You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Tashkent — Soviet Tier IX destroyer.

11 comments in this topic

Community Department
3,294 posts
1,296 battles

Tashkent — Soviet Tier IX destroyer.

A destroyer flotilla leader intended to perform long-range reconnaissance duties within squadrons and support destroyers' torpedo attacks. She was built in Italy for the U.S.S.R. Navy (Project 20I). During World War II, she was one of the fastest warships in the world and the largest ship of this type.
800px-%D0%A2%D0%B0%D1%88%D0%BA%D0%B5%D0%
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of destroyers.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

[ARCO]
Members
797 posts
1,276 battles

I had it in my EU account and have reached her in the NA just yesterday.

It is a cvery fast cruiser with accurate guns, NO concealment (you will be detected by inland statinons since the very beginning of the game, has [edited] rudder and bad gun rotation, so its state normally is detected and on fire.

[70]
Members
1,212 posts
6,662 battles

Stock configuration is utter trash. I don't expect upgraded to be anything better than meh at best.

Not enough range to kite, not enough raw firepower to deal with all the gunboats running around (IJN and French), terrible torpedo range...

Since Kleber is not apparently considered OP, it's time to give the Soviet gun destroyers better torpedoes or better stealth, because Kleber is all their best traits put together.

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
199 posts
8,541 battles
1 hour ago, Guardian54 said:

Stock configuration is utter trash. I don't expect upgraded to be anything better than meh at best.

Not enough range to kite, not enough raw firepower to deal with all the gunboats running around (IJN and French), terrible torpedo range...

I really enjoy Tashkent. It's fast and very maneuverable if you use both steering gears modules. Main guns are effective out to their max 15km range. That's enough range to dodge a lot of shells too. It's good enough that Khabarovsk doesn't feel like much of an upgrade.

Torpedoes are certainly not the primary weapons system in this ship, but 8km is still enough to zone out one side of an island (for example). I've denied a few RM cruisers that were eagerly pushing around to wreck me.

[70]
Members
1,212 posts
6,662 battles
9 hours ago, imaginary_b said:

Main guns are effective out to their max 15km range

Right now, and until I get the range upgrade (plus 2 more captain skill points), I'm playing with about 11.5 km range.

Ye gods DDs require a lot of skills to be useable. Right now I have CE and IFHE, so one more 4 point skill and I'm going to only get one more 1 pointer, ugh... probably the module damage chance one I think.

The max 15km is only against BBs or fatter cruisers though, as even at 11.5 km it struggles to hit other destroyers.

Edited by Guardian54

[NG-NL]
Members
199 posts
8,541 battles
5 hours ago, Guardian54 said:

Right now, and until I get the range upgrade (plus 2 more captain skill points), I'm playing with about 11.5 km range.

Ye gods DDs require a lot of skills to be useable. Right now I have CE and IFHE, so one more 4 point skill and I'm going to only get one more 1 pointer, ugh... probably the module damage chance one I think.

The max 15km is only against BBs or fatter cruisers though, as even at 11.5 km it struggles to hit other destroyers.

I would struggle with that setup too. Here's what I use; maybe it will give you some ideas. 

Captain skills: (Tashkent and Khabarovsk)
Priority Target or Incoming Fire alert
Last Stand
Basic Fire Training (or Survivability Expert)
Advanced Fire Training
Adrenaline Rush
BFT/SE/Demolition Expert

1201735824_Tashkentskills.thumb.png.1b3580b8c5c5e0a7058af0f06ce9b145.png

Ship modules:
Engine Boost mod
Aiming Systems Mod
Steering Gears Mods (both of them)
Main Battery Mod

1493957989_Tashkentmodules.thumb.png.df7aa8e4e21ca925d04dc077990617d1.png

[70]
Members
1,212 posts
6,662 battles
5 hours ago, imaginary_b said:

I would struggle with that setup too. Here's what I use; maybe it will give you some ideas. 

See, I cannot possibly so much as imagine myself giving up on the ability to penetrate heavy cruiser plating with IFHE.

Once they nerf IFHE though, I expect to be able to redistribute my commander skills for free.

In addition, 10km on a destroyer is more than a bit too easy to spot for me, as I'd be outspotted by the likes of Minotaurs and Mogami/Ibuki, but I CAN conceive of trading that off for MUCH more range i.e. the ability to dodge better because I swear my Cleveland dodges better than my Tashkent right now thanks to the range.

Edited by Guardian54

Members
28 posts
9,875 battles

This is my second trip through the Line and I have to say UGH! What have they done to my poor DD line. this line used to be a blast, not it sucks most of the way through. Only a couple ships were fun and good for their leveel. Tashent was one of my favorite ships to play the first time, now it's crap. BAD crap. the rudder is slow as hell and gets knocked out way too easy. The guns used to hit like bricks and now your outgunned buy 2/3 the dd's in the game. Even at range where you can no longer turn fast enough to dodge anything. 

And before someone says you need to change your captain or mods I've tried everything from no concealment to max, full gunboat to protect the rudder, and maximum health...doesn't mater you gert hit heal hit again your doing circles for 10 min. I got my rudder knocked out 3 times in a row by 3 hits from a Kagero today. [edited]...outgunned by a Kagero.  

[45ACP]
Members
156 posts
2,940 battles
5 hours ago, LaughingLupine said:

This is my second trip through the Line and I have to say UGH! What have they done to my poor DD line. this line used to be a blast, not it sucks most of the way through. Only a couple ships were fun and good for their leveel. Tashent was one of my favorite ships to play the first time, now it's crap. BAD crap. the rudder is slow as hell and gets knocked out way too easy. The guns used to hit like bricks and now your outgunned buy 2/3 the dd's in the game. Even at range where you can no longer turn fast enough to dodge anything. 

And before someone says you need to change your captain or mods I've tried everything from no concealment to max, full gunboat to protect the rudder, and maximum health...doesn't mater you gert hit heal hit again your doing circles for 10 min. I got my rudder knocked out 3 times in a row by 3 hits from a Kagero today. [edited]...outgunned by a Kagero.  

Rather than captain mods, I'd say check some player modifications.:Smile-_tongue:

If cruisers can open-water kite then a Tashkent can too even more easily. Be conscious of shell velocity, how accurate a player is (especially on their first salvo), how "smart" they are (do they take the bait when you give broadside, do they predict full reverse, do they do a full salvo or fire staggered, etc). Open water kiting is all about outsmarting your opponent every salvo they fire. You're goal is to maximize the time it takes for their shell to reach you (and thus giving you more reaction time) while still being able to hit them reliably. 

For mods, I use propulsion 1 + rudder 2. Rudder 2 makes repairing rudder unnecessary and fast enough imo, and propulsion 1 I find very valuable for WASD hacks. Don't need concealment since (a) you won't beat any other DD anyways, (b) you're gonna be detected from gunning anyways, and (c) you shouldn't be within 9km of a cruiser creeping up on you anyways.

Idk how it used to play, but Tashkent is the easiest DD I've played. Yes, it has faults but as long as you space yourself well, it's just a matter of shooting and dodging. No need to worry about radar, torps, etc for most of the match. I have a couple rules I keep for myself, and I only break them when necessary.

1. Never be <10km away from an enemy. USN DDs, RN DDs, and Eu DDs more like 7.5km because of their low shell velocity.

2. 12.5-13.5km is the sweetspot in terms of being able to gun comfortably and dodge consistently.

3. Avoid Italians and Smolensk as much as possible. Avoid RU cruisers <13km.

4. Caps are deathtraps. Avoid them till you can safely push.

5. Islands suck. Find open water to pew pew.

• Cool 2