You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IllyasvielEve

What do You Guys Consider/Think of the Future for CV's

55 comments in this topic

[ILDEU]
Members
24 posts
3,811 battles

So I've been wondering, what the future hold for CVs especially the rework. For example, new premium ideas (that you would like to see in the game) *cough* Aquila *cough*, the population of CVs, etc...
I want you guys to give your opinion, there is no wrong or right answer, just want to see what you guys think.

I just want this to be a topic to share ideas, keep criticism to where it won't bring a full blown argument to where I'll need to close this topic or have to bring a moderator.

*Don't mind the pictures of CVs, just wanted to decorate this topic.

CV2 Lexington.jpeg

USS Enterprise CV-6.jpg

IJN Shoukaku.jpeg

Italian CV Aquila.jpg

[SBS]
Members
5,231 posts

We already have several topics discussing the rework.  It seems to be somewhat of a polarizing subject.  Personally, I think we could be in for a rocky road ahead if CVs, in any form, end up being a regular in all matches.  That will require a lot of balancing well beyond just AA/CVs, and even more changing of attitudes.  Both of those tend to make a bumpy ride for everyone.

[DEPVE]
Members
191 posts
14,895 battles

If cv play becomes popular I think that either an operation or a new game mode that is cv-centered would be wonderful. Imagine four cv’s aa cls and bbs in Midway style fights. We could use very large ocean maps perhaps with a small atol. Who finds who first? Which fleet can launch coordinated multi strikes. That is real cv combat rather than a cv as part of a fleet.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,528 posts
18,716 battles

So last night while divisioned with pals I was talked into playing CV. I am pretty average in these boats, and certainly do not excel.

Finished middle of the pack in two wins and one loss, and of course in the loss..... one of our players starts going off about how I suck at CV, it was Shokaku I was playing and admittedly it was not a great showing but there were still 5 or 6 players below me on the scoreboard. The thing is, I was singled out simply because I was the CV. One of the reasons that I don't do so well with CV is the fact that a great player really needs to be able to multi task to the nth degree! and I struggle with this.

32 minutes ago, P40Thunder24 said:

So I've been wondering, what the future hold for CVs especially the rework.

From what I have seen in the Video and the stream, the new CV play will be much easier and the population will increase dramatically. This rework will even the field for most, and seems much more user friendly.

It also puts CVs more on par with other ships in terms of Alpha damage and will decrease the ability of "Unicums" to delete ships at will. It should make AA builds more viable and all ship classes will benefit.....(in my opinion).

• Cool 1

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
1 hour ago, P40Thunder24 said:

So I've been wondering, what the future hold for CVs especially the rework. For example, new premium ideas (that you would like to see in the game) *cough* Aquila *cough*, the population of CVs, etc...
I want you guys to give your opinion, there is no wrong or right answer, just want to see what you guys think.

I just want this to be a topic to share ideas, keep criticism to where it won't bring a full blown argument to where I'll need to close this topic or have to bring a moderator.

Well I like the basic idea of the CV change. BUT I do have some worries, I DO NOT want to this change drive away our current CV players. I hope that Wargaming will really, and I do mean really listen to the current CV mains and non-CV players on how to do this.

Not just to those who do not want CVs in the game or those who think that CVs should be cut back, but to ALL sides of this debate.

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
961 posts

I wish they would be removed from the game entirely.  I don't remember being under air attack when playing World of Tanks.

Edited by Seaneroo
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,502 posts
14,121 battles

What do You Guys Consider/Think of the Future for CV's

Short. Screaming. Darkness.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,855 posts

A short, sharp spike in CVs being played by people trying the new interface, either because they didn't see the previews, or because "arcade style" interests them.

Then a dramatic dropoff as players who liked the old interface, or don't like the implementation of the new interface, or generally realize they don't care for the change, stop playing carriers, eventually ending in an even lower carrier population than seen now.

WG will do what they always do, fail to acknowledge their mistake, and instead double-down by nerfing AA and buffing carriers until the game is entirely out of whack, desperately trying to get the population numbers to their own hypothetical notion of "Correct". 

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
24 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

I wish they would be removed from the game entirely.

With all due respect to the poster, I hope Wargaming NEVER does this!:Smile_honoring:

[LOU1]
Members
4,095 posts
11,445 battles
35 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

I wish they would be removed from the game entirely.  I don't remember being under air attack when playing World of Tanks.

