You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Joker6787

My second Tier 10

25 comments in this topic

[-DICE]
Members
76 posts

Took advantage of the credit discount today and picked up the Republic.  What captain skills do you all use on this monster?  Post your recommended build and why.  Which free xp ship are you guys waiting for btw, Alaska or Jean Bart?

Also, how does this ship perform for you guys and girls in Ranked.  Anyway, here she is :)

republic.jpg

[CLAN]
Beta Testers
207 posts
13,878 battles

Nice! One of my favourite tier Xs. As for Jean Bart or Alaska? I’m almost at 1.5M FXP so my answer is BOTH. 

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles

One of my all time favorite ships to play, if I did not spend bunch of time grinding out Yamato legendary mod I would play it a lot more.  I happened to accidentally pick up Richelieu from a personal mission from one of the collectible crates, and then space skins came out and I just had to grab that Paris skin, so I did grind Republique for the only space skin I purchased.  But then I noticed how fun that ship was to play, it has really fun guns with awesome ballistics and reload speed, landing a lot of citadels.  Here are the captain skills I chose:

R18od7n.jpg

Priority Target, Expert Marksman, Adrenaline Rush, Superintendent, Fire Prevention, and Concealment Expert are pretty much mandatory on all my high tier BB builds.

Preventative Maintenance and Jack of All Trades are sort of Republique specific.  You only have two turrets, so I wanted to keep those in combat as much as possible, and Jack of All Trades is actually pretty good for your Engine Boost CD along with regular damage control and repair.

[-DICE]
Members
76 posts
Just now, Mik6669 said:

Nice! One of my favourite tier Xs. As for Jean Bart or Alaska? I’m almost at 1.5M FXP so my answer is BOTH. 

I like that answer.  Only thing I know is that I do not want Kronshdat.  Already, got Musashi and Nelson.  Both are great ships.

However, I will only get one for now.  This choice will be very hard as both appeal to me :0

[-DICE]
Members
76 posts
Just now, Ramsalot said:

One of my all time favorite ships to play, if I did not spend bunch of time grinding out Yamato legendary mod I would play it a lot more.  I happened to accidentally pick up Richelieu from a personal mission from one of the collectible crates, and then space skins came out and I just had to grab that Paris skin, so I did grind Republique for the only space skin I purchased.  But then I noticed how fun that ship was to play, it has really fun guns with awesome ballistics and reload speed, landing a lot of citadels.  Here are the captain skills I chose:

R18od7n.jpg

Priority Target, Expert Marksman, Adrenaline Rush, Superintendent, Fire Prevention, and Concealment Expert are pretty much mandatory on all my high tier BB builds.

Preventative Maintenance and Jack of All Trades are sort of Republique specific.  You only have two turrets, so I wanted to keep those in combat as much as possible, and Jack of All Trades is actually pretty good for your Engine Boost CD along with regular damage control and repair.

Very solid build.  Currently my captain only 10 points as I did not want to move my 14 pointer from the Alsace.  For now, what order of skills would you pick with 10 points? I went pm, ar and superintendent, not sure about the 1st 4 point skill.  Wow you got so many tier 10s!

Very cool :)

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,551 posts
33,690 battles

Republic is my most-liked BB, even more than Mo or Alsace.

Alaska/JB? JB first. Alaska I may skip as I have Kron and am not great in it.

• Cool 1

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles
7 minutes ago, Joker6787 said:

I like that answer.  Only thing I know is that I do not want Kronshdat.  Already, got Musashi and Nelson.  Both are great ships.

However, I will only get one for now.  This choice will be very hard as both appeal to me :0

Personally, I decided to grab Kronshtadt, although I really like Alaska and will probably grind fee XP for it next.  I like Moskva, and from what I read it seems I would prefer the armor scheme, firing angles, and shell arcs of Kronshtdadt when compared to Alaska.

• Cool 1

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles
13 minutes ago, Joker6787 said:

Very solid build.  Currently my captain only 10 points as I did not want to move my 14 pointer from the Alsace.  For now, what order of skills would you pick with 10 points? I went pm, ar and superintendent, not sure about the 1st 4 point skill.  Wow you got so many tier 10s!

Very cool :)

I would go for fire prevention.  Concealment Expert is vital, but it does not work all the time.  FP works all the time, the end game is saturated with fire starter ships, they just added Worcester and Harugumo, and just about every cruiser out there that has HE will shower you with fires for all eternity, and then there are special gems like Conqueror and Khabarovsk that would like a piece of your super structure to burn.  That's not even mentioning things below T10 (yes, you will have special place in your soul for occasional Kutuzov captain that really knows his ship).

