You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Ognevoi — Soviet Tier VIII destroyer.

8 comments in this topic

Community Department
2,680 posts
779 battles

Ognevoi — Soviet Tier VIII destroyer.

Developed from the Gnevny-class destroyers, the ship (Project 30) featured a larger displacement. In contrast to her predecessors, she boasted improved armor protection for artillery and a more powerful torpedo armament.
800px-%D0%9E%D0%B3%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of destroyers.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

[PVE]
Members
747 posts
5,914 battles

How does Ognevoi perform today after the rework? Is it worth playing in Randoms? Does its AA, once fully upgraded, measure up to anything?

I am not going to get enough temp currency to get the Lazo but I already have enough for at least one permanent camo so I am between Ognevoi and Chapayev (already have one for Kiev and T8 BBs don't interest me).

[BTRDS]
Members
348 posts
10,296 battles
On 5/16/2019 at 11:36 AM, MasterDiggs said:

How does Ognevoi perform today after the rework? Is it worth playing in Randoms? Does its AA, once fully upgraded, measure up to anything?

I am not going to get enough temp currency to get the Lazo but I already have enough for at least one permanent camo so I am between Ognevoi and Chapayev (already have one for Kiev and T8 BBs don't interest me).

I went through Ognevoi recently, but to be honest I spent FreeXP on Guns and Hull, he can use DFAA instead of SpeedBoost but I did not try to do that because even with a 19-pound Alexander O. Captain he did not have an AA build (only ATF to play like gunboat when needed). use its maximum concealment of 6.1km and its 10km torps as main tool, AA off, gunboat just above 11km and run close to an allied CA / CL in case of imminent CV attack. it's a decent ship but I do not think it's good enough to keep him in the harbor and get his perma camo, I bought Chappy's...

Edited by xavier_556

[-BRS-]
Members
963 posts
15,451 battles
23 hours ago, xavier_556 said:

I went through Ognevoi recently, but to be honest I spent FreeXP on Guns and Hull, he can use DFAA instead of Smoke but I did not try to do that because even with a 19-pound Alexander O. Captain he did not have an AA build (only ATF to play like gunboat when needed). use its maximum concealment of 6.1km and its 10km torps as main tool, AA off, gunboat just above 11km and run close to an allied CA / CL in case of imminent CV attack. it's a decent ship but I do not think it's good enough to keep him in the harbor and get his perma camo, I bought Chappy's...

You can have DFAA in place of speed boost, not smoke.

• Cool 1

[BTRDS]
Members
348 posts
10,296 battles

thanks for the correction...

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
416 posts
13,118 battles

What does the Ognevoi victory banner camo look like? Any picture posted anywhere? Also, what are its stats?

[BTRDS]
Members
348 posts
10,296 battles
9 hours ago, Coyote720 said:

What does the Ognevoi victory banner camo look like? Any picture posted anywhere? Also, what are its stats?

They have the same bonus of a regular T8 Perma Camo (+ 50% XP and -10% cost), of the 4 available ships Ognevoi is the least interesting so very few people take this Camo, but as they are adaptations of the same standard on different ships, use my Chappy's will give you a good idea of what it's like...
shot-19.05.06_22.44.51-0431.jpg?width=81

Edited by xavier_556
  • Cool 1