You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NAfishyCaptain

T9s to T10s

16 comments in this topic

[KWC]
Members
71 posts
1,408 battles

Hey, I would like some opinion on what YOU would do: Speed up to T10 with doubloons or grind up there. I'm almost at T9 and would like to know what you think. I want to try to get the T10 within the next Clan season.

Community Department
2,422 posts
634 battles
3 minutes ago, NAfishyCaptain said:

Hey, I would like some opinion on what YOU would do: Speed up to T10 with doubloons or grind up there. I'm almost at T9 and would like to know what you think. I want to try to get the T10 within the next Clan season.

Any option, just remember that you have almost 4 days to purchase any ship with special price. 

[VW]
Members
2,270 posts
13,607 battles
16 minutes ago, NAfishyCaptain said:

I grind only the necessary upgrades, usually hull. Never engine or range etc. I use the camos which boost xp the most and add dragon flags to bring it over the top fast, especially on first win bonus. If you have premium time you can grind these very fast since its 6k for a loss and 10+ for a win. Without prem time it’s a long grind, and the ships are genrally the worst since you always see tier 10, and are outgunned, and out armored. The only exceptions are the dds, they are good in general but with them at least for me its’s harder to get good xp.

if you have dubs burning a hole in your pocket id trade 1 for 35 free xp and buy a mushy or krohnstadt if you havent already. Plus prem time to make the grind faster. Save dubs for tier 10 perm camo on the ships you like 5k each they cut costs 50%, makes tier 10 play sustainable.

Edited by monpetitloup

[HYDRO]
Members
2,414 posts
4,288 battles

I only unlock the modules on stock high tier ships with Free XP to make the grind easier. If you skip to Tier X you could easily be disappointed. 

Besides, you can play a bit rental ships during Clan Battle season while also grinding for your Tier X. And since the Ranked Season will last until 10/10 you can comfortably grind, even if the Clan Battles start a week after the end of Ranked.

Edited by warheart1992

[CHMC]
Members
334 posts
8,430 battles

I ground out every line, only using FXP on things the ships desperately needed and or weren't on the upgrade path to the next ship.

Certian hulls, CV upgrades, range upgrades on certain cruisers stuff like that.

Save your FXP unless you have millions of it then I guess go ham.

[RKLES]
Members
8,676 posts
10,809 battles

Depending on the ship line I will use Free XP to skip the tier 9 for the 10. USN DDs were good all the way up, but lines like Yamato if at all possible skip the 9.  So I would find out which 9s are bad and skip them if that is your wish and ability to do so.

[VW]
Members
2,270 posts
13,607 battles
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Depending on the ship line I will use Free XP to skip the tier 9 for the 10. USN DDs were good all the way up, but lines like Yamato if at all possible skip the 9.  So I would find out which 9s are bad and skip them if that is your wish and ability to do so.

For me fdg was by far worse than izmo. I can actually hurt the ships insee in izmo, whereas the pew pew guns on fdg bounce on whatever they actually hit (disperion anyone) and only hurt the most broadside of targets. Good luck getting into brawling range in an fdg so for me the secondaries were not a benefit. I clearly did not waste xp unlocking the big guns, unlocked gk and sold that piece without hesitation. Izmo is still in me port albeit without a captain lol!

[RKLES]
Members
8,676 posts
10,809 battles
24 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

For me fdg was by far worse than izmo. I can actually hurt the ships insee in izmo, whereas the pew pew guns on fdg bounce on whatever they actually hit (disperion anyone) and only hurt the most broadside of targets. Good luck getting into brawling range in an fdg so for me the secondaries were not a benefit. I clearly did not waste xp unlocking the big guns, unlocked gk and sold that piece without hesitation. Izmo is still in me port albeit without a captain lol!

My biggest problem with Izumo is the fact RNG often heavily trolled the main guns on it leaving me each battle to wonder which Ammo I would be forced to use. The performance of Izumo was so wild compared to any of my other ships. As far as I am concerned the Izumo still lies at the Bottom of Warriors Path map wehere it sank for the final time before it was sold to get my Yamato.

But I have heard some horror stories about FDG, so will need to save Free XP if I ever want Kurfurst lol.

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles
2 hours ago, NAfishyCaptain said:

Also, what can 152mm armour belt can bounce? just out of interest.

152 mm armor belt can bounce any AP shell in the game if properly angled.  You need to reach auto-ricochet angles because if not battleship caliber guns may be able to penetrate even with angling especially at close and medium ranges. For most ships this begins at 45 degrees and is guaranteed at 30 degrees. http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Gunnery_%26_Armor_Penetration#Armor-Piercing

As for your grinding question I would recommend using the special flags that you got from the anniversary containers and events to make your grind to tier 10 faster.  If you have doubloons and don't have premium consider spending it on premium in the client instead of free xp.  This will give you more credits for when you need to buy the tier X and also allow you to further speed up your grind.  I was able to grind through the Roon with just the old special flags (none of the new 3) with premium in 35 games during the German special during gamescom.  If you use the new ones too, you should be able to achieve a similar speed if you are at least an average player.

[-SF-]
Members
249 posts
3,262 battles

I prefer to grind using premium time and flags/cammo. I'm working on the Seattle and currently hitting 5k-7k xp per match using this. 

[AP]
Members
1,196 posts
12,688 battles

1 grind

2 you can use rental

3 if using rental, prepare a high skill point captain is more important than getting a TX ship