But I bet you do remember being under attack by the equivalent WOT global reach class, artillery.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[ILDEU]
Members
24 posts
3,811 battles

Remember we don't just have to talk about the rework, you guys can also pitch in any ideas that you guys think should be known. Also think about a carrier that you would wish to see to be added in the game.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,168 posts
3,967 battles

There is an official thread for this pinned at the top. With that said, I'm encouraged. With proper adjustments CVs will finally become a core part of the game. This will make the game deeper and more enjoyable.

The hard part is that this is change, big change, and that is difficult to accept for human beings no matter how receptive or not 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,855 posts
2 minutes ago, P40Thunder24 said:

Remember we don't just have to talk about the rework, you guys can also pitch in any ideas that you guys think should be known. Also think about a carrier that you would wish to see to be added in the game.

To summarize the idea that I pitched in the sticky thread.

• Get rid of the alternative drop patterns..  Manual drops should stay, but no strange narrow cones that can't be dodged. 
  • Get rid of strafe.
  • Limit the number of TB squadrons that any carrier can deploy at once
  • Bring back the USN fighter-heavy builds, so that more carriers can do the primary job of the carrier -- stopping other aircraft. 
  • Additionally, maybe balance all nations at 5-plane flights, instead of a bunch of different numbers.
  • Ditch or dial back the "unique gameplay" and "national flavor" gimmicks such as strange torpedo drop patterns. 
  • Remove or rework AP bombs, they're currently just an RNG gimmick that trolls the user or trolls the target.

[-N-]
Members
2,156 posts
14,580 battles

If they get rid of CVs they need to bring in Submarines and PT Boats...  Just Saying, and Aerial Bombardment should be added to WOT...  Just to annoy them anyway...

• Boring 1

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
4 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Get rid of CVs entirely. I don't know why WG insists on including one "griefing" class in each of their games. 

For a game based on WW2 naval combat, how are you going to exclude the DOMINATE ship class from the war. That would be like making a video game based on the movie Jaws and removing the sharks because they grief the players. 

• Cool 2

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts

Wait and see. I will play some games when the rework comes out. If I don't like it I will take whatever CV refund (we all know it will be dubloons) is offered. Ironically, I didn't like the current system at all but I kept buying premiums hoping for a different play style I could actually enjoy. This ended up with me only playing the new T5 Bogue and Saipan when there was a plane kills mission. The micromanagement in the current iteration is untenable after about T6, at least for me, and the strafing mechanics + manual drops are hilariously OP.

There were easier way to fix the massive skill gap between newer players and unicum vets but they've decided to rip the whole thing out which is surprising. I think this was largely done for a different reason, the level of influence a CV has on a match. I expect that part to be severely diminished.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,855 posts
Just now, w4spl3g said:

Wait and see. I will play some games when the rework comes out. If I don't like it I will take whatever CV refund (we all know it will be dubloons) is offered. Ironically, I didn't like the current system at all but I kept buying premiums hoping for a different play style I could actually enjoy. This ended up with me only playing the new T5 Bogue and Saipan when there was a plane kills mission. The micromanagement in the current iteration is untenable after about T6, at least for me, and the strafing mechanics + manual drops are hilariously OP.

There were easier way to fix the massive skill gap between newer players and unicum vets but they've decided to rip the whole thing out which is surprising. I think this was largely done for a different reason, the level of influence a CV has on a match. I expect that part to be severely diminished.

And never mind that players who want to be really good at the new interface will be the new carrier gods, and the "skill gap" won't go away.

[ILDEU]
Members
24 posts
3,811 battles
14 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Get rid of CVs entirely. I don't know why WG insists on including one "griefing" class in each of their games. 

Well it isn't going to be much of a "griefing" class after the rework (hopefully), but you shouldn't exclude an innovative class that changed naval warfare.

Members
2,633 posts
4,251 battles

I predict the CV population doubling at the very least.  We'll see a bigger spike around release of course,  but after the dust settles I suspect we'll have a much higher CV population.  The trick is RETAINING that population,  which is why the RN CV line will need to be released shortly thereafter,  with more lines promised in the future.  CV's have been static for lines for literally years now and new lines often attract people to a new ship class.  If they can get a second CV line out after the RN CV line in relatively good time then CV's have a good chance of being a more regular occurrence.  

Whatever else this rework does,  it will make the class easier to play and people like easy.  

[ILDEU]
Members
24 posts
3,811 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

And never mind that players who want to be really good at the new interface will be the new carrier gods, and the "skill gap" won't go away.

The skill gap aspect between CV v. CV is going to be nonexistent due to the fact that they're pushing the idea of air v. ship without CV players defending their fleet, but their only way of defending the fleet is going to be relying on the AI fighters which is apparently going to be a consumable which brings fighters to a sector but only that sector (that's what I think).