You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Darth_Aubie

There's something I'm wondering about this game

43 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
1,143 battles

I've noticed something odd in the game. One battle I'll get good or great RNG rolls on my shots. The salvos are tight and do at leave average or good damage. In those battles my side almost always wins. In other battles my salvos are all over the place and when they do hit they do little damage. And in those battles every hit I take does at least moderate or heavy damage. Those battles are almost always losses. It's like RNG is "randomly" deciding at the start of the battle one side will do great while the other side won't. It makes the game a glorified dice game. Why have they done this to this otherwise great game? 

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[2CUTE]
Supertester
4,137 posts
4,421 battles

The game does not decide to give one team better RNG than the other.

[KILL]
Members
855 posts
10,774 battles
3 minutes ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

No, only players.

Welcome to rigged games 2018!

Edited by WES_HoundDog
  • Cool 1

Members
6 posts
1,143 battles
5 minutes ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

My observations say it does. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 3

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
4,583 battles
3 minutes ago, Darth_Aubie said:

Don't mind the crowd World of tanks has an rng dispersion factor of +25% -25% for shots fired at enemy tanks. I have not seen an evidence of an rng factor here in world of warships though. A lot goes into to it Sigma values and dispersion values. Just take a [ractice run in co-op you may just be having a bad day.

[INTEL]
Members
12,345 posts
34,254 battles
8 minutes ago, Darth_Aubie said:

Stats please. Not anecdotes

• Cool 3

Members
1,215 posts
3,177 battles

Completely seperate. Besides, if RNG was trying to throw the match away for you, your salvoes would be SO hopelessly innacurate that you wouldn't have a chance of hitting ANYTHING. Bad rolls happen on winning games too. 

[KILL]
Members
855 posts
10,774 battles
6 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Completely seperate. Besides, if RNG was trying to throw the match away for you, your salvoes would be SO hopelessly innacurate that you wouldn't have a chance of hitting ANYTHING. Bad rolls happen on winning games too. 

The game as to function inside certain guidelines. aka Dispersion radius.  But we all know a shell that doesn't go where you aim does 1/3, 1/4, 1/10th  or 0/10th that amount of damage that it should had it hit where you aimed simply by being off of the center of that dispersion circle.   Sure you can't prove anything but it's clear as day Wging fixes accounts at times.  Why do you think they say "average damage per second" for your aa guns.

Edited by WES_HoundDog
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,624 posts
19,327 battles
3 hours ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

No it gives one team better players...

Essentially giving one side a greater chance to win....

It is not a guaranteed win as I have seen them lose, sometimes badly...

Members
2,229 posts
11,347 battles
3 hours ago, Darth_Aubie said:

I've noticed something odd in the game. One battle I'll get good or great RNG rolls on my shots. The salvos are tight and do at leave average or good damage. In those battles my side almost always wins. In other battles my salvos are all over the place and when they do hit they do little damage. And in those battles every hit I take does at least moderate or heavy damage. Those battles are almost always losses. It's like RNG is "randomly" deciding at the start of the battle one side will do great while the other side won't. It makes the game a glorified dice game. Why have they done this to this otherwise great game? 

You are very new at about 500 games so it's natural to look at external sources to excuse away below avg performance. Us humans have this ego thing that makes us not slways be honest with ourselves.

That said, you made the classic blunder that defines conspiracy theorists.

You start out proposing a theory based on a loose observation but yet to be tested and peer reviewed using the scientific method, the purest method necessary to establish credibility and to demonstrate effective use of deductive reasoning skills.

Yet at the very end of your paragraph you skip all the work and declare this theory as fact moving on to asking why WG would implement this fact of yours.

This is the thought process of conspiracy theorists who take theories and make them fact. It's dangerous. Not to us, but to yourself to allow this extreme level of irrationality. By going through this disorganized and fractured exercise, you destroy all credibility and respect.

Now in the online game community that means little to nothing. But if your mind is capable of going through that thought process in something as simple as a game, it is evident that it can easily happen in your reasoning on matters outside the game. That can have catastrophic consequences in your personal and professional growth.

Something to ponder if you care enough about self improvement.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,402 posts
10,953 battles
3 minutes ago, VGLance said:

You are very new at about 500 games so it's natural to look at external sources to excuse away below avg performance. Us humans have this ego thing that makes us not slways be honest with ourselves.

That said, you made the classic blunder that defines conspiracy theorists.

You start out proposing a theory based on a loose observation but yet to be tested and peer reviewed using the scientific method, the purest method necessary to establish credibility and to demonstrate effective use of deductive reasoning skills.

Yet at the very end of your paragraph you skip all the work and declare this theory as fact moving on to asking why WG would implement this fact of yours.

This is the thought process of conspiracy theorists who take theories and make them fact. It's dangerous. Not to us, but to yourself to allow this extreme level of irrationality. By going through this disorganized and fractured exercise, you destroy all credibility and respect.

Now in the online game community that means little to nothing. But if your mind is capable of going through that thought process in something as simple as a game, it is evident that it can easily happen in your reasoning on matters outside the game. That can have catastrophic consequences in your personal and professional growth.

Something to ponder if you care enough about self improvement.

i think this is in order after reading this

ImpracticalImpoliteGallowaycow-size_rest

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
725 posts
19,371 battles
14 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

i think this is in order after reading this

ImpracticalImpoliteGallowaycow-size_rest

I was hoping for a Lance post here.  We're off to a  great start to my Friday bois!

[WOLFG]
Members
27,111 posts
7,239 battles
18 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Sure you can't prove anything but it's clear as day Wging fixes accounts at times.

Agreed. It's just like how I hit all the red lights when I'm in a hurry to get to work.

I can't prove anything, but it's pretty clear that somebody wants me to be late.....

[O7]
Members
725 posts
19,371 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Agreed. It's just like how I hit all the red lights when I'm in a hurry to get to work.

I can't prove anything, but it's pretty clear that somebody wants me to be late.....

It's like rain on your wedding day, the free ride, when you've already paid.  

Members
5,144 posts
2 minutes ago, bfk_ferlyfe said:

Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

Members
629 posts
8,837 battles
37 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Clearly you don't read anything so why waste the time trying to answer you.

I read every post in this thread, including yours, have played this game for two years, and have seen zero credible evidence of WG "fixing accounts".

When you make accusations the burden of proof is on you.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
27,111 posts
7,239 battles
13 minutes ago, bfk_ferlyfe said:

I don't worry about the black fly in my Chardonnay though, that's just extra protein, and beats a cigarette butt in your beer!

[O7]
Members
725 posts
19,371 battles
11 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I don't worry about the black fly in my Chardonnay though, that's just extra protein, and beats a cigarette butt in your beer!

I'm glad this reference didn't fall upon deaf ears.

[WOLFG]
Members
27,111 posts
7,239 battles
12 minutes ago, bfk_ferlyfe said:

I'm glad this reference didn't fall upon deaf ears.

I'm usually good at catching references.

I like throwing them out too, except when I go 70s, and everyone on ATM is under 35. 

Then I just enjoy the soothing sounds of crickets lol.

[O7]
Members
725 posts
19,371 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

I'm usually good at catching references.

I like throwing them out too, except when I go 70s, and everyone on ATM is under 35. 

Then I just enjoy the soothing sounds of crickets lol.

I got you on 90 and early 2000s all day.  Cash me outside