You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrunoSchezer

From the Anniversary Livestream, Two New Ships: HMS Vanguard and HMS Dreadnought

29 comments in this topic

[FALCO]
Alpha Tester
1,000 posts
6,092 battles

Just at the start of the anniversary stream, the Devs mentioned the inclusion of two new ships for ST: Vanguard a Dreadnought, here a screenshot (at least of Vanguard, sorry, I did not have the oportunity to take one of Dreadnought)

geKqQZe.jpg

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,300 posts

Hooray!!  Of course you missed Dreadnought.  Anyone got it?

I wonder what they're going to do to make Dreadnought competitive at Tier 3.  If they just nerf Bellerophon its going to be hurting.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,726 posts
5,902 battles

Forum rules don't permit me to use the adjective I would like to use to express my excitement, save to say that Samuel L Jackson is famous for it.

Second word is "Awesome".

I wonder if their vision of Vanguard meets my projections and expectations. Dreadnought is just Bellerophon in main battery terms, so we will have to see what spice they add there.

[KRAB]
Members
730 posts
7,212 battles

Vanguard would be a good tier 8 (9 if they really mess up reload time and give it gimmicks up the Wazoo) and Dreadnought a good tier 3 with strong historical backing. 

I would like to see the original Battlecruisers (Invincible, Lion, etc) as well - bring something new to the table. 

[KRAB]
Members
730 posts
7,212 battles
Just now, TheDreadnought said:

Hooray!!  Of course you missed Dreadnought.  Anyone got it?

I wonder what they're going to do to make Dreadnought competitive at Tier 3.  If they just nerf Bellerophon its going to be hurting.

I don't think it is really different from Bellerophon - only torpedo belt (which can be fudged) and secondaries which are worthless. They could just give it 0.1 better sigma or 2 seconds shorter reload if they really need to. 

[ARGSY]
Members
8,726 posts
5,902 battles

If they just nerf Bellerophon its going to be hurting.

To a certain extent they will have to. Bellerophon IRL had 4 inch secondaries because they recognised that the profusion of 12pdrs (3 inch/76mm roughly) on Dreadnought wasn't meaty enough on a shell for shell basis any more. Whether that constitutes a significant nerf is up to the buyers.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,300 posts
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

To a certain extent they will have to. Bellerophon IRL had 4 inch secondaries because they recognised that the profusion of 12pdrs (3 inch/76mm roughly) on Dreadnought wasn't meaty enough on a shell for shell basis any more. Whether that constitutes a significant nerf is up to the buyers.

Well to TheDreadnought, king of all secondary builds. . . the secondary situation is a huge nerf!

Maybe they should just give the 76mm guns an awesome range and built in IFHE so they can actually damage something.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,726 posts
5,902 battles

Well to TheDreadnought, king of all secondary builds. . . the secondary situation is a huge nerf!

Maybe they should just give the 76mm guns an awesome range and built in IFHE so they can actually damage something.

With the number of guns available, everywhere over the ship, coverage arc and fire chance over time are going to be awesome (if you want to get that close).

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,093 posts
4,995 battles

Ah I see that WG has finally realised that the UK needs some sort of premium cruiser. It's not like they need another 2 BBs since the Brits already have 4. :fish_palm:

Sarcasm aside I am happy to hear and see that Vanguard and Dreadnought are coming. so WG can take my money already. I'm just completely not convinced that they are what the British tech tree needed next.

• Cool 6

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles
8 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Someone tag me if a devblog post goes up about Vanguard.

Ditto please.

20 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Vanguard would be a good tier 8 (9 if they really mess up reload time and give it gimmicks up the Wazoo) and Dreadnought a good tier 3 with strong historical backing. 

I would like to see the original Battlecruisers (Invincible, Lion, etc) as well - bring something new to the table. 

Vanguard has the same main battery as Queen Elizabeth, given how they're changing AAA in the CV Rework there's no reason they couldn't downtier her now. (Also yay, we can get Maryland and WV). The real issue of course is the glut of T7 UK BB premiums. Pity they didn't consider making Vanguard a british Kronshtadt, would have been, interesting, to say the least.

[HINON]
Members
10,326 posts
[ARGSY]
Members
8,726 posts
5,902 battles
27 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I'm just completely not convinced that they are what the British tech tree needed next.

You want heavy cruisers, don't you?

Carriers are in the works, I think, but can't be released or even hinted at until after the rework is released - they will be the first class designed by WG from the ground up with the rework in mind. We're just about to get destroyers (lucky unlock recipients should have them late this week). So a couple of long-desired battleships are not exactly out of place, but one at Tier 8 with enough gimmicks to keep British 4 x 2 15" armament viable there would not go astray.

[DARTH]
Members
541 posts
12,182 battles
50 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Some people are VERY excited right now.

Nah, I’m just ‘happy to see her’

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,093 posts
4,995 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You want heavy cruisers, don't you?

So long as WG abandons the stupid and limiting AP only gimmick for British heavy cruisers then sure. :Smile_teethhappy:

The RN could use any premium cruiser atm I think. How long ago was Belfast taken out? There hasn't been a sniff of a new premium cruiser for ages.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
586 posts
1,243 battles
2 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

The RN could use any premium cruiser atm I think. How long ago was Belfast taken out? There hasn't been a sniff of a new premium cruiser for ages.

This^^^

[ARGSY]
Members
8,726 posts
5,902 battles
1 minute ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

So long as WG abandons the stupid and limiting AP only gimmick for British heavy cruisers then sure. 

I think for heavy cruisers they would have to. Even if they give the British CA's smoke, the rate of fire should be low enough that firing HE out of it would not make them OP.

On the other hand, the thought of an 8 inch AP shell with an RN short fuze timer exploding inside a destroyer can't fill too many DD mains with joy.

Members
1,501 posts
10 battles

That is so cool, the first Dreadnought and the last Dreadnought ever built! The historical significance is amazing, I would love to see a package deal called The Alpha and Omega package where you could save some money buying the bundle vs individually. 

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,329 posts
11,284 battles
4 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Ah I see that WG has finally realised that the UK needs some sort of premium cruiser. It's not like they need another 2 BBs since the Brits already have 4. :fish_palm:

Sarcasm aside I am happy to hear and see that Vanguard and Dreadnought are coming. so WG can take my money already. I'm just completely not convinced that they are what the British tech tree needed next.

Pretty much my feelings exactly. There are RN premiums I'd be less excited to see, but few of them compared to Vanguard in particular.

Oh look, the US just had Wichita announced to go with Alaska!