Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AlcatrazNC

Spotting damage rework

13 comments in this topic

Members
3,378 posts
14,155 battles

Since the introduction or Harugumo and Worcester, I didn't really bothered playing my Shimakaze because I'm simply not rewarded for playing the ship. Sure winning a game is a cool, but if I keep gaining crap XP and no credit, I just don't know why I should bother playing this ship.

The current reward system is focused on damage, it's no surprise for anyone and some ship, like Shima sucks at getting those big number Harugumo or Gearing can do . Caps act as reward multiplier which is completely stupid considering capping 3 bases and doing poor damage will barely gives you the same reward as if you had a poor game in your CA.  So I though of a possible solution to fix that.

Reward given to player when they damage ship depend on the % of HP taken. So dealing 20k damage to DD will give better reward than dealing 60k damage to BB. Why not implement this mecanic for spotting damage ? Basically,  spotting damage is rewarded depending on the % of HP your friendly did to ennemi ship. So if your team kills a DD you spotted, you'll get as much reward as if you killed the DD.  People might see this as something broken but if all your DD are dead it's 90% of the time a guarantee defeat. I think it's fair to give to the spotter the same reward as if he killed the ship he was spotting because without him, no one would be able to kill him. And it might also reduce the amount of DD hugging the edge of maps to flank a team and torps from behind. 

Edited by AlcatrazNC
  • Cool 3

[WO0KY]
Members
4,112 posts
3,195 battles
12 minutes ago, Mothermoy said:

its a prevalent mechanic in WOT i don't understand why not here

CVs. -they have an ungodly ability to spot and would have outrageous xp. Hoping the address this after the rework

Members
1,776 posts
6,729 battles

I think the entire exp system needs a rework.

The amount of full hp BBs at the end of a losing Ranked match that end above me is grinding my gears. Three solo caps, killed a DD, isn’t appreciated by the exp system as much anymore.

• Cool 1

[CHMC]
Members
367 posts
8,807 battles

There is an extra reward for spotting, that multiplier when you win.

Seriously, scouting and capping wins games, something the shima is already decent at.

That said I agree, I am happy they implemented damage upon your scouting xp modifiers along with the ribbons but I, like you don't think it's done properly.

[TMS]
Members
3,160 posts
31,279 battles
12 minutes ago, Troa_Barton said:

Seriously, scouting and capping wins games, something the shima is already decent at.

That said I agree, I am happy they implemented damage upon your scouting xp modifiers along with the ribbons but I, like you don't think it's done properly.

The shima is no good at contesting caps against other DDs and neither is it good at keeping a cap against other DDs.

[CHMC]
Members
367 posts
8,807 battles
2 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

The shima is no good at contesting caps against other DDs and neither is it good at keeping a cap against other DDs.

Bull, use your stealth to detect the enemy DD and watch a friendly BB cleanse it with purifying AP.
If they smoke up flood the entire thing with your 15 torps, you will either hit it or scare it into the open, see step one.

[TMS]
Members
3,160 posts
31,279 battles
8 minutes ago, Troa_Barton said:

Bull, use your stealth to detect the enemy DD and watch a friendly BB cleanse it with purifying AP.
If they smoke up flood the entire thing with your 15 torps, you will either hit it or scare it into the open, see step one.

I have 5 850 shima battles under my belt you would be surprised how often there is not a BB there to shoot and funny that you didn't say cruisers helping out.

And you just made my point the shima needs support, the other DDs can take the shima on by itself and the amount of radar in the game the shima is not going to hang around trying to keep a DD spotted on the cap.

Edited by Final8ty
  • Cool 1

Members
3,378 posts
14,155 battles
30 minutes ago, Troa_Barton said:

Shima is good for the team because it can cap and scout. For the team, it's great but for the one who's playing the Shima, unless you constantly deal a lot of damage or kill potato DD dumb enough to pick a gun fight with you while you kite away, you'll earn nothing. 

If we use the current reward system, Shimakaze is only good in CB because no matter what you do, everyone will earn the same reward on a victory / lose. You can detonate or kill every single member of the red team, you will still earn 300k credit if you win and have premium account.

I saw people trying Shima in ranked, with all the radar it's not fun but when you look at the XP earned it is often bad for the task she performs. It is supposed to be great at torping, yet it has torps with garbage concealment. It's great at scouting and capping (using concealment) but at the same time the game doesn't rewards you for this. 

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[CHMC]
Members
367 posts
8,807 battles
19 hours ago, Final8ty said:

I have 5 850 shima battles under my belt you would be surprised how often there is not a BB there to shoot and funny that you didn't say cruisers helping out.

And you just made my point the shima needs support, the other DDs can take the shima on by itself and the amount of radar in the game the shima is not going to hang around trying to keep a DD spotted on the cap.

Guess I'm doing something wrong, I only have 112 games in mine but have a higher PR, Average Damage, and Average Frags.
Seeing how you brought stats into this..

If you don't want to play a ship that is designed to need support in a team oriented game then play something else silly.

