You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
embeddeddear97

Being punished for team damage

30 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
Members
275 posts
3,194 battles

So I’m trying out a new line and I’m in randoms but only get 1 other person on my team. Rest are bots. So I’m going to torpedo this enemy ship and a bot destroyer sails right into my torps and now I have a 4 match TK penalty. The bot didn’t even try to turn and it could’ve gotten out of the way but no it didn’t. Now I can’t get through this line as fast as I had hoped because wargaming screwed me over

• Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[INTEL]
Members
1,065 posts
10,186 battles

Green bots torp each other regularly, no way they are gonna dodge your torps. Red bots, OTOH, have the ability to sense a torp drop, go back in time 5 sec and begin dodging before you actually launch.

Edited by Ares1967
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
430 posts
12,383 battles

Well....you killed a teammate.  Even if it was a bot, it’s still a teammate.  If you fired torps from a position that was able to hit a friendly, then you shouldn’t have fired them.   This situation is as old as the game itself.  You and ONLY you are responsible for any and all ordinance fired.   WG is not in any way responsible for your TK penalty.  Only you are.....

• Cool 8

[O_O]
Members
4,927 posts
10,844 battles

Sorry to have to say it, but your issue has nothing to do with the bot.  You launched torps where a team mate could get hit by them.  This is the cardinal rule of avoiding team damage...don't do that.

There is some good news, however.  The TK penalty does not halt your progress.  It is just a color.  Just be sure you don't do any further team damage to lengthen your penalty, or incur more serious penalties.

In summary, don't worry about it.  Your forum profile shows you have less than 1,000 games, so take your experience, learn from it, and improve.  No big deal.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
2,052 posts
6,467 battles

You are being "punished" for torpedoing a friendly ship.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,466 posts
7,613 battles
Just now, RumpledSteelskins said:

Well....you killed a teammate.  Even if it was a bot, it’s still a teammate.

Is that what they told you? Green bots are spies/moles for the Reds. They read and pass along any chat between green humans.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles

I got torped by friendly DDs in my Benson in 3 separate Tier 10 games yesterday. Seems people never learn. Then naturally I get blamed for stopping in my smoke.

• Cool 2

Members
24 posts
569 battles

What was said above me is correct.  Any time you fire torps into an area where any green ship ... and I mean ANY green ship ... can get hit, you're doing it wrong.  If you're going to sacrifice *maybe* hitting a friendly DD with 1000 hp left because there are three wounded and flooding BBs and you're finishing them off with a big torp spread, that's cool.

Otherwise, it's your fault whenever a friendly gets hit by a torpedo.  Torpedoes are no different from main batteries.  If you hit a friendly with a main battery, you're probably doing something wrong or gambling on your accuracy.  The same goes for torpedoes.

[WOLF2]
Members
430 posts
12,383 battles
Just now, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Is that what they told you? Green bots are spies/moles for the Reds. They read and pass along any chat between green humans.

Don’t know about that, but I do know that green bots rode the short bus to school and the new and improved red ones are the ones that graduated from college at age 10.

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
8,735 posts
5,902 battles
2 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Who here has seen the old SF film "Silent Running", and the card game between the human and his two robot companions?

The best evidence for the Green bots being spies is the two or three occasions where the bot carrier on BOTH sides has had the same commander name!!!

[WORX]
Members
2,777 posts
14,158 battles

i really cant blame WG because you failed to be responsible for your torps. Before blaming a BOT that can;t defend itself from your aggression, the penalty enforced is part of the rules of NOT torping your teammate. 

My fellow forum readers, a moment of silence and respect for the BOT the OP killed by his reckless trigger mouse finger. The silent victim of this unprovoked attack from the OP.

The Bot was survived by his fellow fleet bots

:Machin gun:

:Tommy gun:

:Prancer:

:Blitzen:

And lastly :Rudolph:

20 minutes ago, embeddeddear97 said:

The bot didn’t even try to turn and it could’ve gotten out of the way but no it didn’t.

BOT lives matter, GL, and HF (comedy is all I can tke out from this situation)

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Funny 3

[WOLF2]
Members
430 posts
12,383 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Who here has seen the old SF film "Silent Running", and the card game between the human and his two robot companions

Great movie!!!  Heuy, Dewey and Louie.  I can’t remember which were the 2 he was trying to teach to play poker, but the third one had lost his grip during an EVA to fix something and floated off into space.  

