You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SternBonk

Why are BB's in ranked so crap, and always end up on my team

26 comments in this topic

[PEEDZ]
Members
978 posts
7,824 battles

I always play a DD in ranked because I know I am a crapBB player. I'm a good player in a DD and always play for the team and do whatever I can in a DD. However, the BBs that end up on my team are literally the definition of crap. They cant aim, show broadside to other BB's, and charge in like stupid players who dont know there is an S button to slow down. I mean like seriously. It's because of these crapBB players that I havent been able to get more than 2 stars in rank 10. As a DD I always spot the other DDs and end up killing them. I spot the enemy ships all the time, but my team always sucks.

I'm not asking for much tbh. if you suck in a ship type then dont [edited]play it in ranked you [edited]morons.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 19

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,084 posts
4,445 battles
11 minutes ago, lungiwear said:

Yeah you can downvote this post all you want, but it's the truth and the crap BB players know it.

Creating more posts isnt exactly going to help your cause

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,371 posts
13,893 battles

Plus - the OP found a new way to complain about the MM.

Minus - this is not going to end well.

tumblr_n4ubivzRmB1ssnqqgo1_400.gif

[GRETA]
[GRETA]
Members
580 posts
16,768 battles

Just be good at everything, so MM can never screw you over.

Give BBs a try, takes a lot of patience, but definitely rewarding good aim. 

Members
636 posts
7,729 battles
1 hour ago, lungiwear said:

However, the BBs that end up on my team are literally the definition of crap. They cant aim, show broadside to other BB's, and charge in like stupid players who dont know there is an S button to slow down. I mean like seriously. 

Because it's pretty common knowledge that the worst of the player base flocks to the bb class. 

Members
402 posts
3,961 battles

OP, perhaps Ranked is where players who never play BB's decide to give them a go and MM decides you need them on your team. I mean they wouldn't want to tank their Random WR, right!? :cap_haloween:

In my case in regards to Ranked so far this season (as a BB main), I've been teamed with what have clearly been NOOB DD players via MM.

See what I did there. It goes both ways.

I have played 30 battles in Ranked: (2) in T8 Cruisers (1-1), (4) in T8 BB's (Amagi 4-0), and (24) battles in my T10 Republique exclusively (14-10). I have placed in the top 3 time and time again, middle of the pack a handful of times, and only once was I dead last, and that was a horrible 15k damage battle where I was deleted by a flanking Shima that was never spotted the entire battle.

So, where do we go from here?

In any case, good luck with your Ranked Season. Cheers!

[RKLES]
Members
12,246 posts
13,897 battles

I carried my way out of Rank 10 and its MM and got my self up to Rank 6 so far.

Although I do have good Torps I like using...

644918EF-AC72-48E6-BBA5-BE8ABEAA268C.jpeg.28dccf3f7ac6550786c6828d6dee7fb0.jpeg

[EBOY]
WoWS Community Contributors
174 posts

If all BBs are crap.. then both teams should have equally bad BBs... so it should even out right? :cap_yes:

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
1 hour ago, lungiwear said:

I always play a DD in ranked because I know I am a crapBB player. I'm a good player in a DD and always play for the team and do whatever I can in a DD. However, the BBs that end up on my team are literally the definition of crap. They cant aim, show broadside to other BB's, and charge in like stupid players who dont know there is an S button to slow down. I mean like seriously. It's because of these crapBB players that I havent been able to get more than 2 stars in rank 10. As a DD I always spot the other DDs and end up killing them. I spot the enemy ships all the time, but my team always sucks.

I'm not asking for much tbh. if you suck in a ship type then don't play it in ranked you morons.

For what it's worth, if you haven't gotten past rank 10 at this point and are serious about wanting to push for rank 1, it seems to me that it gets tougher.  I'm around the same rank as you, somewhere in rank 11.  I've made it to rank 10, but honestly, I usually bail out at rank 10, so I feel no serious pressure to move on.  But I have noticed that the players in this league of ranked now are significantly less talented than they were when I first got to rank 10.  There are a lot more potatoes now than earlier.  

