You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

Bring back Project R

25 comments in this topic

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,303 posts
15,519 battles

Given that it is not being put on sale again I think your proposal's chance for success is a long long shot.

On the positive side there is something similar coming to get the HMS Cossack

[ARRGG]
Members
4,856 posts
8,103 battles

I got my Kamikaze R back in the dunking for Pearl days and can attest to the fact that it is one fun boat .. let others get the chance to play it

Edited by HMCS_Devilfish

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,303 posts
15,519 battles
9 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

I got my Kamikaze R back in the dunking for Pearl days and can attest to the fact that it is one fun boat .. let others get the chance to play it

Hear Hear it is a fun DD and there are very very few of those left

[FML]
Members
2,250 posts
11,446 battles

I too would like to have a chance at earning a Kami R - though not as crazy as the last marathon which would have needed literally 14 hours a day of play for a week to get...

[VW]
Members
2,270 posts
13,613 battles
1 hour ago, DevilD0g said:

Bring back Project R

Id like to try and earn a kamikaze dd

bring it back, but earn a different ship, already gots a kamie lol

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,956 posts
9,235 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

bring it back, but earn a different ship, already gots a kamie lol

Do what they did with the fire/water event - just gets you a different permanent camo, or maybe dubloons in it's place.

Either way, they should bring the ship back. It's torps are no where near as OP as everyone thinks they are. they leave you exactly .14 seconds less reaction time than the T-22 tech tree ships. 

[VW]
Members
2,270 posts
13,613 battles
7 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Do what they did with the fire/water event - just gets you a different permanent camo, or maybe dubloons in it's place.

Either way, they should bring the ship back. It's torps are no where near as OP as everyone thinks they are. they leave you exactly .14 seconds less reaction time than the T-22 tech tree ships. 

Its not the torps, its the stealth. She can get to within 5(.2?)km of target, launch 6 fish (7km range), be gone without ever being seen. She outspots all ships in her spread. And the reload on torps is very fast. She is out gunned, but can defend herself in a pinch and can actually surprise the unwitting target. The only problem now is that she sees indy with radar, but one can work around that.

Edited by monpetitloup

[VFW]
Members
1,117 posts
22,684 battles
16 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Its not the torps, its the stealth. She can get to within 5(.2?)km of target, launch 6 fish (7km range), be gone without ever being seen. She outspots all ships in her spread. And the reload on torps is very fast. She is out gunned, but can defend herself in a pinch and can actually surprise the unwitting target. The only problem now is that she sees indy with radar, but one can work around that.

Same stealth range as the Minekaze (5.4 km) but the Kamikaze is 1.5 Knots slower.  The biggest difference between the Minekaze and Kamikaze R (and Fujin) is the speed of the torps.  They nerfed the speed of the Minekaze torps from 68 to 57 Knots.  This nerf really hit the Minekaze hard and made it harder to play.  Since the Kamikaze R (Fujin and Kamikaze) is premium, they didn't touch it.

VR,

P.S.  Pearls event to get the Kami R was good.  WoWS should think about bringing some of these popular events back (Fire and Water event).

[HYDRO]
Members
2,416 posts
4,292 battles
3 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

Same stealth range as the Minekaze (5.4 km) but the Kamikaze is 1.5 Knots slower.  The biggest difference between the Minekaze and Kamikaze R (and Fujin) is the speed of the torps.  They nerfed the speed of the Minekaze torps from 68 to 57 Knots.  This nerf really hit the Minekaze hard and made it harder to play.  Since the Kamikaze R (Fujin and Kamikaze) is premium, they didn't touch it.

VR,

P.S.  Pearls event to get the Kami R was good.  WoWS should think about bringing some of these popular events back (Fire and Water event).

Also Minekaze's torps do 10.833 damage versus the Kamikaze clones that do 14.400.

The biggest issue with Kamikaze doesn't have that much to do with stealth or torps or anything, but more with the playerbase.

A new player just coming to Tier IV or Tier V battles has very limited experience. He/She encounters a ship that is possibly crewed by 19 point Commanders and has possibly hundreds of battles in a Kamikaze. Having zero counterplay, especially if in a BB, having a low skilled Commander and superficial knowledge of the game is a recipe of disaster in my books.

