Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MrPolite

PSA: Nelson Discount!!!

39 comments in this topic

Members
10 posts
515 battles

Third Time's a Charm (9/14) We were already planning this discount but never posted it! Our mistake! From September 19 to September 26, Nelson will be 15% off.

If you support the above statement, upvote! If you disagree, downvote instead.

For the second anniversary, Nelson was discounted to cost just a little over 300,000 Free XP. If you believe that newer players who joined the WoWS community in the past year should get a chance to enjoy a unique tier 7 BB, upvote! I find it hard for first year players to make the sweet purchase in just 1 year through converting and earning Free XP.

Alternatively, discuss your own viewpoints.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 12

[OO7]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles

I'd probably pick it up if it was a bit off.

I am too much a fxp hoarder though to spend it on a ship I am not sure I will like ;-)

[KWF]
Members
4,032 posts
6,179 battles

Because of the Free XP conversion bonus you get the ship cheaper actually if you convert doubloons. So Nelson is already discounted.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
12,005 battles

If WG will release how Alaska will be earned, I might do that. But I'm saving up FXP in case Alaska is FXP. I have 522k and FXP is slow to earn as a PvE main.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,350 posts
17,564 battles

15% off of 1 credit?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Meh 2

[VW]
Members
3,909 posts
18,832 battles
1 hour ago, MrPolite said:

Third Time's a Charm (9/14) We were already planning this discount but never posted it! Our mistake! From September 19 to September 26, Nelson will be 15% off.

For the second anniversary, Nelson was discounted to cost just a little over 300,000 Free XP. If you believe that newer players who joined the WoWS community in the past year should get a chance to enjoy a unique tier 7 BB, upvote! I find it hard for first year players to make the sweet purchase in just 1 year through converting and earning Free XP.

Why buy tier 7 when you can get tier 9 for twice the price?

[SVF]
Members
1,538 posts
1,857 battles
1 hour ago, MrPolite said:

Where is this posted?

Members
9,126 posts
10,600 battles
2 hours ago, enderland07 said:

I am too much a fxp hoarder though to spend it on a ship I am not sure I will like ;-)

Ah, but the HMS Zombies4Lyfe is loads of fun. Almost dead? Pft, just hit repair party and voila! New ship.

• Funny 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,566 posts
25,469 battles

Got Nelson when I realized that I would not make Missouri before she was pulled. Not a bad ship, and a credit printer at that tier when played right. Nose first and load HE, stay angled, load AP if they are dumb enough to go broadside at 12 km.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,500 posts

Just earn or buy the free xp and move on, it's not like 375k shouldn't take that long once you've been playing for awhile.

Free xp ships are meant to be behind a time lock, why should they discount it?

• Meh 1

Members
922 posts
5,080 battles
1 hour ago, landcollector said:

Where is this posted?

Its not. Hes dreaming. No idea why he titled it like that.

[AAA]
Members
1,116 posts
12,372 battles
3 hours ago, enderland07 said:

I don’t know many that don’t like Nelson. It’s not really said but at t7 it’s OP especially when down tiered. I cit t5-6 cruisers with HE. You can nose in and blast he and dominate games and print credits. The AP is exceptional. If you really want to get the most out of her learn to switch ammo. And the magic heal button. Seriously it’s a fun bote!

Members
10 posts
515 battles
47 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Just earn or buy the free xp and move on, it's not like 375k shouldn't take that long once you've been playing for awhile.

Free xp ships are meant to be behind a time lock, why should they discount it?

Was discounted exactly 1 year ago (by even more!). I like the cynicism. :cap_hmm:

[-DICE]
Members
76 posts

Nelson is worth even the 375k hands down.  Offers a unique playstyle and there is nothing like it in the game.  Plus the zombie heal trolls your enemy like there is no tomorrow.  I would recommend for everyone to get it if you got free xp no matter what.

[4HIM]
Members
2,908 posts
11,210 battles
20 minutes ago, Joker6787 said:

Plus the zombie heal trolls your enemy like there is no tomorrow.

They are hard to kill no doubt.  I've done lots of damage to Nelsons in game.  So far only managed to kill one.  Nelson definitely needs a zombie camo to go along with the heal it has.  

Edited by ZARDOZ_II

[5IN]
Members
53 posts
4,605 battles
2 hours ago, enderland07 said:

I bought it for 375k which means it'll get discounted soon, don't worry!

Now there's some positive thinking. :cap_like:

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,141 posts
16 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

Still not enough of a discount to make me go full Nelson. 

:cap_cool:

Oh, you will play the Chester for all eternity for that.

[SIDE]
Members
832 posts
5,090 battles
16 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Why buy tier 7 when you can get tier 9 for twice the price?

Because some people want to play a unique battleship than just a clone of an Iowa or a Yamato.

I personally enjoy the Nelson waaaaay more than the Missouri and Mushashi, and I own all three.

Sign in to follow this