Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
redblurr

Bye Bye FTR, it was fun

23 comments in this topic

Members
1,953 posts
582 battles

Kinda expectable given the amount of recent rants from him. Not a fan of him due to his attitude to ships and random rants but he is indeed a great contributor

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,441 posts
509 battles

Well, that's a sad bit of news. Never really liked SS nor his attitude towards some things, but I have to admit, his blog was always very useful. In fact, FTR was my only reliable source of WoT news, especially when it came to stuff like future updates or content. Heck, it came pretty close to being my daily newsletter. FTR was great while it lasted, although I wish that he'd keep that attitude of his in check.

• Cool 1

4,719 posts

Attitude or not, I will miss him as well. I wish Rita the best

[275]
Beta Testers
132 posts
9,882 battles

Woke up, snagged phone from bedside, got online, and FTR closing its doors is the first thing I see...

Not a great start to my day. FTR was one of the first sties I checked every day. It will be missed. 

Alpha Tester
5 posts
938 battles

His attitude could use some helping but he did bring the information in, which's great appreciated.

Members
257 posts

Kinda expectable given the amount of recent rants from him. Not a fan of him due to his attitude to ships and random rants but he is indeed a great contributor

What attitude? I only recall him saying that he doesn't believe Warships is going to be as successful as World of Tanks (not an unfair assessment) and he doesn't have a personal investment in ships in general.

Beta Testers
35 posts
90 battles

more focus on him rather then the blog... why wouldnt he be tired? anyhow all thing must pass WG lost him Long ago so all this time hes been doing it for us, so his "attitude" seems fine to me

[ZAZEN]
Alpha Tester
404 posts
8,964 battles

What attitude? 

He was unable to report on any failings of WG EU without resorting to personal insults. In my village, that is unprofessional.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,203 posts
15,770 battles

FTR replacement

Second – as promised, you won’t be left without information. I was wondering for a long time how to do this – and I opted for one thing, one person who actually has no agenda and who I actually really trust – Ritagamer. Surprised? So was I, when she showed interest. Long story short: I did put her in touch with a native Russian speaker, let’s call him “Ivan”. Ivan will help her with translations for her and she will be posting them in the same style as I used on FTR. And yes, there will still be leaks. She will also cover Armored Warfare actually, so you’ll get everything in a nice, neat package. You can find her blog here:

The replacement has no agenda? That will be a refreshing change.

What attitude? I only recall him saying that he doesn't believe Warships is going to be as successful as World of Tanks (not an unfair assessment) and he doesn't have a personal investment in ships in general.

A complete and utter hatred of Warplanes where he only posted about bad things and never the good. By his own admission he only played two matches. Warships may not do as well as tanks but it will do many times better than Planes. Planes was mismanaged in its development with a complete lack of directional focus with each patch pushing the game in a new direction. He seems have a similar but less focused hatred of Warships and doesn't post anything which I find to be a huge improvement over how he has reported on Planes.

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,461 posts
1,963 battles

A complete and utter hatred of Warplanes where he only posted about bad things and never the good. By his own admission he only played two matches. Warships may not do as well as tanks but it will do many times better than Planes. Planes was mismanaged in its development with a complete lack of directional focus with each patch pushing the game in a new direction. He seems have a similar but less focused hatred of Warships and doesn't post anything which I find to be a huge improvement over how he has reported on Planes.

There are good things about WoWP?

And I think part of that hatred stems from the mismanagement of the game.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
7,898 posts
27 battles

I never really liked the guy personally, some of his statements about the Arabs/Muslims bordered into racism, but he did an excellent job in keeping people informed about WoT.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,203 posts
15,770 battles

There are good things about WoWP?

And I think part of that hatred stems from the mismanagement of the game.

Actually there are. While time will tell the games development seems to have some focus and for the very first time the CT was extended to fix problems that were found.

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,461 posts
1,963 battles

Actually there are. While time will tell the games development seems to have some focus and for the very first time the CT was extended to fix problems that were found.

And thats taken how long to finally do?

Too long. It should've been that way since the beginning.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
35 posts
1,610 battles

He was a heck of an asset for the WoT and even the WoWp community. The biggest and perhaps ingrained issue with WG is the absolute lack of communication with the players the further you get away from the RU cluster.SS and FotR filled that gap. The WoWp NA community was just sol when it came to hearing anything about the game(gunlion did at least something to try and turn it around but it is still not even close to acceptable....still waiting on that promised developer communication stuff...:sceptic: ).

While yes he did have a bias against WoWp..it was from the absolute hamfisted way the game has been managed to this point. His bluntness may have upset a bunch of the flavor aid dinkers but hey...he called a spade and spade.

I do not know how Rita will do in filling some mighty big shoes but I wish her well.

The WoT community lost a good one today.Looking forward to seeing SS over at AW....they got a good guy.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,298 posts
6,911 battles

While he did rant a bit, I did enjoy his WG-related discussions.  I'm going to miss his posts...

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,312 posts
23,681 battles

Yep I checked out his blog every day. He is going to be missed.

[USCC]
[USCC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
331 posts
30,548 battles

I will miss him.maybe not becouse...cant say that here way nda..

Beta Testers
121 posts
132 battles

Going to miss his blog...it had a permanent tab open on my browser, and was the first thing I'd check each day (an repeatedly throughout the day).  Well, now we have Rita...so, more FTR, but more cute as well, guess that's kind of a win-win :medal:

[DISST]
1,035 posts

Warplanes was kind of hobbled from the beginning so I can see where he was coming from. Warthunder was initially a almost direct port of the Xbox game birds of steel. Wowp was a completely new development team with a competitor that had most of their work done already. Mistakes were made as a result. didn't really like the way he provided commentary on developers. Still... at least his prejudices were out there to be seen so you could take them into account.

Sign in to follow this