Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Carl

Wichita is Here

36 comments in this topic

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles

Spoiler

ST, American cruiser Wichita, tier VIII

Hit points – 37900. Plating - 27 mm.
Main battery - 3x3 203 mm. Firing range - 15.8 km.

Maximum HE shell damage – 2800. Chance to cause fire – 14%. Maximum AP shell damage - 5000.
Reload time - 12.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 30.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 142 м.
HE initial velocity - 823 m/s. AP initial velocity - 762 m/s. Sigma – 2.0.

AA defense:
4x4 40.0 mm, range - 3.5 km, damage per second - 64.
4x2 40.0 mm, range - 3.5 km, damage per second - 45.
18x1 20.0 mm, range - 2.0 km, damage per second - 65.
8x1 127.0 mm, range - 5.0 km, damage per second - 86.

Maximum speed - 34 kt. Turning circle radius - 680 m. Rudder shift time – 9.8 s. Surface detectability – 11.3 km. Air detectability – 7.7 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 6.3 km.

Available consumables:
1 slot - Damage Control Party

2 slot - Hydroacoustic Search / Defensive AA fire

3 slot - Catapult Fighter / Surveillance Radar

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

Basically a more wiggly stealthier baltimore with a bit lower RoF.

• Cool 1

Members
21,171 posts
5,686 battles

I'm disappointed, I want to see a Cleveland with 4 dual Pensa turrets, like I used to drive in NavyField lol.

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,355 posts
20,099 battles

Certain people enjoy  (pain)  playing premium tier eight cruisers and getting beaten up by the tier nines and tier ten big boys on the block. 

• Boring 1

Members
62 posts
2,285 battles

Its a . . . Baltimore?

Sorry, a Baltimore with worse reload worse AA, better concealment, better speed. I don't see the point since I'm keeping the Baltimore. 

Edited by RC_1140

Members
855 posts
3,736 battles
16 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

So they want me to pay for the privilege of getting the crap beat out of me by tier 10's?

Yes, top dollar to! For 100 bucks they will give you a special camo so you look cool while you get ROFLstomped. 

• Funny 1

Members
855 posts
3,736 battles

If they offered a refund on all t8 premiums I'd sell every last one back to them. They can have my Atago, Prince, Tirp, Mass, lo yang, Kidd, Every last one of them!!!!! Take them back WG!!!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

Members
62 posts
2,285 battles
1 minute ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

If they offered a refund on all t8 premiums I'd sell every last one back to them. They can have my Atago, Prince, Tirp, Mass, lo yang, Kidd, Every last one of them!!!!! Take them back WG!!!

IMO Kidd is fine when in t10 games, the heal lets it fight t10 dds and survive (if it can escape to heal). I dueled 2 t10 dds in my Kidd yesterday and survived the entire game. There was 1 t8 per side and the rest were 10's. The rest of them though, I wouldn't want to be in t10 games all the time. 

Members
855 posts
3,736 battles
2 minutes ago, RC_1140 said:

IMO Kidd is fine when in t10 games, the heal lets it fight t10 dds and survive (if it can escape to heal). I dueled 2 t10 dds in my Kidd yesterday and survived the entire game. There was 1 t8 per side and the rest were 10's. The rest of them though, I wouldn't want to be in t10 games all the time. 

Its still a waste certainly since they want to make everything t10 these days anyways. If your not playing a t10 at this point your doing it wrong. 

[NUWES]
Members
2,014 posts
6,503 battles
22 minutes ago, RC_1140 said:

Its a . . . Baltimore?

Sorry, a Baltimore with worse reload worse AA, better concealment, better speed. I don't see the point since I'm keeping the Baltimore. 

I have the sneaking suspicion she will be picking up a heal or something. 

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,213 posts
5,340 battles

Needs a heal.  Or some other form of luck.  Took a ram, took a shell for little damage and I think it bounced a torp that failed to detonate. :fish_happy:

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,060 posts
16,404 battles

I went into it in detail here comparing her to Baltimore.

That concealment is a big deal.  She'll be stealthier than even Edinburgh who can go down to 9km detection range in a Stealth Build.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,636 posts
13 minutes ago, FCA_Wichita said:

Needs a heal.  Or some other form of luck.  Took a ram, took a shell for little damage and I think it bounced a torp that failed to detonate. :fish_happy:

THIS^^

That would make Balti and Wichita the USN Hipper/Eugen duo.   I'd gladly trade a small bit of rof and a minor AA nerf for a heal!  (and speed and detection buffs)    All the current Balti really misses is that heal- it would really help keep you in the fight longer.  I don't miss the T9 upgrade anywhere near as much as I miss the heal it used to get!!

