You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mahrs

XVM Prevalence

XVM Prevalence   

98 members have voted

1. 1. Do you, or a DIV mate, sail with XVM?

• Yes, don’t leave port without it.
    • No, it’s not good for my play or the game.
    • Bacon.
  2. 2. Have you encountered XVM users in the past two weeks?

• Yes, once or twice.
    • Yes, several times.
    • No.
    • More bacon.

72 comments in this topic

Members
1,592 posts
4,366 battles

I have had several XVM user run ins lately.  The two that stand out to me are one in my New Orleans (on two brothers) and on last night in my Fujin on New Dawn.  

Feel free to take a look at my NO stats...rocking a sweet <45% WR...might have been 41% at the time. I actually like the ship, wreck people in it...just cannot get my teams the win. I had a match where I expressed some happiness that it was Tier VII for a change because I might be able to carry a win.   Someone on my team remarked on my WR in the ship in a casual and joking fashion in response. No biggie, just banter, but clearly an XVM user. 

Yesterday, I sailed Fujin in one of the worst blow outs I’ve ever seen.  I’m not a good Fujin captain by any stretch, just a strong ship. I typed in game chat “holy crap, I thought the weekend was over” when it was down to the CV and me (against 9 or 10 of them). One of the red teamers clarified my point when someone expressed confusion.  Red Team then amplified - “we’ll, just look at the team, you all never stood a chance.” Clearly another XVM user.

I’m curious as to prevalence and impact.

Edited by Mahrs
  • Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
124 posts
13,396 battles

Had a match this weekend where a couple of players in a Div started whining at the outset that "Their win rate is 60% and ours is 48%, this will be a disaster." blah, blah, blah... Couldn't get them to shut up about it for the first 5 minutes.  At the end of the game, which we won handily, those two were at the bottom of the results list.  Seems maybe they were drinking their own Kool-Aid....

NT

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
3,591 posts
3,816 battles
Just now, CAPTMUDDXX said:

This XVM stuff is garbage and should be banned!

Can't really do that, easily can use a 3rd party site to grab the stats from WG and put them together for a match. Not WG's software, not a whole they could do about it other than hiding everyones stats.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[BTLST]
Members
570 posts
8,495 battles

Please enlighten me =  What is XVM?     Whenever using initials one should first spell it out, for instance    To Be Determined (TBD) then everyone knows exactly what you are saying from that point on.    I enjoy reading the players input in the forum but often don't have a luce what is being discussed because of this practice.

• Cool 1

[AP]
Members
1,297 posts
16,277 battles
2 minutes ago, dbw86 said:

Please enlighten me =  What is XVM?     Whenever using initials one should first spell it out, for instance    To Be Determined (TBD) then everyone knows exactly what you are saying from that point on.    I enjoy reading the players input in the forum but often don't have a luce what is being discussed because of this practice.

XVM is a world of tank mod that gives you stats of all enemy and opponents on the same page

currently there are 3 kinds of WOWS programs that does this(RAA, MMM, stats plus, unless there's one that ive never heard of), people just still use XVM to refer to them

[TBW]
Members
9,825 posts
16,590 battles

I have never seen xvm taunting happen, is it really a problem? Granted I don't spend much time reading Battle chat.

Members
1,402 posts
23,070 battles

If you don't want your stats accessed, then make them private.

If you don't mind your stats accessed, then keep them public.

Asking for a ban of 3rd party programs like this is the poster-child definition of moronic.

Each user may ALREADY decide if s/he wants stats accessed.

> For clans that require stats accessible.... well, you just have to decide whether privacy or community is more important.... AGAIN, a choice for each player without asking for such bans.

• Cool 3

[BTLST]
Members
570 posts
8,495 battles

THANKS for the responses.    I'm always trying to learn more about our game and obviously have a great deal more to learn.    I really enjoy playing the game, though occasionally get teamed up with some unpleasant people and have to really bit my tongue to remain quiet.     

Members
402 posts
3,961 battles

I don't use it myself, or even know how to get it. Don't Division with players who have it, nor do I ask players I'm teamed with if they run it.

Pretty sure if I ran it, it would simply confirm what I've come to believe (no longer suspect at this point) all along, and that is WG/ MM teams me with the worst of the worst, repeatedly.

I voted: BACON!!! :cap_win:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[AP]
Members
1,297 posts
16,277 battles
4 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I have never seen xvm taunting happen, is it really a problem? Granted I don't spend much time reading Battle chat.

neither have i

i guess that person just blames all the insults he get from screwing his teams over to XVM mods

[DFNT]
Members
189 posts
4,603 battles

I wish it didn't exist. There's nothing more distracting than being chastised in chat for having a mediocre WR when you're the last ship afloat dealing with multiple red ships. It's happened to me twice, and both players who called me out were >60% players. You'd think they would understand they are better than most of the players on the server. 

[SYN]
Members
5,811 posts
13,224 battles

It's one of the main reasons why I stopped playing WoT.

"Wah, 48% chance.  I'm out.", the endless sh_t slinging (not directed to me but you get sick of seeing it nonetheless), et al...

XVM is poison.

People can say whatever they want about XVM being a practical tool but the reality is that many use it as a weapon - like a hammer being used to bash someone's skull in - just to ease their own sense of inadequacy, or to have something to complain about in the chat.

If XVM ever gets integrated and widespread use in ships like it did with tanks, I'm done.

I'm not one to argue against mods as they tend to enrich the game for the most part, but XVM needs to die.

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Members
1,589 posts
10,267 battles
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Seems the common denominator is the OP initiating the response.     First stating he'd carry the team, and then in the second example, lambasting his team.

Had he just sailed his bote, nobody would have brought up XVM.    

Not seeing a victim here...    

• Cool 2

Members
182 posts
2,612 battles

I use XVM to let me know who the losing whiners are, it's is often wrong about the overall chances of winning and the people it shows as good are sometimes just lucky, but it is the best defense against the worst players.  The worst players are always the first to attack their own team, empirically. 

I also do better in ranked as i can tell who is worth listening to, and who is not. People with good stats do not hide them. 

Edited by Captain_Kylere
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[TBW]
Members
9,825 posts
16,590 battles
34 minutes ago, Mahrs said:

I’m curious as to prevalence and impact.

Prevalence Zero, impact Zero, at least for me.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,516 posts
18 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Asking for a ban of 3rd party programs like this is the poster-child definition of moronic.

> For clans that require stats accessible.... well, you just have to decide whether privacy or community is more important.... AGAIN, a choice for each player without asking for such bans.

Always block your stats!

It makes the stat ho's crazy.....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
34 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

:Smile_great:This

+1:Smile_medal:

Plus I do not stat shame, while I think stats have their uses. For me it is not a player's stats, but their actions in the game during that battle.

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,904 posts
8,457 battles

Here I thought XVM was a WOT specific mod.

Anyways even if people succeed in banning it how are you going to stop people from alt+tabbing and checking stats on one of the websites?

[O7]
Members
2,004 posts
16,380 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

This XVM stuff is garbage and should be banned!

Sub_Octavian Ban XVM in all its forms and expel permanently all players that use such programs!

Can you explain how WG can ban XVM when it doesn't modify the game files in any way and therefore it cannot be traced, tracked, or proven? For all you know someone just used a discord bot or took the time to hop on wows numbers to check your stats. I'm not condoning nor condemning use of XVMs simply asking how you propose WG can actually take action, were they so inclined?

• Funny 1

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles

I used it for a few days until I realized that the vast majority of the players in this game are HORRIBLE. I would be sitting there as a 63% win rate 1300 WTR player and 9 players on my team would be sub 48% win rate and 800 and below WTR players. I stopped using it, ignorance of your team composition and the other teams composition is bliss.

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester
2,902 posts
5,808 battles

Never used it in Ships, in Ships I used to use the regular stat page back when I was attempting to teach myself carrier play.  Good enemy carrier player I was in trouble lol

Members
2,229 posts
11,347 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@dbw86 programs that give the stats for players on the teams that some use to determine if they are on a winner or loser team! Such players usually taunt the lower win rate players during the match! It is all garbage and should be banned and the user/taunters expelled!

9/10 times the person instigated it by saying or doing something that caused someone else to look up their stats. You derp in less than 3 min and blame the team for no support you waive any credibility in claiming victimhood of stat shaming.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,751 posts
8,695 battles

1) XVM is a WoT eXtended Vizualisation Mode. Displaying stats is just one of the things it's used for. 

2) The most cancerous thing about stat mods, projected win probability, is absent in WoWS. 

3) If you don't like people bringing up up your stats either hide the stats, or mute the offender in chat, it's as easy as making a few mouse clicks.

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts
53 minutes ago, Captain_Kylere said:

I use XVM to let me know who the losing whiners are...

If you need a third party program to tell you who is whinning you must lack understanding of social interaction.

As for identifying the losers, the end of battle report will identify them soon enough. Any other predictive means is a tad premature.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

Members
2,229 posts
11,347 battles

Matchmaking Monitor is the most common tool used and it's broken more often than when it's working. And even when it is working it's still broken because it only shows the stats for the ship each player brought to the match and not their overall. After discounting those that hide their stats and those with too few games to provide a good enough sample size to gauge ability, you're left with only a few players on each side that you can predict output on.

You need both ship and overall in order to get a much more accurate SWOT analysis.