Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Vyacheslav

Who has played NavyField before?

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Alpha Tester
39 posts
50 battles

just wondered how many NF ppl are planning on playing WOWS, I used to play NF a LONG time ago about 4 years i think. anyway just curious

 

Vyach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,138
Members
3,591 posts

Yeah, a lot of people here have played NF...but i don't think a whole lot still play it. I've played it myself, but once i got forced out of Blitz matches (due to being lvl 60+) the fun vaporized pretty quick, getting oneshotted again...and again...and again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
39 posts
50 battles

lol yeah i was always a sub driver, once you were forced to surface, the BB block shots killed you instantly, unless you managed to find a cloud before your battery ran out lol\

 

Vyach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
304 posts
147 battles

5+ years former player of Navyfield. Stopped playing actively the year of 2010. Looking forward to WoWS here.  :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[DR34D]
Members
187 posts
148 battles

View PostDementedMind, on 30 December 2012 - 02:38 AM, said:

5+ years former player of Navyfield. Stopped playing actively the year of 2010. Looking forward to WoWS here.  :Smile_honoring:
That is almost exact to my NF history.  :Smile_amazed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[TF-WC]
Beta Testers
157 posts
4,932 battles

i grew bored of the grinding in just the 1st year of playing. i would think over 50% of WoWS users have had a glimps at NF gameplay. this game will blow that ancient ship game to space :Smile_izmena:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
142
[D4NCE]
Alpha Tester
524 posts
49 battles

Played a ton of NF but the end result became a very narrow playing field, I hope that doesn't happen here. Also played world of tanks since beta and world of warplanes I tried beta but had issues running it, got a new computer since though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,852
Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

I played it, but like another poster said it got really old after you got kicked out of Blitz. May be if the game was newer and everyone was leveling it would be okay, but there is just no fun in getting destroyed by higher tier battleships game after game after game with no hope of ever even getting into range to do any insignificant damage. Being a low level BB basically reduced you to AAing for other ships and scouting. I didn't mind doing that, but I felt like my team never won that much because I hurt them by taking up a BB slot for a better ship.

 

WoWs can't suffer this same fate. It will kill the game if it isn't balanced correctly. I don't want to be a Tier 1 battleship facing Tier 10 guys just praying I don't get 1 shot before I even get into range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
119 posts

View PostMadCard05, on 30 December 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

I played it, but like another poster said it got really old after you got kicked out of Blitz. May be if the game was newer and everyone was leveling it would be okay, but there is just no fun in getting destroyed by higher tier battleships game after game after game with no hope of ever even getting into range to do any insignificant damage. Being a low level BB basically reduced you to AAing for other ships and scouting. I didn't mind doing that, but I felt like my team never won that much because I hurt them by taking up a BB slot for a better ship.

WoWs can't suffer this same fate. It will kill the game if it isn't balanced correctly. I don't want to be a Tier 1 battleship facing Tier 10 guys just praying I don't get 1 shot before I even get into range.

Everybody in a high tier BB went through that stage. You just have adapt to the ship you are using... The better you adapt your gameplay to the abilities of the ship, the less frustrations.. Any battleship below BB5 is more or less useless to be honest but you have to find a way to make yourself usefull or at least earn some exp for the loooooong grind. Hardest part is to get from BB4, which is not garbage but not very good either, to BB5. Once you get to BB5 it's more fun. You can then finaly take on the big ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,138
Members
3,591 posts

View PostDrN0s, on 30 December 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

Any battleship below BB5 is more or less useless
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why the game fails. You have to grind your way through ships with which you are unable to really be effective while getting oneshotted by players in high tier ships.

I'm glad WoWs is going to get matchmaking so this won't be as much of a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,852
Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

View PostDrN0s, on 30 December 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

Everybody in a high tier BB went through that stage. You just have adapt to the ship you are using... The better you adapt your gameplay to the abilities of the ship, the less frustrations.. Any battleship below BB5 is more or less useless to be honest but you have to find a way to make yourself usefull or at least earn some exp for the loooooong grind. Hardest part is to get from BB4, which is not garbage but not very good either, to BB5. Once you get to BB5 it's more fun. You can then finaly take on the big ships.

Yea, but the game relies to heavily on the big battleships and them only. I love battleships, it's one of the reasons I started playing Navy Field, but if I want to hop into my Baltimore class cruiser and run around in a big battle I'm generally not going to be doing anything other than AAing. The opposing teams cruisers and destroyers don't number that high and rarely make it close enough to do damage without getting 1 shot by our own BBs.