[-DICE]
Members
76 posts
32 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I would go for fire prevention.  Concealment Expert is vital, but it does not work all the time.  FP works all the time, the end game is saturated with fire starter ships, they just added Worcester and Harugumo, and just about every cruiser out there that has HE will shower you with fires for all eternity, and then there are special gems like Conqueror and Khabarovsk that would like a piece of your super structure to burn.  That's not even mentioning things below T10 (yes, you will have special place in your soul for occasional Kutuzov captain that really knows his ship).

Haragumo and Worcester have a special place in hell for every bbs driver at this point.  I seen games in which the Haragumo gets 7 kills and 3k base xp.  It is totally obscene how spammy those two are. Also, despise the Conqueror as it can not be citadeled and the zombie heal nullifies all the damage done to it.  Do you feel the 8 barrel set up hinders you in comparison to other tier 10 bbs?

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles
25 minutes ago, Joker6787 said:

Haragumo and Worcester have a special place in hell for every bbs driver at this point.  I seen games in which the Haragumo gets 7 kills and 3k base xp.  It is totally obscene how spammy those two are. Also, despise the Conqueror as it can not be citadeled and the zombie heal nullifies all the damage done to it.  Do you feel the 8 barrel set up hinders you in comparison to other tier 10 bbs?

Well, of course I would have liked 4 of these turrets for 16 rifles, but...  8 is good enough when you get consistent results.

[PVE]
Members
11,226 posts
21,555 battles
1 hour ago, Joker6787 said:

Took advantage of the credit discount today and picked up the Republic.  What captain skills do you all use on this monster?  Post your recommended build and why.  Which free xp ship are you guys waiting for btw, Alaska or Jean Bart?

Also, how does this ship perform for you guys and girls in Ranked.  Anyway, here she is :)

republic.jpg

Congrat's. Republique is a great ship. Hope you enjoy it. I only play Co-op so I won't comment on builds.

Of the 2 Premiums Alaska would appeal more to me simply due to Jean Bart being all guns forward which I don't like. Probably will get both anyway as long as they are FXP as I have all the others. Have a lot of coal stockpiled too if they are offered that way.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,603 posts
19,230 battles

Modules. 

Mam1, dam1, secondary m 2, rudder, conceal, m a reload.

Captain skills pt,ar,si,bft,fp,aft so far.

Secondaries shoot out at amazing distance and scare destroyers away...

Being able to shoot out to 26 km is fun...

This is from memory, at work atm, if you can get better main gun accuracy without taking from secondaries then take that module.

[-DICE]
Members
76 posts
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Congrat's. Republique is a great ship. Hope you enjoy it. I only play Co-op so I won't comment on builds.

Of the 2 Premiums Alaska would appeal more to me simply due to Jean Bart being all guns forward which I don't like. Probably will get both anyway as long as they are FXP as I have all the others. Have a lot of coal stockpiled too if they are offered that way.

Thank you for the congrats Thunder, Alsace was a fun ship but it seemed weak next to tier 10s all the time in randoms, well at least till i scored 5 cits on a Yamato in one salvo but thats just rngjesus.  Only one game so far and 2 kills and a close quarters expert on a pesky dd, secondaries are amazing.  Leaning towards Jean Bart myself as well.  How much free xp are you sitting on Sir? (I am debating whether I should buy dubs to convert more myself.)

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
3 hours ago, Joker6787 said:

republic.jpg

First some caveats, I'm a PvE main, but I do play some PvP. Second, I'm still on Richelieu, but this captain is moving to Republic as I move up the line. I have another 10pt captain that will be permanent on Richelieu. 

*11Richelieu BB 6.6k PT, AR, BFT, AFT (FP, BoS, EM)  160.1k [Alsace]

He is almost a 12pt captain with only 6.6k to go.

I went with PT for knowing how many people are shooting at me in PvP, but I may change that to PM.

AR is for faster guns and secondaries.

BFT and AFT are to boost the AA and secondaries. I have the AA mod on Richelieu and plan to do the same for Republic. I like shooting down planes, the little annoying buggers.

FP and BoS are the next skills I'm going to add for more survivability and I may swap the order of the two.

