You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SteelClaw

From Anniversary Livestream some changes incoming.

59 comments in this topic

Members
869 posts

No details were given.

1- Tier 8-10 MM is going to have some changes that should help tier 8.

2- The amount of DD per game per side will be restricted to 4 as long as the wait time does not go to long.

3- Radar changes are incoming they are working on two ideas. No info on what they are were given. 

• Cool 4

[FBXGC]
Members
382 posts
2,278 battles
2 minutes ago, SteelClaw said:

2. The amount of DD per game per side will be restricted to 4 as long as the wait time does not go to long.

Is this a thing people complain about? The other two are for sure, but this..?

[VW]
Members
2,270 posts
13,609 battles
2 minutes ago, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

Is this a thing people complain about? The other two are for sure, but this..?

The noobs hide in back shuddering as soon as there are more than 3 dds per side. Ive seen 6 per and more, then they just go afk and start a new battle

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
3,553 posts
5,293 battles

wows dev team is taking a different path from the wot dev team,i'm pretty happy about all that good news.

[187]
Members
1,077 posts
7,437 battles

I become giddy when I see a lot of DD's in my secondary specd monty. 

[FORM]
Members
348 posts
6,845 battles
20 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Good news on all counts. 

Any news on the CW rework during the stream?

Not that i saw, but i did not see the whole thing. 

Just now, Cruxdei said:

wows dev team is taking a different path from the wot dev team,i'm pretty happy about all that good news.

I agree.

[RNJR]
Members
256 posts
4,535 battles

YES every match should have Seven BBs, ZERO CV, four DD and no cruisers because radar ruins the four dd's day. We all agree that cruisers behind islands burning all the big bad BBs to death is bad so lets just put less DDs for cruisers to radar so there are less DDs to torpedo the BBs. Problem solved?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,115 battles

Now with T8 radar cuiser premium announced it's a good time to consider making it a more counterable part of gameplay rather than a simple FUDD button.

Beta Testers
1,895 posts
10,762 battles

Limit of DD proves 2 things:

1. BB whining is much more effective than anyone else whining. We all know who's paying for the game.
  2. WG admits their failure of ship type balancing (see CV hard limits)
Edited by chewonit
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

Members
21,171 posts
5,686 battles
4 minutes ago, chewonit said:

BB whining is much more effective than anyone else whining. 

Then why was it cruisers that got fire duration decreased, and not BBs?

Fire is right up there with torps as a BB complaint.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 1

Members
182 posts
2,612 battles

I find it hilarious that they want to address radar because people on the forums whine about it, and they want to address too many DD's when people on the forums say that no one plays DD because of radar. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
1,728 posts
11,062 battles
1 hour ago, SteelClaw said:

No details were given.

1- Tier 8-10 MM is going to have some changes that should help tier 8.

2- The amount of DD per game per side will be restricted to 4 as long as the wait time does not go to long.

3- Radar changes are incoming they are working on two ideas. No info on what they are were given. 

You forgot 4. - Two new prem RN battleships: Dreadnought and Vanguard   

I wish they had more info on tier 8 Vanguard. I can't see how those guns can compete as a tier 8. 

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,115 battles

It's perfectly reasonable.  DDs are balanced to have the highest risk and highest reward.  Too many DDs causes the reward multiplier to begin causing issues when one team gets hosed by the risk.  In the same vein, too much risk causes the DDs to drop in players as most people are risk averse and will see it as not worth it.  WG must keep the risk and reward high without making either too severe.  It's a critical balancing point for a design like DDs.

That said, I'm not against a DD revamp one day to normalize those and make them a bit less volatile.  Especially once CVs make a return.  I don't see how having two counters to a high risk gameplay type will work out long term, but we'll see I guess.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,486 posts
15,773 battles
26 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Then why was it cruisers that got fire duration decreased, and not BBs?

Fire is right up there with torps as a BB complaint.

While it mat be now, historically torps were the second main BB complaint; right after CVs, and we all saw what happened to them for the last 3 years.

10 minutes ago, Captain_Kylere said:

I find it hilarious that they want to address radar because people on the forums whine about it, and they want to address too many DD's when people on the forums say that no one plays DD because of radar. 

They are addressing radar because DD play numbers are down significantly in higher tiers; they are limiting the number of DDs per match because if you have 5 BBs hiding behind the same island and they spot a DD they will take off in 5 different directions as fast as they can travel.

• Boring 3

[WOLF1]
Members
3,998 posts
14 minutes ago, Captain_Kylere said:

Maybe that's because the forums don't always know the things the data shows...

Members
182 posts
2,612 battles
9 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Maybe that's because the forums don't always know the things the data shows...

Oh totally, half the things I see people on the forums saying are 'every time, everyday, all games, all matches' are outright wrong. 25% of the remaining want to nerf everything other than their favorite ship and the remaining 25% vary from outright nutter to semi-sane. 

It's why I take the forums with a grain of salt.

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,455 posts
9,239 battles
22 minutes ago, Captain_Kylere said:

WOWS also uses survey results and relies heavily on server numbers and trends.  Forumites may be loud, but they are a small percentage of the player base.  And it is some people complaining.  Radar cruisers are very vulnerable except fo 30 - 45 sec windows.  More than one CC has produced a video about the benefits of not equipping radar.  And, if DD players have stopped driving their DD’s I have had many anomalous matches full of DD’s the last few months.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
3,998 posts
1 minute ago, ExploratorOne said:

And, if DD players have stopped driving their DD’s I have had many anomalous matches full of DD’s the last few months.

Agreed, I'm not a high number of battles player per day or week at the moment, but, what I *am* seeing is not matching the 'less DDs' thing!

• Cool 1

[SUCIT]
Members
996 posts
4,030 battles
19 minutes ago, Umikami said:

They are addressing radar because DD play numbers are down significantly in higher tiers; they are limiting the number of DDs per match because if you have 5 BBs hiding behind the same island and they spot a DD they will take off in 5 different directions as fast as they can travel.

Supply any logical proof you have of this. 

Numbers straight from WG are the only reliable sources, and we don't have that.

Members
182 posts
2,612 battles
4 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

WOWS also uses survey results and relies heavily on server numbers and trends.  Forumites may be loud, but they are a small percentage of the player base.  And it is some people complaining.  Radar cruisers are very vulnerable except fo 30 - 45 sec windows.  More than one CC has produced a video about the benefits of not equipping radar.  And, if DD players have stopped driving their DD’s I have had many anomalous matches full of DD’s the last few months.

Yeah, in game chat and the 4-5 dd's a match show the forums wrong all the time. People who have no idea events are going on are more common than those who do, etc. 

The overall user base is remarkably under informed.

[LOU1]
Members
3,455 posts
9,239 battles
7 minutes ago, Captain_Kylere said:

Yeah, in game chat and the 4-5 dd's a match show the forums wrong all the time. People who have no idea events are going on are more common than those who do, etc. 

The overall user base is remarkably under informed.

There is more than one frequent forum poster that no longer plays WOWS or plays very few battles :cap_yes:

Edited by ExploratorOne

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,038 posts
7,365 battles
1 hour ago, SteelClaw said:

The amount of DD per game per side will be restricted to 4 as long as the wait time does not go to long

That's dumb. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,038 posts
7,365 battles
3 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

Destroyers are the least played type/class out of the 3 surface ships and have been for over 2 years.

Do you have any proof to back your statement up?

• Cool 1