You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
robf_1

legendary upgades

17 comments in this topic

[SMI-1]
Members
14 posts

during todays stream did I hear them correctly that the missions for legendary upgrades will not end on dec 31? that the date was just a tech date of no importance?

[VW]
Members
2,270 posts
13,609 battles
12 minutes ago, robf_1 said:

during todays stream did I hear them correctly that the missions for legendary upgrades will not end on dec 31? that the date was just a tech date of no importance?

That was generally held to be the case prior as o today

[LOU1]
Members
3,455 posts
9,239 battles

Yes, that was stated by WOWS when they were first released.  The date has to be the end of the year due to software limitations.  The date, not progress, will reset to the end of next year at that time.

[RKLES]
Members
8,686 posts
10,809 battles

Figured that would be the case because Legendary upgrades help promote tier X gameplay and ending them would be rather the opposite of what Wargaming is wanting.

[AFK]
Members
4 posts
6,685 battles

Don't bother with the Shima module, you get hamstrung into being an outlying torp boat with no capping ability at all if you want to survive. So disappointed.

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
10,055 battles
1 minute ago, Hyu_Jawang said:

Don't bother with the Shima module, you get hamstrung into being an outlying torp boat with no capping ability at all if you want to survive. So disappointed.

The shima is the quintessential invisitorping DD, since when do they ever charge caps consistently and have positive results doing so...consistently?

A legendary mod that further boosts its core strength has value. 

That said, power creep has hurt the shima to the point that in most cases there are better options.

[AFK]
Members
4 posts
6,685 battles

VGLance, the 14 secs difference in torp tube reload does not make up for the turret rotation. What so ever. Without the legendary module You can be more than just a border hugging torp boat.

[NWNG]
Members
2,623 posts
4,527 battles
22 minutes ago, Hyu_Jawang said:

I want it just to have it. Whether or not I'll use it is an entirely different matter.

[O_O]
Members
2 posts
16,459 battles

I agree with having it. WOWS history is that things change and the modules could too. I'll play to get them all whether I use them now or not.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,230 posts
9,756 battles

You have plenty of time to unlock your legendary upgrade until the end of the year. The only thing I'm a bit worried is IF there is a bug and you have to redo all the mission 

[NWNG]
Members
2,623 posts
4,527 battles
52 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

You have plenty of time to unlock your legendary upgrade until the end of the year. The only thing I'm a bit worried is IF there is a bug and you have to redo all the mission 

that's been on my mind as well. But at least I know, that even with that bug, yes it will suck that I'll have to start over, but at least I know it'll still be there for me to do.

[PVE]
Members
13,807 posts
8,895 battles
10 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

9 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

that's been on my mind as well. But at least I know, that even with that bug, yes it will suck that I'll have to start over, but at least I know it'll still be there for me to do.

The last patch of the year is scheduled for December 12th. So on Dec 11th, take a screenshot of the progress on your UU mission(s). If they don't change the date then, then take another screenshot on Dec 31st. That way, if there is a problem, you have a screenshot of the progress.

[NWNG]
Members
2,623 posts
4,527 battles
4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

The last patch of the year is scheduled for December 12th. So on Dec 11th, take a screenshot of the progress on your UU mission(s). If they don't change the date then, then take another screenshot on Dec 31st. That way, if there is a problem, you have a screenshot of the progress.

That's what I was planning :cap_like: