You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Scharnhorst_1939

Where is PEF?

18 comments in this topic

Members
23 posts
18,264 battles

It's been weeks since we heard about her. I was really excited about this ship, but now the only ships it seems they are working on are Jean Bart, Le Terrible and British DDs.

I'm hoping that this won't end up like T61.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,030 posts
3,197 battles

Uh-oh...that sounds like a "back to the drawing board" kind of limbo...

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,030 posts
3,197 battles
19 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

Probably for the best, judging from the Flamu footage it looked pretty overpowered. 

Just going by memory, sure the guns were good but wasn't it also pretty squishy?

[PVE]
Members
983 posts
8,091 battles
4 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

Just going by memory, sure the guns were good but wasn't it also pretty squishy?

To me it sounded very unexciting. I forget who, but a CC or 2 talked about its dispersion being wonky (normal for a German BB in the game) and it being a bit squishy. Overall it sounded balanced to me, just uninteresting.

They are probably just holding it until after the RN campaign and DD release has calmed down.

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Members
1,968 posts
10,463 battles
16 minutes ago, MasterDiggs said:

To me it sounded very unexciting. I forget who, but a CC or 2 talked about its dispersion being wonky (normal for a German BB in the game) and it being a bit squishy. Overall it sounded balanced to me, just uninteresting.

They are probably just holding it until after the RN campaign and DD release has calmed down.

Yeah you don't want to release a new BB when destroyers are flooding the MM.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,095 posts
15,168 battles
28 minutes ago, santiagonarayana said:

Prinz Eitel Friedrich

Oh Yeah.... I have forgotten about that ship. Thanks!

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,499 posts
14,084 battles

After T-61 and Cossack I don't bat an eyelid at a premium taking more than 6 months to release. PEF's nowhere near that yet.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,489 posts
11,211 battles
3 minutes ago, mofton said:

After T-61 and Cossack I don't bat an eyelid at a premium taking more than 6 months to release. PEF's nowhere near that yet.

BBs arn't DDs which due to their frailty are a science in and of themselves.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,499 posts
14,084 battles
1 minute ago, Crokodone said:

BBs arn't DDs which due to their frailty are a science in and of themselves.

At least they're not carriers then...

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,489 posts
11,211 battles
6 minutes ago, mofton said:

At least they're not carriers then...

With the number of dds in game, i wouldn't be suprised of a secret dd rework down the road.

That said, WG has a tendancy of getting flamed when premiums arn't unique or overpowered. Maybe PeF wasn't unique enough? Because last i looked, she was too similar to the GC and Kongo albeit a tier higher.

In addition flamu complained about the ship being t6. If wg pulled the ship due to tier, then they could be nurfing her for t5 or buffing her for t7 due to mm ranges.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,499 posts
14,084 battles
2 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

With the number of dds in game, i wouldn't be suprised of a secret dd rework down the road.

That said, WG has a tendancy of getting flamed when premiums arn't unique or overpowered. Maybe PeF wasn't unique enough? Because last i looked, she was too similar to the GC and Kongo albeit a tier higher.

In addition flamu complained about the ship being t6. If wg pulled the ship due to tier, then they could be nurfing her for t5 or buffing her for t7 due to mm ranges.

T-61 wasn't a balance problem, she was simply in limbo for months. The version CC's showed off last November was unchanged from the version released this August. WG just sat on it. PEF could equally be sat on.

Cossack has been a nightmare, but also just sat on.

Stalingrad took from 25 March to 22 August, close at only 5 months.

PEF was only put on the dev blog on 22 June - still less than 3 months ago. The last changes seen were on 15 August when she had sigma and reload nerfs. They could change her tier, with Cossack and Z-39 they've done that more recently, but I'd be surprised.

DD numbers are generally fine and an order of magnitude above carrier numbers. Shimakaze's still the most played T10 in the game, Hakuryu's still among the least. WG could do a lot if the manage to solve the 'BB AP on DD' nonsense as they've said, and they've mooted radar adjustments. A wholescale DD rework is unlikely in my view.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,489 posts
11,211 battles
31 minutes ago, mofton said:

T-61 wasn't a balance problem, she was simply in limbo for months. The version CC's showed off last November was unchanged from the version released this August. WG just sat on it. PEF could equally be sat on.

Cossack has been a nightmare, but also just sat on.

Stalingrad took from 25 March to 22 August, close at only 5 months.

PEF was only put on the dev blog on 22 June - still less than 3 months ago. The last changes seen were on 15 August when she had sigma and reload nerfs. They could change her tier, with Cossack and Z-39 they've done that more recently, but I'd be surprised.

DD numbers are generally fine and an order of magnitude above carrier numbers. Shimakaze's still the most played T10 in the game, Hakuryu's still among the least. WG could do a lot if the manage to solve the 'BB AP on DD' nonsense as they've said, and they've mooted radar adjustments. A wholescale DD rework is unlikely in my view.

1] in those months, you dont know what wg was doing to her in their secret testing servers. Just because they released the original version didn't mean there were other versions wg thought were plausible, but not recommended or enjoyable enough to pay for or the history surrounding the ship.

2] Cossack has been in limbo because she is based on an un-released line who's balancing has yet to be finalized. The last time wg released a premium with a line [Belfast] the premium wound up not only being over powered but so unique as to render her irrelevant as a trainer.

3] Stalingrad went through ~three seperate design phases before being deemed balanced enough to enter the game; at a time when post treaty cruisers are opposed by certain portions of the community for the most dubious reasons. Of all premiums of late, you can say wg has reviewed Stalingrad the most at a time when most premiums arn't that well analyzed in contrast to their class demographics.

4] which was the point i was making. The PeF ive seen reviews of she looked like a German Kongo/GC with german aesthetics at t6; that maybe too generic and out of line with KM BBs for the premium market at a tier that sees tier 8 mm. My guess, wg is nerfing PrinzE and giving her more emphasis on secondary battery to differentiate her from GC and Kongo at t5.

5] unlike CVs, its not the numbers ailing the DD community but the huge cluster dump of consumable variety and torpedo values that is making every single DD line harder to balance. And sure, Shimakaze may be the most played dd, will the introduction of the british and Italians remedy any of her inadequateness in the present or future? 

my point is that DDs are overlapping more than any class currently. And while that is natural and should be more common game wise due to naval history, they do not factor well into WGs national flavor philosophy: powercreep. Even the pan-asian line has been strong armed by the new ijn gun boats. The French, british and Italians will exacerbate this problem to rhe extent i can see the drawing board behind a curtain somewhere.

Edited by Crokodone