EM will be the last for faster turning turrets. I may instead use PM & EL to keep the main guns active more and for faster ammo swaps.

I have 160.1k to go to get to Alsace, so I won't have Republic any time soon, but have planned ahead what captains will move up the lines and be my T10 captains, so that I can train them along the way.

[-DICE]
Members
76 posts
28 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Modules. 

Mam1, dam1, secondary m 2, rudder, conceal, m a reload.

Captain skills pt,ar,si,bft,fp,aft so far.

Secondaries shoot out at amazing distance and scare destroyers away...

Being able to shoot out to 26 km is fun...

This is from memory, at work atm, if you can get better main gun accuracy without taking from secondaries then take that module.

Nice build as well.  Very balanced for the abilities of the vessel.  I run my Bismarck with bft and it performs better for me even though I lost out on Superintendent.  Does relatively well even though it faces many tier10s.

First game secondaries chewed up a dd.  They did 6k damage within about 10 seconds.  He was 4km away I was extremely impressed. 

Also, no kidding the long shot accuracy seems awesome I just hope it does not overpen every cruiser as Roma.  Need more games to see how it goes.

• Cool 1

[-DICE]
Members
76 posts
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

First some caveats, I'm a PvE main, but I do play some PvP. Second, I'm still on Richelieu, but this captain is moving to Republic as I move up the line. I have another 10pt captain that will be permanent on Richelieu. 

*11Richelieu BB 6.6k PT, AR, BFT, AFT (FP, BoS, EM)  160.1k [Alsace]

He is almost a 12pt captain with only 6.6k to go.

I went with PT for knowing how many people are shooting at me in PvP, but I may change that to PM.

AR is for faster guns and secondaries.

BFT and AFT are to boost the AA and secondaries. I have the AA mod on Richelieu and plan to do the same for Republic. I like shooting down planes, the little annoying buggers.

FP and BoS are the next skills I'm going to add for more survivability and I may swap the order of the two.

EM will be the last for faster turning turrets. I may instead use PM & EL to keep the main guns active more and for faster ammo swaps.

I have 160.1k to go to get to Alsace, so I won't have Republic any time soon, but have planned ahead what captains will move up the lines and be my T10 captains, so that I can train them along the way.

Looks solid, Richelieu was a very good performer for me once I played it to its strengths.  You will enjoy the Alsace even more as you get more flexibility, the secondaries are monstery and the ship is just pure fun to play.  I like your plan to train the captain on the way.  Myself I stuck Honore in there, as less time to retrain a 10pt captain and my Alsace kept my 14 pointer.  Also, never a bad idea to get a French Dasha if you have tokens.  I myself picked one up for my future Fredrich der Grobe, as I shall go with the survival build on that one and do not want to use dubs on retraining costs.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
28 minutes ago, Joker6787 said:

Looks solid, Richelieu was a very good performer for me once I played it to its strengths.  You will enjoy the Alsace even more as you get more flexibility, the secondaries are monstery and the ship is just pure fun to play.  I like your plan to train the captain on the way.  Myself I stuck Honore in there, as less time to retrain a 10pt captain and my Alsace kept my 14 pointer.  Also, never a bad idea to get a French Dasha if you have tokens.  I myself picked one up for my future Fredrich der Grobe, as I shall go with the survival build on that one and do not want to use dubs on retraining costs.

I had Honore just sitting around on Bouganville for some dumb reason and recently put him on Lyon. Honore will be spec'd for Gascogne as that is one of my favorite ships to play in PvE. The bots will generally move into range and the pewpewpew is great. Gascogne is great in the Hermes Operation as well. I figure that T7 Lyon won't be hurt by an off spec ship as much as a higher tier BB, IFHE will help Lyon's 130mm HE secondaries anyway, but IFHE is there for Gascogne's 100mm secondaries.

10Lyon BB  20.4k  PT, EM, BFT, AFT,  (AR, IFHE, BoS) AA/Sec  Jean-Jacques {EM, AR}

I got a French Dasha (RU, UK & PA too) and she is going onto the Algerie when I get her this week. Dasha FR will then run up the line to Henri IV. I haven't spec'd her skills yet, but they should be like this.

PT, AR, DE, CE,  (AFT, SI, EM)

I just had to get Lil Fish (KM), Space Lizard (US), and Dolphin (IJN) to add to my ARP/HSF anime girls, ARP Bear, Southern Dragon and Grunting Cat weird captains. I also got Dart, the UK dude with the VR helmet for the UK DDs (early access patch 7.9 Sep 19th and full line 7.10 Oct 17th.)

Edited by Kizarvexis

[-DICE]
Members
76 posts
25 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I had Honore just sitting around on Bouganville for some dumb reason and recently put him on Lyon. Honore will be spec'd for Gascogne as that is one of my favorite ships to play in PvE. The bots will generally move into range and the pewpewpew is great. Gascogne is great in the Hermes Operation as well. I figure that T7 Lyon won't be hurt by an off spec ship as much as a higher tier BB, IFHE will help Lyon's 130mm HE secondaries anyway, but IFHE is there for Gascogne's 100mm secondaries.

10Lyon BB  20.4k  PT, EM, BFT, AFT,  (AR, IFHE, BoS) AA/Sec  Jean-Jacques {EM, AR}

I got a French Dasha (RU, UK & PA too) and she is going onto the Algerie when I get her this week. Dasha FR will then run up the line to Henri IV. I haven't spec'd her skills yet, but they should be like this.

PT, AR, DE, CE,  (AFT, SI, EM)

I just had to get Lil Fish (KM), Space Lizard (US), and Dolphin (IJN) to add to my ARP/HSF anime girls, ARP Bear, Southern Dragon and Grunting Cat weird captains. I also got Dart, the UK dude with the VR helmet for the UK DDs (early access patch 7.9 Sep 19th and full line 7.10 Oct 17th.)

Nice man it is good that we are finally able to get some 10 point captains from the store.  Your Lyon build is exactly what I ran on mine till I moved the captain as I did not have one for the Richelieu.  I had 43 kills in 34 games with that build and played the ship stock for most of it, all in randoms.  Lyon is truly a monster I must have devastated like 10 Fijis in that ship.  Gascogne looks interesting but once you get the Republic and Alsace you probably will not touch it unless just credit grinding.  Btw I am also in Florida.  Greetings from Orlando.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
4 minutes ago, Joker6787 said:

Nice man it is good that we are finally able to get some 10 point captains from the store.  Your Lyon build is exactly what I ran on mine till I moved the captain as I did not have one for the Richelieu.  I had 43 kills in 34 games with that build and played the ship stock for most of it, all in randoms.  Lyon is truly a monster I must have devastated like 10 Fijis in that ship.  Gascogne looks interesting but once you get the Republic and Alsace you probably will not touch it unless just credit grinding.  Btw I am also in Florida.  Greetings from Orlando.

Gascogne is a lot of fun, especially in PvE and Hermes. Gascogne and Richelieu are the only T8s allowed in Hermes. Gascogne has the same two turret format of the Republique, but with 380mm guns instead of the Repubs 431mm. I like Lyon for the T7 Operations as well and she and Gascogne have good AA.

With the secondary module in slot 3, BFT and AFT I have the following on Gascogne;

3x3 152mm 10.1km range and 10.8 sec reload  (when I take Gascogne into Hermes Operation and once into PvP by mistake*, I add the Sec flag for 10.6km range)

8x2 100mm 10.1km range and 3.4 sec reload

The AA is great

3x3 152mm DP 6km range 30 DPS

8x2 100mm DP 6km range 65 DPS

8x2 37mm AA 4.2km range 116 DPS

9x2 25mm AA 3.7km range 60 DPS

8x2 37mm AA 3.6km range 22 DPS

You can hurt Torp bombers, but really put the hurt onto DBs since they fly into the close range DPS. I have the Aux Guns mod in slot 1 to double the AA HP to get them to last longer. That also helps the DP guns last longer for more pewpewpew.

*I had played a few PvP battles and was going to go into Hermes. So I went to Gascogne in port and added flags and premium consumables and hit battle, forgetting that I had not changed Random to Operations. :Smile_facepalm: I did alright, for me, with 95.5k damage and two sunk.

Say Hi to the Mouse for me as I have not been there in a while. :Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
Members
11,226 posts
21,555 battles
20 hours ago, Joker6787 said:

Thank you for the congrats Thunder, Alsace was a fun ship but it seemed weak next to tier 10s all the time in randoms, well at least till i scored 5 cits on a Yamato in one salvo but thats just rngjesus.  Only one game so far and 2 kills and a close quarters expert on a pesky dd, secondaries are amazing.  Leaning towards Jean Bart myself as well.  How much free xp are you sitting on Sir? (I am debating whether I should buy dubs to convert more myself.)

