

I just bought all the Leviathan flags I could.  

this is probably what I will end up doing too.

• Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
735 posts
15,993 battles

My priority is commanders, then flags with anything I wind up with under 150.  Flags can always be earned in various ways in-game, level 10 commanders much less so.

Edited by Seaneroo

[WOLF7]
Members
11,055 posts
27 minutes ago, giovybez said:

this is probably what I will end up doing too.

Leviathans are the best bang for the token by far.

• Cool 1

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

Basilisk is the best credit one and Leviathan is the best all around one.  If you are trying to really power through something you could buy the 3 new ones evenly, so you can mount them at the same time.  If you are more concerned about more overall gains but with a slightly longer term approach go for Basilisk if credits is your main concern or Leviathan if xp of all kinds is your main concern.  Maybe 2:1 ratio of those would be best strat if you are kind of agnostic to credits vs. xp.  I personally went for the Edinburgh camo and then Basilisks since I run 4 battle flags on my Missouri, so I only have room for 4 credit flags.  Thus I'm running Basilisk/Wyvern/ one of Leviathan or Scylla and then Zulu since I have tons of them.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Members
994 posts
5,306 battles

I bought a Dasha to fill a gap in my captains line up, I bought a patch because I'm a sucker for pin-up girls, and I spent everything else on Leviathan flags.

Matt

Members
1,584 posts
13,484 battles

Got a couple of Dashas, pan-Asian and French ( since I was short captains in these two nationalities).  Bought back Chung Mu and Charles M, I plopped them in and spending some time to train them up.   Did not get  perm camo for z-23 (already have some) or Ed ( no desire to reaquire, have Mino, Fiji and Leander already).  Will most likely use 100 left for some flags (not interested in patches).

[WOLF6]
Members
811 posts
6,979 battles

Just started the Edinburgh, so I snap bought that one without even thinking about it.  The rest will get churned through the Leviathan flags.

[13CLM]
Members
252 posts
1,695 battles

I purchased a bunch of 10P captains, and rest into signals.

Members
4,161 posts
6,897 battles

Anniversary camos and Leviathon flags...  DSon't have the ships for the perma camo nor do I expect to have them anytime soon.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,819 posts
19,625 battles
1 hour ago, CylonRed said:

Anniversary camos and Leviathon flags...  DSon't have the ships for the perma camo nor do I expect to have them anytime soon.

I agree. Have spent all my tokens on the Leviathan flags and with the leftovers, the single use camos. A Dasha captain would have been fun but have more 10 point captains than I can shake a stick at.

Now the Congratulatory camos for the tier 8s are great, get those if you don't have them but many of us have then already since they were the prizes last year. In case you were unaware, they offer standard tier 8 camo bonuses with the addition of +50% Free XP. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
10,070 battles
7 hours ago, RightYouAreKen said:

I just bought all the Leviathan flags I could.  

Ditto

Sign in to follow this