You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Fighting Fridays - Sink 'Em All!

14 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,504 posts
9,245 battles

image.png

In a single battle, have you managed to sink a ship in every existing class?

This feat requires not only requires accurate gunfire but to actively pursue and search for vessels as well.

In addition, hunting down a destroyer or the elusive aircraft carrier can prove to be the most difficult as the battle progresses.

Have you run the 'crucible' and sunk all four classes in a single battle?

"I am attacking, follow me!" - Karel Doorman, Royal Netherlands Navy

#fightingfridays

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,331 posts
17,513 battles
7 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Actually that's a misquote. What he said translates to "All ships, follow me" which isn't a much less heroic quote, but nonetheless the more accurate one. (Source)

I'm sure I've sunk all four classes a few times in a single battle over the 11k+ I've played (and probably 3k+ in test ships) but I couldn't remember any specific incidence off the top of my head.

[--K--]
Members
5,332 posts
16,759 battles

I'm sure I have a game some where in which I manage to sink a ship of each class. It was probably a lower tier game. 

But I once sank 6 ships in one Rank game; 2 Battleships, 2 Cruisers and 2 Destroyers. I had to sink this meany ships solo because my Rank team had a bad case of the Yolo's and an AFK Hindy. I won that game for the two destroyers who played well and the Minotaur who managed to survive while on low HP. Sadly the AKF Hindy and a Yolo Battleships also gained a star they didn't deserve. 

[PVE]
Members
3,798 posts
16,227 battles

Or,

OP:    "Leaders and heavy weapons forward...."

We don't see that in WoWs very often at all.........

[RNDM]
Members
369 posts
7,021 battles

Well I sort of have. I once sunk a enemy CV and a CA but accidentally torpedoed a friendly BB and the pink damage killed me too (I was playing in a Clemson I think). I also once saw a red Lexington sink a DD two CAs and a BB from my team before using torpedo bombers to scuttle themselves before I could get the kill, so you could say they sunk all four types. These probably aren't the examples you were looking for but... yeah. I've had many games where I sunk three(red) types though.

[TBW]
Members
9,769 posts
16,555 battles
43 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

image.png

This feat requires not only requires accurate gunfire but to actively pursue and search for vessels as well.

In addition, hunting down a destroyer or the elusive aircraft carrier can prove to be the most difficult as the battle progresses.

#fightingfridays

#anchorsaweigh

I don't know if I have or not, I would know, if it was an achievement.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 2

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,741 posts
12,287 battles

I've probably done it a few times, but the only memorable one was the result of a Kongo charge on "Race" with my usual partner in crime, Darrial_Book.

It was a while ago, back when tier 4's still had 4/5/6 matchmaking.

Started off south, on the eastern side of the map, dropped a brick on the gas peddle, and charged up the eastern side.

Exchanged some ineffective fire with some ships up by the North capture point, nothing much happening there.

Met a Clemson popping in and out of his smoke, up at the islands in the NE corner, dodged his torps, charged his smoke and put some 14" guns though him, got that kill.

While barreling though the Clemson's smoke, and going around the island in the NE corner and getting myself heading west along the top of the map, ran across a stationary Furutaka that was looking the wrong way,  one salvo at close range took care of that.

While heading west, ran across a Myogi, had to turn my guns around to shoot north, fired a half salvo into him, and basically stole the kill from Darrial, earning a string or profanities from Discord.

I turned my guns back around to shoot at a Russian DD that was playing peek-a-boo in the islands to the south of us as we neared the northern cap circle, I never actually got a shot at him.

The red Bogue had beached himself north of torpedo alley, both Darrial and I fired, his shots got there first and left the Bogue on low health, my rounds hit right afterwards bringing an end to the Bogue and the match. And it earned me more complaints about being a greedy bastard.

Sad thing is, I didn't have replays enabled, and that match is why I looked it up and had them enabled ever since.

Edited by SgtBeltfed
corrected spelling

[-AGW-]
Members
975 posts
12,832 battles

Certainly in operations. I'm pretty sure I've done it in randoms with Emile Bertain. Battles in T5 and below and their smaller maps would give you the best chance of stalking DDs, APing a cruiser or two, burning a BB and chasing down that last CV trying to hide. 

[NWNG]
Members
3,070 posts
4,925 battles

happened only one instance I know of, and that was in my Minekaze. Although, technically, I only had 3 kills, funny story behind it, if you care for me to tell it. The Short: Killed battleship, killed Cruiser, caused carrier to kill himself (that's where the story is), and then after a Destroyer and myself killed each other.

[FAE]
Members
2,544 posts
3,296 battles

Rarely do I get the sweet sweet nectar of blapping helpless, defenseless carriers. 

Sure 4-type kill happened in low tier though. 

[PVE]
Members
4,983 posts
22,432 battles

If it has happened I can almost guarantee it was probably in the Kuma way back before the power creep...but can't say that I actually recall any instances of it (in random anyway...have numerous times achieved it in scenario battles w/Fiji & multiple different ships in co-op just since the friendly CV bots were introduced & probably a few times w/humans needing to bring in the CVs before that).

[SQUAD]
Members
2,122 posts
12,198 battles
8 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

image.png

#fightingfridays

#anchorsaweigh

I have suggested to new awards for these feats, a couple of times

Hat Trick - sink three different class ships in one battle.
Grand Slam - sink all four classes of ship in one battle.

:D
cheers

• Cool 2

[SQUAD]
Members
2,122 posts
12,198 battles

I got a Hat Trick in my Dunkerque last year .. a DD a BB and a CV... it was an odd "run and gun" battle...  :D Getting all four would be rare... is it tracked in WG data??

• Cool 1

[SQUAD]
Members
2,122 posts
12,198 battles

Hmmm ..

Seems to me that people *have* done this, but at this point, I and others have thousands of games, and remembering individual battles is a bit much...

So... Create The Awards!  Let's here it for the Hat Trick and the Grand  Slam!!!!

@Gneisenau013 ?  Is this even a remote possibility?