[VFW]
Members
1,117 posts
22,684 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

Also Minekaze's torps do 10.833 damage versus the Kamikaze clones that do 14.400.

The biggest issue with Kamikaze doesn't have that much to do with stealth or torps or anything, but more with the playerbase.

A new player just coming to Tier IV or Tier V battles has very limited experience. He/She encounters a ship that is possibly crewed by 19 point Commanders and has possibly hundreds of battles in a Kamikaze. Having zero counterplay, especially if in a BB, having a low skilled Commander and superficial knowledge of the game is a recipe of disaster in my books.

You are correct that the Kamikaze R (and Fujin, Kamikaze) has a very high chance of having an experienced player w/high skill captain.   So like I repeat continuously, it's the Player that is OP, not the Ship.  So, if you see a Kamikaze R with the Clash of the Elements Camo beware.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,989 posts

Probably not... you know, they weight every ship based upon her stats and calculate where she sits on the teeter totter board of balance. Too many Kami R's put the board to the ground. 

They might if you all recruited another twenty thousand players though... fresh meat for the grinder... 

So I'd suggest if you want that to happen, ya better get started! 

/sarcasm :cap_haloween:

Shoot, just remembering the original Kami R Pearly missions almost brings a tear to my eye. 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,117 posts
12,382 battles
3 hours ago, Camo68 said:

I see them all the time.  There are a lot of Kami R's still in the wild.

[VW]
Members
2,270 posts
13,613 battles
3 hours ago, Camo68 said:

Just wait for a torp mission that allows tier 5 ships, you’ll see them if you play tier 5-7.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,956 posts
9,235 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

Max conceal Kami R is 5.4 km, T-22 is 5.6, the other IJN tech tree ships are 5.4, Nicholas is 5.8, Pod is 6.5 km, Jian is 5.9, and assuming wiki stats are right, 5.9 for the UK tier 5. 

All but Minekaze have more HP

Only Minekaze matches it's slow reload and has worse turret traverse, everything else has the same, or more, guns of the same caliber range, except T-22 that has smaller way faster firing guns. Also all the IJN's have a fairly shorter gun range than the others, roughly 1.5-2 km shorter.

It may still be very little, but everything has more than the 4 AA DPS it has.

Kami does 37.5 knots, Mine does 39, Jian 37, Pod does 42, T-22 34.5, Nich 37, Mut 37.5, Acasta 35. 

Most have similar turning radius with anywhere between  .8 second less rudder shift and .3 more.

Nich has 4x3 tubes at 66 second reload, Mut has 2x3 at 73, Minekaze is 3x2 at 42, Jianwei 2x3 at 66, pod 2x3 at 70, T-22 is 2x3 at 68, Kami is 3x2 at 47 seconds.

Same spotting range as other IJN DD's, Marginally better than T-22, that much better against the actual gunship DD's - that have 1000+ more HP than it. Everything has faster firing guns and as good or better traverse than it, other than the Minekaze it used to be called inferior to. It has truly negligible AA, the rest at least have something. Speed is 2.5-3 knots faster against 2 ships, everything else is basically the same speed or faster. They all have comparable agility. Yes, Kami has a good 20 seconds per tube - which, makes sense if you consider the fact that it is running twin tubes when everything else is running triples, and reloads average around 20 seconds per tube. Nich and Jian 22 seconds per tube, Pod is 23.3, T-22 is 22.6, Mut is 23.3, Kami is 23.5, and Mine, the only one using a similar setup, is 5 seconds overall, and has a 21 second average per tube. The launcher itself loads faster because it has less tubes on it but has the lowest actual reload per tube. 

And Sure, Pod and Nicholas, they have to get in spotting range no matter what. Acasta will likely have to use angles to stealth torp. Jian, T-22 (with a 1.9 km barrier instead of Kami's 1.6) Minekaze (same gap) and Mut (with about 2.6 km gap) can all torp from stealth and never be seen. 