Got 777,026 FXP and can convert a few hundred K more which I probably will before the discount expires (get your doubloons and convert while the 1 for 35 discount is on). Got a LOT of premium and elite ships and a lot of flags that boost XP and FXP so I can easily build 100-150K elite XP a day (plus whatever FXP goes with it) if needed. I had about 1.5Mill FXP and tons of elite at one point not too long back but have been using it as I grind all the DD lines and I used quite a bit on Capt's to boost them. 

Got 239,850 coal. Just one more crate and am over 240K again. I was up to like 275K but used some.

Alsace was one of my favorite BB's before they nerfed it into mediocrity. One of the dumbest things I have ever seen WG do was nerf Alsace. Same foolishness possessed them when nerfing Konig which they also ruined. MY highest damage game in WOWS is in the pre nerf Alsace. Haven't even come close to that kind of game again since the nerf. The guns were pretty inaccurate before but now it is really bad. Just not as much fun to play.

Republique is a lot of fun. Fast reload, amazing secondary's, excellent AA, and tough. I fully expect WG to nerf it as well at some point. God forbid a ship be good and fun. No, they all have to be boring and bad LOL.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[-DICE]
Members
76 posts
On 9/15/2018 at 4:29 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

Got 777,026 FXP and can convert a few hundred K more which I probably will before the discount expires (get your doubloons and convert while the 1 for 35 discount is on). Got a LOT of premium and elite ships and a lot of flags that boost XP and FXP so I can easily build 100-150K elite XP a day (plus whatever FXP goes with it) if needed. I had about 1.5Mill FXP and tons of elite at one point not too long back but have been using it as I grind all the DD lines and I used quite a bit on Capt's to boost them. 

Got 239,850 coal. Just one more crate and am over 240K again. I was up to like 275K but used some.

Alsace was one of my favorite BB's before they nerfed it into mediocrity. One of the dumbest things I have ever seen WG do was nerf Alsace. Same foolishness possessed them when nerfing Konig which they also ruined. MY highest damage game in WOWS is in the pre nerf Alsace. Haven't even come close to that kind of game again since the nerf. The guns were pretty inaccurate before but now it is really bad. Just not as much fun to play.

Republique is a lot of fun. Fast reload, amazing secondary's, excellent AA, and tough. I fully expect WG to nerf it as well at some point. God forbid a ship be good and fun. No, they all have to be boring and bad LOL.

The Alsace nerf was totally uncalled for the ship was fine and not op and already had 1.7 sigma.  Btw grinding credits for the Grosser Kurfust, and yes I did convert some xp.  Really did nto want to grind Fredd out after talking to my clan friends.  I shall post it once I get it.  It will be tonight.  I want to get it while the silver discount is on.  I can grind xp very easily with flags and such.  However, silver is another story as tier 9 and 10s require a substantial amount.

[PVE]
Members
11,226 posts
21,555 battles
10 hours ago, Joker6787 said:

The Alsace nerf was totally uncalled for the ship was fine and not op and already had 1.7 sigma.  Btw grinding credits for the Grosser Kurfust, and yes I did convert some xp.  Really did nto want to grind Fredd out after talking to my clan friends.  I shall post it once I get it.  It will be tonight.  I want to get it while the silver discount is on.  I can grind xp very easily with flags and such.  However, silver is another story as tier 9 and 10s require a substantial amount.

FDG wasn't that bad IMO. I actually kept it and play it now and then. I like it better than Bismarck. But I only play Co-op so...

Try grinding all your ships in Co-op like I have done. IF you think it takes time and you are always short of credits try it with the nerfed rewards of Co-op (50-60% less than PVP modes). LOL I finally got every T10 BB and Cruiser (tech tree) and was able to build my credits up. Was almost to 200 Million. Then someone brow beat me into doing DD's and now I am down around 15-30 Million all the time as it costs so much to buy and equip high tier ships.

GK is a good BB but man does it eat regular pen damage and get set on fire fast. You have a huge HP pool (105K+), which I believe is the largest in the game if memory serves me right here, but it seems to melt faster than about any other BB I have. Still like it a lot although I would have to put it at 4 out of the 5 and only ahead of Conqueror. Monty, Republique, and Yamato are a lot better IMO.

