You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bubbleboy264

Took 15k DMG in 1 BB salvo from 20km away in a DD, HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE

201 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
446 posts
6,610 battles

I can’t take this anymore being deleted from across the map out of nowhere in tiny DDs. Something needs to be done this shouldn’t be possible.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 16

Members
182 posts
2,612 battles

It's literally impossible unless you were moving at the same speed and direction for long enough for the shells to hit. 

I recommend not doing that.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF4]
Members
446 posts
6,610 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Kylere said:

It's literally impossible unless you were moving at the same speed and direction for long enough for the shells to hit. 

I recommend not doing that.

I WASNT I WAS TURNING AWAY CAUSE I HAD BEEN RADARED BY A DAMN WOOSTER WHO POPPED OUT OF NOWHERE SO I WAS TURNING TO DODGE HIS HE SPAM WHEN THESE LASER NUKE SHELLS COME FLYING AND BLAP ME FOR 15K HEALTH. WHAT COULD I DO ITS SO UNFAIR 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Meh 3

[WOLF4]
Members
446 posts
6,610 battles
3 minutes ago, Robinhood_ said:

Yeah that happens when you don't move.

I WAS MOVING FULL SPEED AND TURNING AWAY [edited]

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
2 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

I WASNT I WAS TURNING AWAY CAUSE I HAD BEEN RADARED BY A DAMN WOOSTER WHO POPPED OUT OF NOWHERE SO I WAS TURNING TO DODGE HIS HE SPAM WHEN THESE LASER NUKE SHELLS COME FLYING AND BLAP ME FOR 15K HEALTH. WHAT COULD I DO ITS SO UNFAIR 

Cause what? What's the cause? Why the bleep are people so lazy that they can't type it out properly?  BEcause!!!

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
3 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

It wasn't strictly a case of accuracy.  It was also extreme RNG that put all the shells in that small a space.  You really need to stop whining about every little thing, just accept that ship happens every so often, and move on to the next battle.  Getting all wound up over a case of extreme RNG is just not healthy.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 2

[-VT3-]
Members
1,853 posts
3,584 battles

1: Your turn was evidently predictable enough for the battleship to extrapolate your turn and estimate your position.

2: You were turning away.  The shells entered the stern of your ship, and therefore didn't overpen.

3: You may have cone under fire from multiple sources, or he got lucky on dispersion.

4: Git gud, and don't suck. XD

Edited by DerKrampus
  • Cool 3
  • Meh 4

[WOLF4]
Members
446 posts
6,610 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

It wasn't strictly a case of accuracy.  It was also extreme RNG that put all the shells in that small a space.  You really need to stop whining about every little thing, just accept that ship happens every so often, and move on to the next battle.  Getting all wound up over a case of extreme RNG is just not healthy.

Yeah, and that still should NEVER HAPPEN. It’s ridiculous. BB AP against DDs is just BROKEN COMPLETELY. I’m sick of it

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 6

[WOLF4]
Members
446 posts
6,610 battles
1 minute ago, DerKrampus said:

1: Your turn was evidently predictable enough for the battleship to extrapolate your turn and estimate your position.

2: You were turning away.  The shells entered the stern of your ship, and therefore didn't overpen.

3: You may have cone under fire from multiple sources, or he got lucky on dispersion.

4: Git gud, and don't suck. XD

Oh [edited] off with that git gud crap. I’m a good player check my stats if you don’t believe me. What else was I supposed to do either I got deleted by the Wooster or deleted by a damn BB FROM 20 KM AWAY. ITS ABSURD. BB AP SHOULDNT FULLY ARM AGAINST DDS EVER NO MATTER THE ANGLE HOW HARD CAN THAT BE TO HARD CODE INTO THE GAME

• Cool 2
  • Meh 5

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

A classic case of double-dipping, a battleship shell (in this case, probably 3 of them) exploding twice, and apologists twisting it around to shame and blame the target for a glitch in the game code that allows battleship shells to break causality by exploding twice.

The detailed results screen showing damage taken would help demonstrate this. I bet there were only 3, maybe 4 actual AP hits.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 4

[HKC]
Members
566 posts

Yeah, and that still should NEVER HAPPEN.

Based on what ?   It should happen rarely, as it is the extreme end of the spectrum.  I may never happen to you again.

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
446 posts
6,610 battles
2 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

A classic case of double-dipping, a battleship shell (in this case, probably 3 of them) exploding twice, and apologists twisting it around to shame and blame the target for a glitch in the game code that allows battleship shells to break causality by exploding twice.