If they do that- I'm buying it!    The US needs a good premium CA  (notice I said GOOD- Indy doesn't count) at a tier lower than 10.    It's not like there aren't scads of WWII era CA's to choose from- and even some that aren't in the game/ would be difficult to place as tech tree ships.

I just want to see the end of using downtiered gimped stock hulls as premiums.    

For US premiums, there is often enough of a difference between ships outfitted for the Atlantic and those being sent to the Pacific to justify making an interesting same tier premium- and it would likely be easier on the devs than trying to balance a tier 8 ship as a tier 7 premium...   After all, the actual armament- esp AA often differed widely between sister ships, due to availability at the time/ mission requirements/ refits/testing out new stuff etc.

The recent buffs to Hipper/Eugen are a perfect example of how to do this.   We now have a reason to play one or the other, besides premium bennys.   One now has a tad more firepower, the other more staying power.   I play my Eugen a LOT more now than I ever did before- and I LIKED the OG Hipper!

[NUWES]
Members
2,014 posts
6,503 battles
26 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I went into it in detail here comparing her to Baltimore.

That concealment is a big deal.  She'll be stealthier than even Edinburgh who can go down to 9km detection range in a Stealth Build.

The problem is Edinburgh can do much more with it's stealth. It can get a couple of salvos and torpedoes off before the enemy realistically can react to its presence and it is a good capper and DD hunter. Wichita can slip in close and realistically get one salvo off before the enemy reacts. And then it is stuck in close without a lot of HP to help it. I see this ship being almost as good against cruisers as Baltimore is thanks to American angles and SHS shells, and almost as good against CVs, but BBs and DDs will be a nightmare with that reload. It'll have trouble stacking damage on BBs, and it looks to be a bad DD hunter with many of the same problems that Indianapolis has (abnormally slow reload). 

I'm still looking forward to it but it definitely needs something else. The nerfed reload makes sense if they are going the way of Boise/Nueve or  Prince Eugen where the ship pays for a heal with nerfed reload. They don't do damage quickly but their heals allow them to survive to stack it slowly. This suggests to me that she will pick up a heal to balance slow reload and lower HP, but we'll have to see. 

[WOLF9]
Members
7,949 posts
3,407 battles
3 hours ago, Carl said:

ST, American cruiser Wichita, tier VIII

Thanks for quoting the post.  For some reason FB links don't work from this forum.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
2 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

They couldn't sell me another t8 if they tried......

Same here. I already have several tier 8 Cruisers that I never play because they're just fodder for tier 10s and I see no reason to add another Cruiser to my port that I'll never play.

[LWA]
Members
658 posts
9,710 battles

WG, when are going to realize that you can't attract more needed players to T8 with more and more T8 premiums?  T8 is broken and this is not going to fix it. T8 needs to be +1/-1

• Cool 1

Members
1,579 posts
13,463 battles
2 minutes ago, db4100 said:

WG, when are going to realize that you can't attract more needed players to T8 with more and more T8 premiums?  T8 is broken and this is not going to fix it. T8 needs to be +1/-1

Someone posted from stream today that tier 8 MM is going to be addressed in some way, will see what they do....

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Thanks for quoting the post.  For some reason FB links don't work from this forum.

Odd, works for me.

[H_]
Members
1,472 posts

Just another clone gimmick ship......  Whales will buy anything and the rest of us can't see the reason for duplicate ships that all they change are small technical capabilities...

Good grief.

Members
855 posts
3,736 battles
2 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Just another clone gimmick ship......  Whales will buy anything and the rest of us can't see the reason for duplicate ships that all they change are small technical capabilities...

Good grief.

Not all of us, I spent my last $100 bucks the other day on this game. After I dropped it I felt instant regret and swore I'd never spend another dime. I have dropped thousands and I'm done. 

They will have to make alot of changes to get me to spend again. 

• Cool 1

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,213 posts
5,340 battles
48 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Good grief.

Wichita is a one ship class, the clone of nothing.  They modified the Brooklyn hull design and gave it the heaviest armor of the treaty cruisers.  Here gun layout was a first and the foundation for most cruisers after her.  They do need to do something to make her stand out or just play differently than Baltimore though.  Either a heal or perhaps all the CL consumables.

Also, Salem and Wichita need Wicked Witches of East and West camouflage for Halloween... :fish_haloween:

• Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Members
7,949 posts
3,407 battles
1 hour ago, Carl said:

Odd, works for me.

Do you have a FB account?  (I, and many others, don't.)

Sign in to follow this