You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SteelClaw

From today's livestream and a question about player feedback.

16 comments in this topic

Members
876 posts

Femennenly asked Ivan Kumarov the game designer about what could players do to give better feedback about the game. Many will not like this this but he pretty much said that forum feedback does not really effect them much that they go off of stats not forum feedback. He said if you want to give feedback do it by playing the game so they can get stats. So there you go folks. You all wanted an answer on how they figure out what needs changing and you got it... STATS!

Edited by SteelClaw
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
888 posts
17,372 battles

...or stop playing the game, wait for their "where did you go" email about 6 months later, then answer with the reasons you left and that you won't be back until there are changes.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,449 posts
10,691 battles

Stats are always a better source to inform action than random player opinions. It is always worked this way.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Members
4,011 posts
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I'm not really surprised.  So much of what people the forum is contradicted by what other people on the forum want. 

Like any online game of any breadth, different people have different reasons for playing, and the most vocal are not always actually the most numerous. 

I always think of contrasting what hardcore raiders in WoW want versus the laid-back casuals want, and they're two different things.  When you couple that with the fact that it's been outright said that the hardcore raiders are about 5% or less of the playerbase, it  means that listening to the forums isn't necessarily a good call.

WoWS has some of the same issues.  For example, I don't think WG is going to listen to the people who want to make Random Battles into a competitive thing, or try to push more competitive or restrictive MM rules on it, and they're definitely not going to restrict purchases of premium ships to X skill level or Y length of time played.  I, personally think they should make Ranked a bit *more* competitive, so those people have a better outlet when Clan Battles aren't going, but, WG offers what they wish.  We consume, or not.

[NOOBS]
Members
82 posts
2,382 battles

STATS as in OVERALL STATISTICS of gameplay not individual STATS.  The whole model is AI machine learning.   

[FORM]
Members
354 posts
6,875 battles
23 minutes ago, OnABoat said:

STATS as in OVERALL STATISTICS of gameplay not individual STATS.  

Well I am sure the OP and the rest of us are well aware of that. 

Edited by Scrapyard_

[INTEL]
Members
9,549 posts
27,179 battles
17 hours ago, SteelClaw said:

Femennenly asked Ivan Kumarov the game designer about what could players do to give better feedback about the game. Many will not like this this but he pretty much said that forum feedback does not really effect them much that they go off of stats not forum feedback. He said if you want to give feedback do it by playing the game so they can get stats. So there you go folks. You all wanted an answer on how they figure out what needs changing and you got it... STATS!

My god, no wonder they keep giving us things we don't ask for and don't need. 

"Stats" will never show all the small problems with the interface...

...and "playing the game" will simply convince them that everything is ok. 

Frustration level = high

[SBS]
Members
3,481 posts
2,408 battles

Sure its the stats.  Its just that all stats are not equal.  For example when DD populations were slightly higher then they are now, shortly after release DDs received a barrage of direct and indirect nerfs.  BBs have been overpopulated since that same time and haven't seen the nerf bat.  Yeah, they balance on stats.

Members
1,866 posts

Really it's hard to tell if the forums are representative or not. Only a small number of players are active posters out of many more who have no interest. The complaints we see here usually have just as many others who are satisfied with the situation and say so. Only one thing I ever posted was acknowledged as being considered.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
4,011 posts
1 minute ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Really it's hard to tell if the forums are representative or not. Only a small number of players are active posters out of many more who have no interest. The complaints we see here usually have just as many others who are satisfied with the situation and say so. Only one thing I ever posted was acknowledged as being considered.

My understanding (correct me if someone has better evidence) is that NA has lower numbers than RU and EU as well, and play differently as well.  So, it's company-wide, not just NA.

• Cool 1

[G0ATS]
Alpha Tester
124 posts
4,130 battles

Look what happened to WoWP when they listened to the very small minority of forum posters incessantly demanding changes to their echo chambers.