The detailed results screen showing damage taken would help demonstrate this. I bet there were only 3, maybe 4 actual AP hits.

I hate that so much. It’s broken, how have they not fixed this crap yet it’s absurd

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

Members
182 posts
2,612 battles

You really want to disable BB's against DD's because you got blotted? Seriously?

Sure, and DD Torps should not fully arm against BB's because reasons of I may have been torped once. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[AK-47]
Members
274 posts
7,049 battles

I kind of feel this issue is caused by both BB AP can pen DD and there are a lot of radars in the game(also feel you are a bit unlucky get caught by radar ship and also eats BB salvo from that range.......).

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
5 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Yeah, and that still should NEVER HAPPEN. It’s ridiculous. BB AP against DDs is just BROKEN COMPLETELY. I’m sick of it

And I'm sick of all the whining.  Yes, the double dipping damage of full pen damage plus overpen damage on some BB AP hits to DDs is over the top. But even without that, I think that people like you would STILL whine about taking just full penetration damage.  You guys won't be happy until DDs are friggin' invulnerable to any AP shells.

Enough already with the whining.  

• Cool 4
  • Meh 2

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,356 posts
4,739 battles
4 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Why not?  Explain, rationally, why it should never happen, as opposed to just being extremely unlikely?

Why is it broken?  DDs dev strike cruisers, their supposed predator, regularly.  Why should DDs be immune?

• Cool 2

[KWF]
Members
4,019 posts
6,169 battles

In the OP's defence, aside from priority target showing he was locked, due to the viewing range he would have been unable to see the shells fired.

[HKC]
Members
566 posts
3 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Oh [edited] off with that git gud crap. I’m a good player check my stats if you don’t believe me. What else was I supposed to do either I got deleted by the Wooster or deleted by a damn BB FROM 20 KM AWAY. ITS ABSURD. BB AP SHOULDNT FULLY ARM AGAINST DDS EVER NO MATTER THE ANGLE HOW HARD CAN THAT BE TO HARD CODE INTO THE GAME

1. It is an arcade game, not a model of reality.

2  In real life terrible things would happen to a DD hit by multiple 16 inch gun rounds, even if they did't explode.  ("Its cool, Captain: they all simply went through the ship.. carry on...")

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
Members
446 posts
6,610 battles
Just now, Captain_Kylere said:

You really want to disable BB's against DD's because you got blotted? Seriously?

Sure, and DD Torps should not fully arm against BB's because reasons of I may have been torped once. 

Did I ever say that at all. Wow your dumb you can’t even read a 3 sentence post properly. I said B.B. AP should only over pen against DDs and that it shouldn’t double dip, not that BBs shouldn’t be able to damage DDs at all. Love how you twist everything I say around to serve your agenda

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

I hate that so much. It’s broken, how have they not fixed this crap yet it’s absurd

You have that results screen? I'd like to prove to these people that you're not just complaining about being sunk, but that there's an actual problem being demonstrated here.

• Cool 1

Members
182 posts
2,612 battles
Just now, bubbleboy264 said:

Did I ever say that at all. Wow your dumb you can’t even read a 3 sentence post properly. I said B.B. AP should only over pen against DDs and that it shouldn’t double dip, not that BBs shouldn’t be able to damage DDs at all. Love how you twist everything I say around to serve your agenda

You cannot even type basic sentences in your primary language and you are calling me dumb?

Welcome to ignore,  whiny snowflakes deserve to be blotted. 

• Cool 4
  • Meh 2

Members
2,754 posts
14,764 battles

You were the unfortunate recipient of someone else's good luck. It happens.  Every once in a while I delete DDs first shot with my BBs. How? Well, all you need to do is watch the DD moving away and wait till it changes directions. Fire a full round just to the left or right (depending on where it's turning), keeping in mind that when ships turn they slow down. Sometimes the timing is perfect and you hit the cit the DD broadside.  Note: It happens more often with my British BBs (HE). 

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
Members
446 posts
6,610 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

And I'm sick of all the whining.  Yes, the double dipping damage of full pen damage plus overpen damage on some BB AP hits to DDs is over the top. But even without that, I think that people like you would STILL whine about taking just full penetration damage.  You guys won't be happy until DDs are friggin' invulnerable to any AP shells.

Enough already with the whining.  

“Whining”. I hate when people constantly say this to dismiss an argument. I’m not whining, I’m angry that this keeps happening. AND I SAID MANY TIMES I JUST DONT WANT FULL PENS, over pens are fine I never said DDs SHOULD BE “IMMUNE” TO AP SHELLS, god you are dumb