IMO, if one is serious about wanting to try to rank out in Ranked Battles, it's best to try to push ahead ASAP so that you have the benefit of playing with the better players as they are also pushing ahead, rather than waiting too long and having to try to push ahead with less skilled, less reliable players.

[UEFN]
Members
1,283 posts
21,665 battles

I have seen more trash DD in ranked 5~2 than cruisers or BB, majority of the DD died in less than 5min and they're the liability, especially the Harugumo.

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
5 minutes ago, TheBirb said:

If all BBs are crap.. then both teams should have equally bad BBs... so it should even out right? :cap_yes:

There is some truth to this.  But even if all of the BB players are not that talented, people do occasionally have decent games.  The problem is that better players are more reliably consistent in their performance, while lesser players are less reliable in their performance.  Of course, if they're really bad, then they may be reliable … reliably bad.

Members
402 posts
3,961 battles
15 minutes ago, TheBirb said:

logic...applied...hurts

tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

• Cool 1

[SHEEP]
Members
216 posts
4,319 battles

Bad bbs are fine, it means no one is competitive against me in star saving, the problem is when you have a high powered team and someone get caught out and everyone scrambled to star save

Members
3,010 posts
10,189 battles
32 minutes ago, TheBirb said:

Pretty much this.

However, and I can only speak for myself, but when such a problem presents itself I look at the common denominator. Last season that was me, so after only a few Tier 10 ranked matches I decided to bow out, regroup, play a lot more randoms at Tier 10 and make myself better.

This season is going a lot better as I have over a 68% w/r, granted only 26 games played, but at Tier 10 in my Montana, I'm at 65% with an average of 84k damage per (not the best, but not the worse). Though yesterday I did have a 183k damage output with a 3.2 million potential in a heavy brawling match, that was fun.

Perhaps the OP should look inward first before seeking other possibilities of what could be wrong. Not saying it is him for sure, but saying "every BB that is horrible is always on my team", is such an over exaggeration that fisherman even roll their eyes. 

Members
5,128 posts
9,482 battles

Of course same can be said of crap DD, CA, and CV players with plenty of examples.  Naturally - the OP only points out the BBs...

[WOLFG]
Members
27,162 posts
7,261 battles
1 hour ago, TheBirb said:

Lol you would think....

But nobody that complains apparently does.

Members
855 posts
4,082 battles

This is a simple concept. Its called "save a star" syndrome. Once people get enough games in ranked they soon realize the best chance to advance is by saving a star on losses. You soon figure out that BBs almost always save a star due to the sheer fact they can tank more damage and cause more damage, hence they can farm xp the best. This means people that normally don't play BB a'lot in randoms will take the dive and play them in ranked to try to play save a star. 

And the best thing about all this is no matter what rank you are you won't escape it. 

[PEEDZ]
Members
978 posts
7,824 battles

Great to know some of the insights. 

And yes I do know there are crap DDs and Cruisers too. Heck sometimes I die within the first 5 minutes as a DD because of radar (and yes I do take the blame for being a crapDD in that game) but most of the games I outlast the radars and be useful to my team. The problem with being a DD is that I always play for the team spotting and providing smoke, cutting line of sight so that ships on my team can fire with ease. I never play with the "save a star mentality". 

And my OP is literally more about picking the ship in which you know you are good instead of just trying out new ships and see where it goes. I used the crap BB's as an example of bad players just charging in and dying thinking its some other class type and also because literally good BB's can swing the outcome of the match, but most of the time BB's on my side show broadside and sail in a straight line and that's what peeves me. and of course no one listens in ranked so its like im trying to give them advice but nope I'm gonna show broadside and die man.

[RST]
Members
181 posts
22,514 battles

The same can be said for DDs. I have had good games with both and the bad games. I play a cruiser Majority of the time and a mix of good and bad players. Admitting there are times where I flub the play due to over extending. 

[REVY]
Members
6,456 posts
5,168 battles
3 hours ago, lungiwear said:

I'm not asking for much tbh. if you suck in a ship type then dont [edited]play it in ranked you [edited]morons.

Yeah, your not asking much, your just ordering a huge portion of the player base to stay out of your precious game...

il_fullxfull.833027057_3kx0.jpg?version=

• Cool 1