The game needs more balance and game modes for those who aren't at top level yet. When the BB1 through BB5 tiers can mostly be described as "frustrating" then the game isn't where it needs to b e.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[DR34D]
Members
187 posts
148 battles

View PostJeeWeeJ, on 30 December 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why the game fails. You have to grind your way through ships with which you are unable to really be effective while getting oneshotted by players in high tier ships.

I'm glad WoWs is going to get matchmaking so this won't be as much of a problem.
ya i hated that....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,852
Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

View PostIotaOmicron, on 30 December 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

ya i hated that....

How painful was it being a low level Aircraft Carrier? You're flights, even when they vastly outnumbered the other guys in flight fighters would SHRED you with 2 or 3 guys. They made it even worse by making it a requirement to have two bomber pilots. I was able to get 1 leveled, and then they threw that in there, and I'm struggling to get the 2nd leveled, and it kills my escort carrier Bogue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
761 posts
5,299 battles

NF failed on many levels. First the No sub thing, then turning around and adding them. The issue with the subs was that they buffed them to be in the higher tier fights and well a t6 BB could not one shot the sub because of this. Also most people in the game would not help you or order you around because they felt like it.

 

there was also the issue for people starting off. the game was a play to win game and SGmoney NET loved your money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
119 posts

View PostMadCard05, on 30 December 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

How painful was it being a low level Aircraft Carrier? You're flights, even when they vastly outnumbered the other guys in flight fighters would SHRED you with 2 or 3 guys. They made it even worse by making it a requirement to have two bomber pilots. I was able to get 1 leveled, and then they threw that in there, and I'm struggling to get the 2nd leveled, and it kills my escort carrier Bogue.

You dont need to have 2 bomber pilots unless you play in a "Select mode" room. If your pilots are not boosted and extra-vetted, they are easy meal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
119 posts

View Postvampyrehntrd, on 31 December 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

there was also the issue for people starting off. the game was a play to win game and SGmoney NET loved your money.

Play to win? What game is play to lose? lol.. Did you mean pay to win? Wrong again. SDE is giving away sooo many free stuff during special events that you can EASILY BVE all your crew and still have spare consumables.. They cant fix the game properly but at least they are not stingy
Edited by DrN0s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,014 posts

Testing NF and playing it were two very different animals.  Testing was fun!  I stayed with this franchise until the game model did not evolve, and every battle was just a repeat of the one before.  the submarines faired well enough, though I never really overcame my frustration with the limited dive times.  The AA model really annoyed me, where patrols could be shot down, that otherwise in beta we petitioned otherwise.  I'm afraid they will do the same thing with aerial units--make them cannon fodder while in a latitude range, irregardless of the altitude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
197 posts
1,666 battles

View PostJeeWeeJ, on 30 December 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why the game fails. You have to grind your way through ships with which you are unable to really be effective while getting oneshotted by players in high tier ships.

I'm glad WoWs is going to get matchmaking so this won't be as much of a problem.

^^^   This.

Getting blockshot and sunk in one salvo from something you have zero chance of fighting back against was what did it for me.

I don't mind having a differential in matchups, you need those to keep things interesting.   But for all the complaints about WoT and WoWP matchmaking, it's far far superior to what you face in NF.   I really don't mind WoT/WoWP matchmaking, even when I'm outmatched or in a matchup I don't like I still feel like I can contribute in some small way if I play smarter than the other side.

I had fun with NF for a while, but that fun ran out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
296 posts
196 battles

I played the game for a good while till I stopped about 3 years ago. The Destroyer-Cruiser gamemode was crazy fun but those games with all the big battlehips and aircraft carriers was a grindfest dominated by the players with the highest tiered ships.

 

I hated that they made the New York Class an event battleship, had to spend day and night in one of the special events to unlock it. The funy thing is next month they started handing the event battleships out like little reward goodies whenever you got a new player to sign up as a premium player.

Edited by matt6767

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
761 posts
5,299 battles

View PostDrN0s, on 31 December 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

Play to win? What game is play to lose? lol.. Did you mean pay to win? Wrong again. SDE is giving away sooo many free stuff during special events that you can EASILY BVE all your crew and still have spare consumables.. They cant fix the game properly but at least they are not stingy
Meant pay to win and this was true almost 7 years ago. Drno....they did not give much stuff away during the events and even then they were too far apart no one even bothered to care. If you are a recent player...then you have zero Idea what most of us would be talking about. I stopped playing the game years ago and do not keep track of the new stuff because they have not changed the game at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×