You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

PSA: An interesting economy... for the next two days.

11 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
8,777 posts
5,911 battles

Dashas and space captains are currently being advertised in the Premium shop for $20.42 CDN.

Five anniversary crates in a bundle, with more than enough tokens in them (45 per crate) to get you a Dasha/Spacer (and then some) are $18.90 CDN

For all I know, the Dashas/Spacers are in the premium shop to stay after the patch drops. But if you are going to spend the money anyway and you have it now, you are better off buying the crates right this minute, right now and taking the flags they offer home as a bonus (and converting the collection items to credits at 15k apiece too).

After tomorrow, it will be too late. Hell, given what happened in Go Navy, it may be too late after TODAY.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 2

[FGNE]
Members
770 posts
2,423 battles

15 crates for 40.00.  That is a discount on the captains + flags.  It is how I now have 4x 10pt commanders.

15 crates is enough for 4 captains and some left over.

Edited by JonnyFreedom

[ARGSY]
Members
8,777 posts
5,911 battles
Just now, JonnyFreedom said:

15 crates for 40.00.  That is a discount on the captains + flags.  It is how I now have 4x 10pt commanders.

True, and I'm sure 30 crates = even better chances of squeezing in an extra captain or more flags. Most of us here should be able to run the math. But it was mainly to make the point that doing it via containers is actually cheaper until the end of the patch/the containers disappearing (if that happens first).

[-S-R-]
Members
1,908 posts
2,728 battles

I bought the crates and all the dasha caps before they were for sale individually. Once I saw they were 70 bucks I knew it was a scam. That's about what I paid for the crates

[ARGSY]
Members
8,777 posts
5,911 battles
2 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Once I saw they were 70 bucks

In what currency? Or are you talking about the joint package with eight? ($93.90 CDN)

If you got them in crates/token conversion for the same as you would have paid to get them up front, how is that a scam?

If anything, the crates offered the chance to sacrifice a captain or two for something else (e.g. Edinburgh arctic camo, Space captain) if you wanted it, but that's hardly dishonest IMO.

[FGNE]
Members
770 posts
2,423 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

In what currency? Or are you talking about the joint package with eight? ($93.90 CDN)

If you got them in crates/token conversion for the same as you would have paid to get them up front, how is that a scam?

If anything, the crates offered the chance to sacrifice a captain or two for something else (e.g. Edinburgh arctic camo, Space captain) if you wanted it, but that's hardly dishonest IMO.

He is talking USD.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,777 posts
5,911 battles
Just now, JonnyFreedom said:

He is talking USD.

For the package, yes. Although on second look, I see they dropped 90 days of premium time into that package, so... yeah. Perhaps @_1204_ has a point there, but should have been forthcoming with details as well as accusations.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,964 posts
16,376 battles

Love that you're posting this.  Thanks :).

Wanna know what's in these?  Here's what I got:

Edited by Lord_Zath
  • Cool 1

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,839 posts
4,849 battles

Reminds me of how an individual instant noodles were discounted but the ones that come in pack of four do not, and buying them individually ended up being cheaper...:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
674 posts
1,304 battles

I agree the Dasha commanders are overpriced, but they do come with 14 days of premium time. For someone who doesn't have premium time and plays a lot, they're likely to get more value from that than they are from 25 flags and converting extra tokens to credits.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,777 posts
5,911 battles
15 hours ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

I agree the Dasha commanders are overpriced, but they do come with 14 days of premium time. For someone who doesn't have premium time and plays a lot, they're likely to get more value from that than they are from 25 flags and converting extra tokens to credits.

This much is true; I hadn't taken that into account. Perhaps I assumed that anyone who routinely shovels money at the game would most likely already be running premium time. :Smile_ohmy: