Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HawkeFeathers

Black Swan - Changed AP to HE

13 comments in this topic

[USCC]
Members
22 posts
12,678 battles

Well I sure miss the AP guns on the Black Swan. I pulled her out for a "Just for Fun" game yesterday and found she's been nerfed in the last month or so. Used to have the highest caliber AP(and maybe only) shell in Tier I. I got 18 citadels in a game once with her. So Im now researching for her replacement in the "Just for Fun" category of mine. Im finding the whole tier may have been altered. I need to read more on the updates info I guess.

Frustrating to have something changed after you have learned its characteristics but it does keep the game interesting and motivating to research and compare ships again.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,257 posts
5,135 battles

Yes, what used to be the "pew pew pew" queen is now just a "padoink padoink" ho hum in a sea of lackluster whatever's... 

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,114 posts
4,179 battles

Well she was basically the strongest ship tier-for-tier in the entire game, so it was nerfed for balance reasons

[PVE]
Members
2,340 posts
19,714 battles
1 hour ago, HawkeFeathers said:

Well I sure miss the AP guns on the Black Swan. I pulled her out for a "Just for Fun" game yesterday and found she's been nerfed in the last month or so. Used to have the highest caliber AP(and maybe only) shell in Tier I. I got 18 citadels in a game once with her. So Im now researching for her replacement in the "Just for Fun" category of mine. Im finding the whole tier may have been altered. I need to read more on the updates info I guess.

Frustrating to have something changed after you have learned its characteristics but it does keep the game interesting and motivating to research and compare ships again.

No...just the Black Swan was changed last update.

I ran a couple battles w/it when I turned pink on the PT (just for LOLs & because it was always my go to ship for when I turned pink & I haven't been pink on regular server in over a year so I missed my little [edited]) & I got 9 cits in it w/the HE shells (mostly on other BSes but also on a couple other ships as well occasionally).

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
684 posts
5,939 battles

Only the Black Swan was changed last patch. 

She was a seal clubbers dream at that tier and was changed to make the tier more even. 

[USCC]
Members
22 posts
12,678 battles

After some research and comparison of the Tier I ships, I must agree they are all pretty close.  However, the Black Swan is a far cry from the stand out citadel cruncher it was  and now in fact is near bottom in having the characteristics I like. Its the slowest reload speed and least damage delivered. 

My selection for a "Tier I Toy" has changed.

This is not a complaint, more of a sigh for a lost tool(AP on Tier I) I appreciate WG's efforts to keep things fresh. 

Members
3 posts
5,737 battles
On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:13 AM, HawkeFeathers said:

After some research and comparison of the Tier I ships, I must agree they are all pretty close.  However, the Black Swan is a far cry from the stand out citadel cruncher it was  and now in fact is near bottom in having the characteristics I like. Its the slowest reload speed and least damage delivered. 

My selection for a "Tier I Toy" has changed.

This is not a complaint, more of a sigh for a lost tool(AP on Tier I) I appreciate WG's efforts to keep things fresh. 

So what is your new just for fun gunner boat?   I'm pissed that hey screwed my Swan!!!  just practiced citadels and incaps….dammit!

Edited by farragut_marksman

Members
35 posts
5,877 battles
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:00 PM, _greifer_Africanus said:

Only the Black Swan was changed last patch. 

She was a seal clubbers dream at that tier and was changed to make the tier more even.  

Well, you hit the jackpot saying she was a seal clubbers dream. I loved the AP on her. (I mean, not that I was a seal clubber. I used her to get points to make repairs to my higher tier ships w/o losing much coin. but yes, some will still call me a seal clubber, although I am only a mediocre player on here. I am so mediocre, I stay out of random battles & only play COOP, I'm THAT bad.) Then didn't play her for a very long time as I moved up the tiers, & then, just like everyone else, I came back to her one day, to do the "just for fun" thing, only to find her, well, to put it like this.... "Everyone who participates gets a trophy".

Another player said that when she was AP, he got 18 citadels. I probably racked up just as many, not sure...wish they had a running count on that as well, but wouldn't matter now, since she has been nerfed. But I am still getting cits with HE, because I use my scope, find the "sweet spot" on a red, and then just hit, hit, hit...if you are close enuff, HEs will pierce armor, & score you some Cit points. but regardless of how I have had to adjust my Black Swan play strategy, I still miss the OLD Black Swan with her AP.

Oh, & one last point I almost forgot about....if the ORIGINAL REAL LIFE Black Swan had AP on her, & this gaming site is SUPPOSED to be HISTORICALLY ACCURATE....WHY change the shells from AP to HE?...I mean...other than the obvious that we all already know about...to level the advantage...I mean...with HE...isn't the Swan just a fantasy ship now....Hell...yall wanna change stuff up...lets start arming the T10 ships with tactical nukes...because I have gone through the entire catalogue of all the countries T10 ships....and a lot of what yall have listed for gameplay was built AFTER WW2, & during the cold war...Jus keepin it real, war brothers & sisters. Oh, & one last thing (Thanks, Columbo...LOL)….speaking of arming tactical nukes on ships, when is WOW or Wargaming ever going to come out with a "Cold War" edition...& I mean, not just as an extension to THIS game...I mean a totally stand alone on its own Cold war naval strategy. That would be a good one. The only road block I see is we wouldn't be able to have the most recent ships as T10's, due to security info that has not been released to the public, & probably wont be until about 40 years from now when todays fleets are finally aged.

Edited by James_PNut_B

Sign in to follow this