Most people don't shoot at the dds and lately most of the cruisers are behind islands. It may not happen when you want it to but if you keep spotting them eventually your team will stop huffing glue and shoot them.

Would I like to see the Shima get a buff? Yeah Id like the torp detection range to be decreased a little, and it's detection lowered by 0.1. Those would both be buffs that would go towards the character of the ship and not make it viable in an arena it was never meant to occupy.

19 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Shima is good for the team because it can cap and scout. For the team, it's great but for the one who's playing the Shima, unless you constantly deal a lot of damage or kill potato DD dumb enough to pick a gun fight with you while you kite away, you'll earn nothing. 

If we use the current reward system, Shimakaze is only good in CB because no matter what you do, everyone will earn the same reward on a victory / lose. You can detonate or kill every single member of the red team, you will still earn 300k credit if you win and have premium account.

I saw people trying Shima in ranked, with all the radar it's not fun but when you look at the XP earned it is often bad for the task she performs. It is supposed to be great at torping, yet it has torps with garbage concealment. It's great at scouting and capping (using concealment) but at the same time the game doesn't rewards you for this. 

While I don't entirely disagree ranked is one of the few game modes where you can expect support from your team in a Shima. As you have said as a team player the shima is a great ship but when it comes to saving a star you're outta luck. You don't have to worry about that if you win.

The efforts of a Shima empower a team to make the right calls if they do or not is not representative of the ship. You can do everything by the book, make all the right plays and you can still lose because this is a team game.

I'm not sure why you're trying to convince me of your argument which i've already agreed to though. Spotting mechanics should be improved I agree but I somehow got involved in a conversation about balance.

[TMS]
Members
3,160 posts
31,279 battles
3 hours ago, Troa_Barton said:

Guess I'm doing something wrong, I only have 112 games in mine but have a higher PR, Average Damage, and Average Frags.
Seeing how you brought stats into this..

If you don't want to play a ship that is designed to need support in a team oriented game then play something else silly.

Most people don't shoot at the dds and lately most of the cruisers are behind islands. It may not happen when you want it to but if you keep spotting them eventually your team will stop huffing glue and shoot them.

Would I like to see the Shima get a buff? Yeah Id like the torp detection range to be decreased a little, and it's detection lowered by 0.1. Those would both be buffs that would go towards the character of the ship and not make it viable in an arena it was never meant to occupy.

While I don't entirely disagree ranked is one of the few game modes where you can expect support from your team in a Shima. As you have said as a team player the shima is a great ship but when it comes to saving a star you're outta luck. You don't have to worry about that if you win.

The efforts of a Shima empower a team to make the right calls if they do or not is not representative of the ship. You can do everything by the book, make all the right plays and you can still lose because this is a team game.

I'm not sure why you're trying to convince me of your argument which i've already agreed to though. Spotting mechanics should be improved I agree but I somehow got involved in a conversation about balance.

When i play my shima i play to win and not farm damage which can give my location away and my intentions away to flank and back cap.

I could play more aggressively to get my PR, Average Damage, and Average Frags up but then suffer your below server average 48.94% solo shima win rate and your very low 37% survivability compared to my higher 52.72% shima solo win rate and 78% survivability.

Its much harder to ensure a win if you keep dieing so clearly you are not using that stealth as good as you think you are.

And i got 4 full solo caps in a ranked battle and finished in the lower half of the team scores and about team play i have a Damage upon spotting 274 462k record in my shima so don't tell me about team play.

So i have to disagree with your opinion that if i don't play the way you are playing then i'm not a team player.

And the arrogant " If you don't want to play a ship that is designed to need support in a team oriented game then play something else silly." means you are now a member of the ignore list.

Edited by Final8ty

Members
1,925 posts
7,591 battles

The new Arms Race mode in 7.9 might change a lot of things. T8's might see less uptiering, and the Shima might end up as the biggest winner in the new mode - due to uber concealment and fast torp reloads. 

[CHMC]
Members
367 posts
8,807 battles
2 hours ago, Final8ty said:

When i play my shima i play to win and not farm damage which can give my location away and my intentions away to flank and back cap.

I could play more aggressively to get my PR, Average Damage, and Average Frags up but then suffer your below server average 48.94% solo shima win rate and your very low 37% survivability compared to my higher 52.72% shima solo win rate and 78% survivability.

Its much harder to ensure a win if you keep dieing so clearly you are not using that stealth as good as you think you are.

And i got 4 full solo caps in a ranked battle and finished in the lower half of the team scores and about team play i have a Damage upon spotting 274 462k record in my shima so don't tell me about team play.

So i have to disagree with your opinion that if i don't play the way you are playing then i'm not a team player.

And the arrogant " If you don't want to play a ship that is designed to need support in a team oriented game then play something else silly." means you are now a member of the ignore list.

Oh yay do I get a hat? Or a commemorative pin?

Had to cherry pick that data didn't you? Because if you count all the stats you have a 0.52% WR advantage, so either I'm a better team player or have better friends.

Sign in to follow this