Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Phasferous

Azur Lane Commander for Belfast. But...Belfast is unobtainable.

35 comments in this topic

[RAWR]
Members
499 posts

So I was looking through the Azur Lane commanders and I see one called the Belfast. However the Belfast isn't in the game anymore. I was around when she was removed from the store. While the Commander can be put on any ship, wouldn't it have been a even better marketing idea to have the Belfast available for this event? I mean Belfast on the Belfast would have been a great idea.

Just odd that this wasn't a thing. I mean a lot of people who run the Belfast have said good things about her. Did someone on the WGing Marketing team make a slip-up? lol

Edited by Phasferous

[KNTI2]
Members
864 posts
5,292 battles

I would argue that the prevalence of radar cruisers would have mostly balanced out its unique set of consumables (as Belfast's primary unbalancing feature relies on smoke, which radar renders moot), but it's not my call.

> but belfast is unobtainable

As is Enterprise, for the time being.

• Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
520 posts
6,108 battles

I have her on my Belfast.  Mmmm Belfast, I should play with her more.

Yay triple entendre.

Thought her and Kutuzov’s removal had something to do with smoke mechanics (with a side of efficacy).

Edited by SmokeHenge
Add topical statement.
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,139 posts
16,481 battles

Would you believe there were [edited] that sold their Belfasts after the gun - smoke - concealment nerf? 

Some guys did the same with their Kutuzovs, as she too was affected by the same nerf! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 3

[DIEBL]
Members
520 posts
6,108 battles
9 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Would you believe there were [edited] that sold their Belfasts after the gun - smoke - concealment nerf? 

Some guys did the same with their Kutuzovs, as she too was affected by the same nerf! :Smile_teethhappy:

But Huang He is still around... sleeping giant?  Perhaps when I’m done playing with my Belfast, I’ll share out some Huang. (Ok ok, I’m going to sleep)

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

Would you believe there were [edited] that sold their Belfasts after the gun - smoke - concealment nerf? 

I was a [edited] who rage sold Belfast when I was doing poorly with her. I hadn't gotten the hang of fighting her well. However, I put in a ticket earlier this year to see if I could get her back and was successful. And I'm glad to have her back.

Hint; For those of you who sold off Belfast and regret it, submit a ticket and be sure that you have enough credits to repay the credits you got for the ship when you sold her.

• Cool 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles

Well..you could but Belfast on the Edinburgh, the real Belfast's sister. To be honest I like the Fiji tons more than Belfast, and Ed is fun, even with Tier 8 MM. I never really felt OP with the Belfast, but I can carry with the other two for some reason. 

I know some will want Belfast on Belfast, for good reason, and I'm okay with her being sold again. The game has changed a ton since she first was sold, so I really don't think it would be a big deal anymore. Just my two cents. 

Several people have suggested and I agree, if Belfast is really OP, just move her up to Tier 8, and charge more money for her. Anyone that bought her before that gets a Tier 8 Premium for cheap. Everybody wins? 

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,956 posts
9,240 battles

Because like the Kami clones, it's marked as OP when it actually really isn't. Only difference is there is something broken with Belfast. 

The Kami clones that people suddenly say are "OP" - were shunned at first because they were basically Minekaze with torp accel built in, they were actually inferior other than maybe slightly better guns. Least to most. What makes them OP now - they weren't overly nerfed like the tech tree. Was 10 km at tier 5 a bit too much - probably, but they over did the spotting nerfs. T-22, 7.5 km, 1.3 km spotting, 62 knots. IJN finally gets torps that fast, without torp accel, at tier 7 - and while they get more range at that point they are spotted 1.6 out. Though Maass at  the same tier is still 1.3 spotting at 65 knots. Seriously, go through tiers, especially at 9, You'll see systems on par with IJN in speed and range, even number of torps, reload rate and damage, or better than IJN, with .1-.4 km lower spotting range, not even getting into PA DD DWT's, which doesn't sound like much, but is a huge difference. And most of these ships with better torps? Are gunboat type DD's or mixed role, not the supposed to be a torpedo boat IJN ships. Kami R torps - 68 knots, 1.4 km spotting, 7 km range. Reaction time against the T-22 torps, minimum 7.81 seconds. 7.61 seconds on he Kami R. Pretty much every other IJN torpedo - over 9 seconds or more to react. 

Belfast, the ship itself is actually kinda meh. Fun and good, but meh. I'd actually trade the Radar for a heal any day. But what's broken about Belfast is actually that very thing Radar. Not that the ship has it but I can sit in a smoke screen behind an island and light up a ship to shred it. And that ain't right. But, until they fix radar, if they ever do, well, it's a bit problematic. Far from the worst offender of OP but, stiill a bit of an issue. The fact it spews IFHE rounds doesn't help cause they never really balanced the fires out namely on BB's after they made IFHE a thing and made HE super reliable as an alpha damage source, and not 80% of shells just shattering. 

• Bad 2

[ICBM]
Members
482 posts
10,372 battles

I'm of the latter camp. I kept them.

