Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
zubalkabir

tier X BB Bourgogne

6 comments in this topic

[DOG]
Members
933 posts
10,809 battles

"My Bourgogne has a first name.  It's O-S-C-A-R..."

There is a wiki entry for a new French tier X BB.  I'm assuming it's a premium, but the entry is still missing a lot of information at this point.  From what I can see, it looks a lot like Alsace.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,080 posts
4,389 battles
13 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

"My Bourgogne has a first name.  It's O-S-C-A-R..."

There is a wiki entry for a new French tier X BB.  I'm assuming it's a premium, but the entry is still missing a lot of information at this point.  From what I can see, it looks a lot like Alsace.

It's in testing, and wont be coming any time soon. I managed to get fem to address the topic in a stream about a month ago and she had no info (or probably couldn't say). I'm praying that it is a coal or steel ship like Salem, and I'm really hoping it's not some corny reward for an impossible task

If you want it bad like me, I'd start putting away steel. 

Edit: there is/was also a Tier x french cruiser being tested

Edited by _1204_

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles

That would be hilarious if Wargaming starts selling tier-X premiums, something they said they would never do. If they do it is a sign that a full on cash grab has started. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,499 posts
14,084 battles

I'd guess another CB reward ship such as Stalingrad. With the next season of CB what will people with Stalingrad be working toward after all?

[NGA]
Members
1,968 posts
10,463 battles

My theory, until I am told otherwise, is that we may see a reshuffle of the French BB tech tree (like those that occasionally happen in WoT) that sees Jean Bart put at tier IX and sends the Alsace up to tier X. As for the French cruiser that used to be in the game files (it isn't any more), that was a testbed for the Henri IV getting the MB Reload Booster. As for the Republique if this theory pans out, I bet it would be placed in the reward category for it's distinct playstyle. As for the why, it would basically be to conform the French tech tree to a single style of combat, where in the guns are high quality with good arcs, faster RoF, etc., but lose out with shells that do lesser damage and can't overmatch.

[DOG]
Members
933 posts
10,809 battles
2 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

My theory, until I am told otherwise, is that we may see a reshuffle of the French BB tech tree (like those that occasionally happen in WoT) that sees Jean Bart put at tier IX and sends the Alsace up to tier X. As for the French cruiser that used to be in the game files (it isn't any more), that was a testbed for the Henri IV getting the MB Reload Booster. As for the Republique if this theory pans out, I bet it would be placed in the reward category for it's distinct playstyle. As for the why, it would basically be to conform the French tech tree to a single style of combat, where in the guns are high quality with good arcs, faster RoF, etc., but lose out with shells that do lesser damage and can't overmatch.

Well, that would be cool with me.  I've been grinding the Richelieu, and I've got something like 60,000 XP left to get Alsace, which was my ultimate goal.  Republique doesn't appeal to me as much, since it looks a lot like an upgraded Richelieu.  I've had a few good games in Richelieu, but I don't really like it that much.  All the main guns stuffed into only two turrets is unappealing, since I don't really like going in reverse and bow tanking.  But when I try to do anything else, I tend to find myself suddenly the closest target to 5-6 enemy ships, and end up in a YOLO situation I wasn't looking for.  I don't get a lot of use out of the speed boost.  The regular speed seems plenty fast most of the time.  With a rear facing main gun turret, the extra speed might actually be useful for kiting.

Sign in to follow this