No question the nerf on Alsace was 100% uncalled for. The ship was just good and it was fun but far from OP. Might have been one of the best balanced ships in the game actually. I could not figure out why they did it either as the usual [edited] about it being too good and Op are just foolish. Then someone said it was so the Jean Bart wo0uld be better and that makes sense. They need that T9 Premium to be better than Alsace so everyone wants it and spends money and resources to get it. The only explanation as to why it needed to be nerfed that really made sense. Such a shame too. The longer reload hurts but isn't a huge blow but making an inaccurate ship even more so is just bad and really hurt it,

Oh, and I ended up jumping in and got Salem. Had a little more coal than I thought plus a 25% off coupon so I grabbed it which left me about 62K coal. So Alaska and JB better be FXP ships now or else I am going to WG HQ with my pitchfork and torch LOL.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[-DICE]
Members
76 posts
3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

FDG wasn't that bad IMO. I actually kept it and play it now and then. I like it better than Bismarck. But I only play Co-op so...

Try grinding all your ships in Co-op like I have done. IF you think it takes time and you are always short of credits try it with the nerfed rewards of Co-op (50-60% less than PVP modes). LOL I finally got every T10 BB and Cruiser (tech tree) and was able to build my credits up. Was almost to 200 Million. Then someone brow beat me into doing DD's and now I am down around 15-30 Million all the time as it costs so much to buy and equip high tier ships.

GK is a good BB but man does it eat regular pen damage and get set on fire fast. You have a huge HP pool (105K+), which I believe is the largest in the game if memory serves me right here, but it seems to melt faster than about any other BB I have. Still like it a lot although I would have to put it at 4 out of the 5 and only ahead of Conqueror. Monty, Republique, and Yamato are a lot better IMO.

No question the nerf on Alsace was 100% uncalled for. The ship was just good and it was fun but far from OP. Might have been one of the best balanced ships in the game actually. I could not figure out why they did it either as the usual [edited] about it being too good and Op are just foolish. Then someone said it was so the Jean Bart wo0uld be better and that makes sense. They need that T9 Premium to be better than Alsace so everyone wants it and spends money and resources to get it. The only explanation as to why it needed to be nerfed that really made sense. Such a shame too. The longer reload hurts but isn't a huge blow but making an inaccurate ship even more so is just bad and really hurt it,

Oh, and I ended up jumping in and got Salem. Had a little more coal than I thought plus a 25% off coupon so I grabbed it which left me about 62K coal. So Alaska and JB better be FXP ships now or else I am going to WG HQ with my pitchfork and torch LOL.

I do not enjoy co-op it is not challenging to me.  No AI can replicate human opposition.  Grinding in co-op is inferior credit wise and xp wise.  Therefore, I rather use same time to earn more credits and xp, my time is limited due to work.  However, I understand that you might enjoy co-op more.  Comes down to personal preference.

I look at the GK as the tank for your team.  You will get focused and occupy the enemy while hopefully your team will take advantage of the mayhem you cause.  I am going with the German Berserker build by Flamu to optimize survivability, ship still stock as I am waiting on module sale.  Also only got a 10 point captain in it as I hate how long it would take to retrain my 15 point German captain, so Dasha is manning me ship.  FDG in coop is great I am sure.  In random you shall receive tons and tons of HE damage and with the stock hull it would be an exercise in frustration.  I really just want to buy the ships I want while the credit sale going on.  Sitting on another 900k free xp in case a tier 9 premium free xp ship pops out that I want to jump on.

Yup the Jean Bart situation is certainly out here.  However, what concerns me about the ship is its limited health pool at I believe 69k.  Plus we all know how the deck armor handles the IFHE spam.  You will eat pens and fires so fast you might not be able to use the ship to its full potential.  They need to increase the health pool if that thing is to survive in tier 9-10 random which it will see plenty off.  I also thought about the Kronshtadt but that ship is very paper (not appealing to me as 0 historic reference) and the guns are really hit and miss.

Nice job on the Salem.  It looks fun and offers a unique experience in my opinion.  Although not far from DM, still a nice premium to have.  Although I heard they gimped the credit earning on it (probably as free through coal which is a shame but o well).  So far I am grinding through Mogami, NO, Shira, Cleveland, Farragut, Mutsuki and Iron Duke.  Hate both Iron Duke due to speed and Mogami with a passion due to the tier 10 battles.  Although I still seem to perform well with Mogami the paper armor can be frustrating.  I can put out good damage with the IFHE 155s but very few kills as have to play semi-safe (not my style).  Although already at 94k xp so it will not be long before its over.  NO is growing on me.  Initially it seemed like a pile of trash, then it did some devastating strikes on some Fijis and Yorcks and I am starting to enjoy it.  In like 8 battles I have 47k experience on it so the grind to Baltimore is full speed ahead (really want that ship as have perma camo and it looks great).