[CHMC]
Members
334 posts
8,438 battles

I'm honestly not sure why the Belfast and Kutuzov are unobtainable now considering the smoke fire mechanics, and prevalence of radar. They are very strong but not like the terrors they used to be.
I have them both so bwahahahahaha but yeah.

Maybe they will do the Christmas crates again?

[ARGSY]
Members
8,836 posts
5,932 battles

Why you would sell a ship whose sale was about to be banned is beyond me.

Like others, I suspect the radar proliferation has probably diluted their powers. 

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,127 posts
12,386 battles

I have the Belfast and Belfast captain.  I would never consider removing Jack Dunkirk in order to let Belfast ride in Belfast.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,163 posts
9,461 battles
54 minutes ago, Troa_Barton said:

Maybe they will do the Christmas crates again?

Does WG like to make money?

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,151 posts
8,040 battles

Belfast's a nice ship, but honestly I wish I had sold her back for the doubloon cost when I had the chance since I'm kinda drowning in ships both regular and premium and barely even play her.

[_-_]
Members
1,641 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Why you would sell a ship whose sale was about to be banned is beyond me.

Like others, I suspect the radar proliferation has probably diluted their powers. 

Correct me if my memory fails, but didn't they pull the Belfast and Kutuzov and offer the sale for both at the same time due to the Great Cruiser Smoke Nerf?

I never did pick up a Belfast (silly me), but I hung onto the MK and I'm glad I did. It just means I have to ride the max range circle a little more. Radar means doodly-squat to Mikhail Kutuzov.

One thing for sure, I'm hoping the old "never say never" thing works out, because I'd love to add Belfast to me collection, with or without an Azur captain.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
8,836 posts
5,932 battles
8 minutes ago, CG11_HoleSnipe said:

Correct me if my memory fails, but didn't they pull the Belfast and Kutuzov and offer the sale for both at the same time due to the Great Cruiser Smoke Nerf?

I can't be sure. I was determined to be free-to-play when that happened, and now I'm very sorry I didn't loosen the wallet (I have hopes for Christmas, or a nice supercontainer one day). It would make sense, though, to lower the price a bit to encourage more people to take their last chance at getting one of them.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,764 posts
8,291 battles
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Would you believe there were idiots that sold their Belfasts after the gun - smoke - concealment nerf?

tenor.gif?itemid=4040974

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
459 posts
3,517 battles

All they have to do to fix the Belfast is make it have to choose between smoke or radar. Or make a "Belfast Lima" and poof done.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[DARTH]
Members
541 posts
12,209 battles
51 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

All they have to do to fix the Belfast is make it have to choose between smoke or radar. Or make a "Belfast Lima" and poof done.

Best answer yet.  If they did this and gave her the wartime appearance, like Edinburgh, call her “Belfast 43” and release her in a “North Cape” pack, I’d probably buy her again...

Or heck, just gimme a premium Sheffield.  I’m greedy that way. 

:cap_cool:

[WOLF1]
Members
4,011 posts
9 hours ago, NATOMarksman said:

I would argue that the prevalence of radar cruisers would have mostly balanced out its unique set of consumables (as Belfast's primary unbalancing feature relies on smoke, which radar renders moot), but it's not my call.

> but belfast is unobtainable

As is Enterprise, for the time being.

But, there's lots of people who have them in their port...

[WOLF1]
Members
4,011 posts
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4040974

I made sure I bought Kutuzov before it went away once I found out. I also got Belfast from Santa crates...

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,117 posts
5,035 battles
2 hours ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Easy enough for a person who doesn't actually have a Belfast to say. I for one however disagree, and would likely be very angry with WG if they made me choose between smoke and radar.

The strength of the Belfast, and what a lot of people bought it for, was that combination of smoke, radar, and hydro at the same time. It's that combo which makes Belfast what it is, and not just a Fiji with HE. Taking one of those consumables away by making people choose would greatly change the way Belfast is used, and turn it into a ship that I and a lot of other people didn't paid for. 

Leave the Belfast alone, and instead imho release a new premium cruiser. There's plenty of choices that WG could pick, Dido, London, Sheffield, Exeter, etc. getting the RN a new cruiser should be the priority.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
459 posts
3,517 battles
20 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Easy enough for a person who doesn't actually have a Belfast to say. I for one however disagree, and would likely be very angry with WG if they made me choose between smoke and radar.

The strength of the Belfast, and what a lot of people bought it for, was that combination of smoke, radar, and hydro at the same time. It's that combo which makes Belfast what it is, and not just a Fiji with HE. Taking one of those consumables away by making people choose would greatly change the way Belfast is used, and turn it into a ship that I and a lot of other people didn't paid for. 

Well your ship is unbalanced so too damn bad. You can adapt or sell it. Not really suprising though considering your most played ship is the Kami R followed closely by the Belfast. It's always nice to enjoy having over powered ships when people can't even buy them to be on a level playing field.

Doesn't matter anyways WG doesn't touch premiums after the Wot fiasco. With the Super Pershing.

Edited by Stand_Alone97
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,665 posts
20,381 battles
4 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

I have the Belfast and Belfast captain.  I would never consider removing Jack Dunkirk in order to let Belfast ride in Belfast.

He is absolute right. It's the best captain for the Belfast.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this