So, aside from the fact she was given a tiny HP boos, and better guns, than Minekaze back in the day, what separates it from Minekaze really as while it's BETTER than Mine it's still not really a gun boat? Torpedoes. 68 knots with a 1.4 km spotting range leaves 7.67 seconds to react, and requires less lead, less time to get there. Whereas Minekaze at 57 knots with 1.2 km leaves 7.84, taking longer to reach so more lead and anticipation needed. And if you go through non torp accel speeds, there is a pattern in speed - spotting range that is followed on every line except IJN as far as DD's are concerned, with only French cruisers seeming to be a similar oddball. 58 knots and below get a 1.1 km spotted range, 59 and 60 get 1.2 km, 61-65 seems to get 1.3 km, and everything over that 1.4 km. T-22 follows this rule as well. Why it and Kami have such a close call on reaction time. Which is also why I say IJN is overnerfed other than maybe Shimakaze because the .3 km at most tiers added to spotted range on torps added around 2 seconds more reaction time than any other DD's with normal torps, half a second for the .1 km tacked onto Minekaze's torps. And even Shima could use that .1 km knocked off especially in this radar and hydro heavy meta.

Members
689 posts
7,609 battles

I purchased a Kamikaze after the Great Minekaze Nerf of 2017. Best $14.95 I've spent. 

I like the mid tiers, you never know what dumb thing will happen.

Run the speed flag and your 39.4 knots. W

[ARRGG]
Members
4,856 posts
8,103 battles
15 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

The Kamikazes strength is it’s low detection and fast Torp load time of 45 seconds or so, I once held off 3 BBS heading to our cap all by myself while our team capped .. fun stuff

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,956 posts
9,235 battles
22 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

The Kamikazes strength is it’s low detection and fast Torp load time of 45 seconds or so, I once held off 3 BBS heading to our cap all by myself while our team capped .. fun stuff

47 seconds stock. Now compare that to the fact that Minekaze has the same torp range, a 42 second stock reload, and the same spotting range. Wheres the cries of "Minekaze OP"? Nowhere because Minekaze's torps aren't just slower, but instead of the 1.1 km spotting range every of torpedo system in that speed range has, they have 1.2, which translates to roughly half a second more reaction time to avoid them compared to those other ships, and about .2 seconds more than the Kami clones. Kamikaze and the other two have the same 1.4 km spotting range any other torp in that speed range has. Holding off BB's like that doesn't require an insane gap or even low detection, I pulled a similar feet in a stealth captained ARP Takao. I do the same in my T-22, that has an extra half km torp range, and only spotted .2 km further out, with better guns. And while yes, it has the second fastest launchers only to Minekaze, if you look at pretty much every DD in game, from around tier 3-4 on up, they all have a general range on reload time of 20 something seconds per tube on the launcher. Which when you go to that level, actually has the slowest reload. Which may seem silly till you consider that 3x2 vs 2x3 have a different spread and all and is not too dissimilar than firing 3 guns off Colorado vs NC's bow pair. 

There's literally a ship that's faster, with faster reload, and the exact same detection. There's one with same detection, 1 km more range, but 2x3 tubes instead. Another that's damned close in spotting and torp range with identical torp performance. Jian has a stealth torp barrier as well with harder to spot DWT's. It has better turret traverse than Mine, but the other 3 have better rotation and RoF, more HP, and Jian and Mut are just as fast. Only T-22 is slower at 34.5 knots. There's a reason until the Minekaze was hit with the nerf howitzer it was a tier 5 favourite, it had torps closer to what Kami and T-22 have but more range. 

[WOLF1]
Members
4,002 posts
20 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

Bring back Project R

I got one in a Santa Crate at 2017 Xmas...

[WORX]
Members
2,782 posts
14,172 battles

They bring Project R or sell the Kamikazie  in the shop.... Ohhhh boy I am on this quicker then Pooh Bear to the honey jar. Take my money WG lol. 

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
224 posts
6,856 battles

yes wandering ghost, minekaze was over-nerfed. it used to be excellent.

bring back the kamikaze R in a comp or sell in premium

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,117 posts
12,382 battles
On 9/17/2018 at 4:29 AM, Camo68 said:

Hear Hear it is a fun DD - this is true

and there are very very few of those left - this is not.

[PLPT]
Members
207 posts
9,626 battles
On 9/17/2018 at 3:25 AM, DevilD0g said:

Bring back Project R

No, it's mine, all mine!

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
224 posts
6,856 battles
On 9/17/2018 at 6:07 PM, Camo68 said:

Given that it is not being put on sale again I think your proposal's chance for success is a long long shot.

On the positive side there is something similar coming to get the HMS Cossack

if i wanted the cossack i would have bought it, bring back the kamikaze R