And at one point he has to reprogram them to do surgery on his inured leg.

I need to watch that again.  Haven’t seen it in years.

Edited by RumpledSteelskins

[TDRB]
Members
2,052 posts
6,467 battles
5 minutes ago, Rear_Ensign_King said:

What was said above me is correct.  Any time you fire torps into an area where any green ship ... and I mean ANY green ship ... can get hit, you're doing it wrong.  If you're going to sacrifice *maybe* hitting a friendly DD with 1000 hp left because there are three wounded and flooding BBs and you're finishing them off with a big torp spread, that's cool.

Otherwise, it's your fault whenever a friendly gets hit by a torpedo.  Torpedoes are no different from main batteries.  If you hit a friendly with a main battery, you're probably doing something wrong or gambling on your accuracy.  The same goes for torpedoes.

No, it is not cool to sacrifice a teammate's ship to increase your kills.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,466 posts
7,613 battles
4 minutes ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

Don’t know about that, but I do know that green bots rode the short bus to school and the new and improved red ones are the ones that graduated from college at age 10.

The bots are just like those guys that have two accounts and they sync drop a CV in both accounts at once, with the goal of playing one to win, and the other to be a total dead weight for the other team. To prop up the stats of one account.

Except the Bots don't care about the stats of the individual bot: It's all about the bot team winning - all for the collective, the Bot Borg.

So don't believe the "D-uuuhhhh, gee Tennessee!" Huck Finn demeanor of the green bots - it's all an act to get you looking the other way while they're getting the dagger ready.

Gotta run. My hat has a tear in the foil and the electromagnetic interference is getting in - gotta go fix it!

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
8,735 posts
5,902 battles
2 minutes ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

Great movie!!!  Heuy, Dewey and Louie.  I can’t remember which were the 2 he was trying to teach to play poker, but the third one had lost his grip during an EVA to fix something and floated off into space.  

I need to watch that again.  Haven’t seen it in years.

"You will be called Huey and you will be called Dewey. Louie, unfortunately, is no longer with us." The third bot was swept off the outer hull of the ship by debris before the naming occurred.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Community Department
2,422 posts
634 battles
12 minutes ago, embeddeddear97 said:

So I’m trying out a new line and I’m in randoms but only get 1 other person on my team. Rest are bots. So I’m going to torpedo this enemy ship and a bot destroyer sails right into my torps and now I have a 4 match TK penalty. The bot didn’t even try to turn and it could’ve gotten out of the way but no it didn’t. Now I can’t get through this line as fast as I had hoped because wargaming screwed me over

This is how the system works. I understand you because I had such not very succesful torpedo teamkill last weekend. And had 4 match TK penalty aswell. It's not a punishment, it's only a warning. And we need this system to prevent systematic violations. So go easy with this. Need to be more careful.

[AP]
Members
1,196 posts
12,688 battles
24 minutes ago, embeddeddear97 said:

Now I can’t get through this line as fast as I had hoped because wargaming screwed me over

pink doesnt interfere with XP income

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
8,735 posts
5,902 battles
2 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

It's called taking a hit for the team. But yeah, one of those difficult calls for desperate circumstances only.

Members
21,171 posts
5,686 battles
26 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

It is ok to risk hitting a soon-dead teammate, if hurting the target will make an appreciable difference to the big picture.

Just be prepared to accept the consequences of sinking a teammate, whether your gamble pays off or not.

• Cool 1

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

The Pixel Protection league has taken note of your pernicious and petulant attitude and shall continue to peruse your behavior towards benevolent bots.

Beware human. The server knows.

• Funny 1

[TDRB]
Members
2,052 posts
6,467 battles
3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

It is ok to risk hitting a soon-dead teammate, if hurting the target will make an appreciable difference to the big picture.

Just be prepared to accept the consequences of sinking a teammate, whether your gamble pays off or not.

This is not real warfare where commanders must choose between sacrificing the few to save the many. This is a game and we should respect the other player regardless of his skill or remaining hit points.