You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Tier VI, West Virginia (Dev Blog)

362 comments in this topic

[HYDRO]
Members
2,421 posts
4,292 battles

Seems like a Mutsu to the Colorado, dunno how to feel about glorious 21kts.

That said, really American and British themed news, crossing fingers for Dido :crab:

Edited by warheart1992

[BE-ER]
Beta Testers
23 posts
10,228 battles

As a battleship collector, and someone who likes the look of the old dreadnought/WW1 hulls, I'm excited for this.

• Cool 3

[TNG-3]
Members
266 posts
2,703 battles

BOO, no Late WW2 West Virginia Refit bristling with the 5 inch secondary mounts, and looking like a fortress? What a waste, sadly!

• Cool 5

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles

Dammit your all on the ball here, that the second time i've been Ninja'd today while getting as post ready.

[PVE]
Members
7,550 posts
13,059 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

Seems like a Mutsu to the Colorado, dunno how to feel about glorious 21kts.

Can't see why this would be a T6 when it was the last/newest of the Colorado class and was raised after being sunk and refitted into a better ship after being sunk at Pearl??? Strange.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,575 posts
7,911 battles

do we hear a 6th premium ship announcement for today WG? come on, lets keep this train going

Edited by tcbaker777

[HYDRO]
Members
2,421 posts
4,292 battles
1 minute ago, Carl said:

Dammit your all on the ball here, that the second time i've been Ninja'd today while getting as post ready.

Gotta improve your refresh reflexes on the Dev Blog mister :etc_red_button:. In all seriousness, you can have the next announcement, pinky swear :Smile_glasses:.

• Funny 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Can't see why this would be a T6 when it was the last/newest of the Colorado class and was raised after being sunk and refitted into a better ship after being sunk at Pearl??? Strange.

This is pre-pearl WV.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

Gotta improve your refresh reflexes on the Dev Blog mister :etc_red_button:. In all seriousness, you can have the next announcement, pinky swear :Smile_glasses:.

haha. Nah it's fine, just mildly aggravating :p.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,550 posts
13,059 battles
1 minute ago, Carl said:

This is pre-pearl WV.

I understand that but it begs the question why? We already have AZ at T6 as an older BB for the US. Why not do the updated WV as a T7.

[NUWES]
Members
2,019 posts
6,505 battles

OMG. Why would they do that to West Virginia? If they were going to downtier one it probably should have been Maryland. It is basically going to be Arizona with 8 inaccurate 16" guns instead of 12 accurate 14" guns. The USN BB line really needed a T7 premium not another T6. 

• Cool 4

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I understand that but it begs the question why? We already have AZ at T6 as an older BB for the US. Why not do the updated WV as a T7.

To me it looks like WV and Charleston are reskins, Wichita may be a relic from an early version of the CA/CL split. ANd Dreadnaught is a slightly modified Belephron AFAIK. Really only Vanguard is an all new model, and that may be a relic of the RN BB process too. It looks to me like they're basically using low effort solutions to generate extra premiums quickly and cheaply for the anniversary. And i can;t really hold that against them.

I bet we'll get Maryland as post pal after the CV rework. Makes sense actually, two similar Colorado variants at T7 would be a bit pointless.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,003 posts
2 minutes ago, Carl said:

To me it looks like WV and Charleston are reskins, Wichita may be a relic from an early version of the CA/CL split. ANd Dreadnaught is a slightly modified Belephron AFAIK. Really only Vanguard is an all new model, and that may be a relic of the RN BB process too. It looks to me like they're basically using low effort solutions to generate extra premiums quickly and cheaply for the anniversary. And i can;t really hold that against them.

I bet we'll get Maryland as post pal after the CV rework. Makes sense actually, two similar Colorado variants at T7 would be a bit pointless.

Let me guess...T6 WeeVee will be the old Colorado A hull...

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles
Just now, mavfin87 said:

Let me guess...T6 WeeVee will be the old Colorado A hull...

Thats what it looks like to me.

[ARP2]
Members
462 posts
4,216 battles

Yeah no.

WG how can you screw up such an opportunity. Stop being lazy, stop taking shortcuts. Take your time making your premiums, stop giving tech-tree ships/existing ships a slight makeover and slapping a price tag on it. We've seen this with Flint, Black, Massachusetts, Charleston, the new premium Alsace, etc.

The post-Pearl Harbor West Virginia is what people were asking for, not a stock Colorado at tier 6. This is disgusting, give us this.

i6BK1TE.jpg

• Cool 26

[HYDRO]
Members
2,421 posts
4,292 battles
4 minutes ago, Carl said:

Wichita may be a relic from an early version of the CA/CL split. A

Wichita at the moment is the Tier VIII USN CA in WoWs Blitz. While the graphics engines used are different, some assets may be shared between development teams.

Edited by warheart1992

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles
1 minute ago, AyanoMidori said:

Yeah no.

WG how can you screw up such an opportunity. Stop being lazy, stop taking shortcuts. Take your time making your premiums, stop giving tech-tree ships/existing ships a slight makeover and slapping a price tag on it. We've seen this with Flint, Black, Massachusetts, Charleston, the new premium Alsace, etc.

The post-Pearl Harbor West Virginia is what people were asking for, not a stock Colorado at tier 6. This is disgusting, give us this.

i6BK1TE.jpg

Here's the ting, you where never going to get both Maryland and WV in post pearl config unless they could shove one of them into T8 and i don't think thats doable. So which would you rather have?

[WOLF1]
Members
4,003 posts
1 minute ago, Carl said:

Thats what it looks like to me.

I mean, I don't think it's possible to have a T6 WeeVee using the 1944 config.  That would be way OP for T6.  So, since they had scrapped the old A hull, T6 here it comes.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles
Just now, mavfin87 said:

I mean, I don't think it's possible to have a T6 WeeVee using the 1944 config.  That would be way OP for T6.  So, since they had scrapped the old A hull, T6 here it comes.

Image of WV for you from dev blog.

42126757_2187704444889224_52988157857523

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,104 posts
5,023 battles

Denied it's post modernisation form, recycled from an old A hull, downtiered to T6, and turned into a ship nobody actually asked for. Where have we seen this before?

Is that you Mutsu? Are you disguising yourself as an American ship now? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4