From my experience so far Montana takes it as a tier 10 bb.  Republic next as it gives me insane devastating strikes out of nowhere.  GK would be third so far.  I am really enjoying it but my damage on it is on the low end.  So far 7 battles in randoms, 6 kills but was retraining captain anyway.  Overall, it is fun to be the big moving tank and the guns have a phenomenal ooomph to them.  Love the gun sounds.

Edited by Joker6787

[PVE]
Members
11,226 posts
21,555 battles
26 minutes ago, Joker6787 said:

I do not enjoy co-op it is not challenging to me.  No AI can replicate human opposition.  Grinding in co-op is inferior credit wise and xp wise.  Therefore, I rather use same time to earn more credits and xp, my time is limited due to work.  However, I understand that you might enjoy co-op more.  Comes down to personal preference.

I look at the GK as the tank for your team.  You will get focused and occupy the enemy while hopefully your team will take advantage of the mayhem you cause.  I am going with the German Berserker build by Flamu to optimize survivability, ship still stock as I am waiting on module sale.  Also only got a 10 point captain in it as I hate how long it would take to retrain my 15 point German captain, so Dasha is manning me ship.  FDG in coop is great I am sure.  In random you shall receive tons and tons of HE damage and with the stock hull it would be an exercise in frustration.  I really just want to buy the ships I want while the credit sale going on.  Sitting on another 900k free xp in case a tier 9 premium free xp ship pops out that I want to jump on.

Yup the Jean Bart situation is certainly out here.  However, what concerns me about the ship is its limited health pool at I believe 69k.  Plus we all know how the deck armor handles the IFHE spam.  You will eat pens and fires so fast you might not be able to use the ship to its full potential.  They need to increase the health pool if that thing is to survive in tier 9-10 random which it will see plenty off.  I also thought about the Kronshtadt but that ship is very paper (not appealing to me as 0 historic reference) and the guns are really hit and miss.

Nice job on the Salem.  It looks fun and offers a unique experience in my opinion.  Although not far from DM, still a nice premium to have.  Although I heard they gimped the credit earning on it (probably as free through coal which is a shame but o well).  So far I am grinding through Mogami, NO, Shira, Cleveland, Farragut, Mutsuki and Iron Duke.  Hate both Iron Duke due to speed and Mogami with a passion due to the tier 10 battles.  Although I still seem to perform well with Mogami the paper armor can be frustrating.  I can put out good damage with the IFHE 155s but very few kills as have to play semi-safe (not my style).  Although already at 94k xp so it will not be long before its over.  NO is growing on me.  Initially it seemed like a pile of trash, then it did some devastating strikes on some Fijis and Yorcks and I am starting to enjoy it.  In like 8 battles I have 47k experience on it so the grind to Baltimore is full speed ahead (really want that ship as have perma camo and it looks great).

From my experience so far Montana takes it as a tier 10 bb.  Republic next as it gives me insane devastating strikes out of nowhere.  GK would be third so far.  I am really enjoying it but my damage on it is on the low end.  So far 7 battles in randoms, 6 kills but was retraining captain anyway.  Overall, it is fun to be the big moving tank and the guns have a phenomenal ooomph to them.  Love the gun sounds.

It's fine if Co-op isn't your thing. I would only add you have just 18 games of Co-op experience. High tier Co-op can be hard and a lot of fun (take a T10 into Co-op and get down where it is you vs a bunch of red bots and get back to me on it not being a challenge LOL). Co-op is a brawl almost every game so if you like ships like the GK Co-op allows you to play them aggressive. I actually find PVP boring and no real challenge because no one wants to scratch their pretty ship paint LOL.  The challenge for me in PVP is hitting the enemy. That is a lot harder than in Co-op for sure but is the oily thing I really find harder about PVP.  

It's just personal preference. I prefer a more arcade like fast paced game where you fight tooth and nail. For me in WOWS PVP modes are more like naval chess or hide and seek. I know for many they enjoy the challenge of outsmarting the other team which is cool. I just want to blap stuff and mix it up.

To each his own and enjoy those ships. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder