Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Khabarovsk — Soviet Tier X destroyer.

29 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Community Department
2,348 posts
597 battles

Khabarovsk — Soviet Tier X destroyer.

The ship was designed as a destroyer flotilla leader. No destroyer in the world could rival her in terms of speed, while her armor and the power of her artillery were comparable to those of light cruisers. Dual-purpose main guns and a battery of automatic AA guns ensured a strong AA defense.
800px-%D0%A5%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of destroyers.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27
[ISLA]
Beta Testers
352 posts
7,522 battles

she needs some love.  Since stealth firing nerf and addition of other ships, her roll kind of fallen to the way side of power creep.  Maybe give an range of main guns to base 13km or maybe make her stealth down 8km base. This ship ATM feels like it really restricted in upgrades and capt skills to make this ships work.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27
[ISLA]
Beta Testers
352 posts
7,522 battles
5 hours ago, Guardian54 said:

Still brokenly overpowered. The price of playing a Russian-made game.

would really like to ask why you think it op in the now DD MEDA?  When this ship came out it was op back when you stealth fire and smoke was untouched.  This ship was balance around run and gun well able to stealth fire.  Now that stealth firing been nerfed and radar and CL have been add to the game it makes the roll of this ship at 13.5km gun distance a little weak in competitive game play. Would like to see it torps brought back and its range increased to 15km fully buffed.  seeing as the IJN DD gun boat can go to 17km i don't see that as an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194
[70]
Members
1,057 posts
4,879 battles
On 9/30/2018 at 12:40 AM, DeadIyArT said:

would really like to ask why you think it op in the now DD MEDA?  When this ship came out it was op back when you stealth fire and smoke was untouched.  This ship was balance around run and gun well able to stealth fire.  Now that stealth firing been nerfed and radar and CL have been add to the game it makes the roll of this ship at 13.5km gun distance a little weak in competitive game play. Would like to see it torps brought back and its range increased to 15km fully buffed.  seeing as the IJN DD gun boat can go to 17km i don't see that as an issue.

You forget that USN cruisers have horribad shell velocity and time-to-target. Someone spots one for a Khab that opens up on it... well GG Khab wins. Every other cruiser? Same thing, because Khab can dodge very well.

The only thing balanced about Harugumo is that it's terrible at dodging. While Harugumo is more OP against everything else than Khab, Khab still beats Harugumo 1v1 more often than not by simple dint of Magic Russian Ninja Skillz.

At 13.5 km a decent DD player can looool dodge most shells when not driving a Harugumo. The IJN DD trying to fire at 17 km is basically not going to hit anything except a stock Tier 8/9 BB without rudder mod. Meanwhile a Khab has absurdly high shell velocity and low drag so it can hit reliably up to max range.

Also, Khabarovsk gets Hidden Russian Fire Chance Bonus (due to the magic of Molotov cocktails! Da, tovarish!) given the ratio of shell hits I've absorbed from Khabs versus fires started. I would estimate the actual fire chance from a Khabarovsk to be not less than 10% per shell based on experience being fired on.

 

"The Russian paper DD Khab gets napkin stats. The US real-life DD Gearing gets pretty much RL stats. Guess which country made the game." is pretty obvious.

 

Just because Khab is no longer "most broken thing at tier" becasue they made something else even more disastrously OP, does not mean it is balanced. 1/5 pen for the Harugumo should have been plenty, ugh (i.e. can pen light cruiser plating with IFHE... as in all cruisers except German and US heavies)

 

Also the mod that gives -3% fire chance needs a serious buff. It should really be actually -3% for the base fire chance of the shells hitting you... would certainly be useful against DDs then.

Edited by Guardian54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
168
[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles

If not an outright range increase, I think Khab should at least be given access to gun fire control mod 2 for additional range at the cost of rate of fire. With the nerfed rudder shift, it is pretty easy for an even average BB players to land shells on you. They always pen due to the heavier armor. Additional range would be appropriate especially as the khabs effectiveness as a DD hunter is waning with the high dpm Daring and Harugumo.

Edited by mrieder79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27
[ISLA]
Beta Testers
352 posts
7,522 battles
On 9/30/2018 at 6:54 AM, Guardian54 said:

You forget that USN cruisers have horribad shell velocity and time-to-target. Someone spots one for a Khab that opens up on it... well GG Khab wins. Every other cruiser? Same thing, because Khab can dodge very well.

The only thing balanced about Harugumo is that it's terrible at dodging. While Harugumo is more OP against everything else than Khab, Khab still beats Harugumo 1v1 more often than not by simple dint of Magic Russian Ninja Skillz.

At 13.5 km a decent DD player can looool dodge most shells when not driving a Harugumo. The IJN DD trying to fire at 17 km is basically not going to hit anything except a stock Tier 8/9 BB without rudder mod. Meanwhile a Khab has absurdly high shell velocity and low drag so it can hit reliably up to max range.

Also, Khabarovsk gets Hidden Russian Fire Chance Bonus (due to the magic of Molotov cocktails! Da, tovarish!) given the ratio of shell hits I've absorbed from Khabs versus fires started. I would estimate the actual fire chance from a Khabarovsk to be not less than 10% per shell based on experience being fired on.

 

"The Russian paper DD Khab gets napkin stats. The US real-life DD Gearing gets pretty much RL stats. Guess which country made the game." is pretty obvious.

 

Just because Khab is no longer "most broken thing at tier" becasue they made something else even more disastrously OP, does not mean it is balanced. 21mm pen for the Harugumo should have been plenty, ugh (i.e. can pen cruiser plating with IFHE)

 

Also the mod that gives -3% fire chance needs a serious buff. It should really be actually -3% for the base fire chance of the shells hitting you... would certainly be useful against DDs then.

The Khab is not balance around USN  CL/CA  and the Khab is pretty much a CL.  I have no issue killing them in my other CA/CL with better shell arks.

Harugumo rudder shift is not that bad, for kiting as for 1v1. I would say MY Harugumo would beat out  a khab ever day of the week.  And i have had a few fights with them in my Harugumo and ever engagement  i have beaten them . Harugumo also has good torps too.

Where you getting this info from I can hit ship on the move easy with my Harugumo at 17km yes there act more like USN cruiser shell ark at that distance but not hard to work with if you know how to aim.

As for hidden fire chance..............  for the amount of shells going down range.... yes it make scene for fire chance! Go play the Worcester you will see the same thing at a 10% base fire chance.

As for khab getting better stats for being Russian, i don't think that the case. Gearing IN game is a more of a torp boat now NOT  a gun boat yes it can brawl at close range unlike the shimma.  From day one gearing always have had high ark shells fallowing  the USN theme.  That made it never good as a gun boat.  But its torps are AMAZING and fast if you spec for it. 71knts for 13km !!!!  back in the day it was a gun boat because there was only the shimma and it gun suck! and still do!

I would say go to the PTR  and buy a Khab and play it.   I use to hate fighting them back in the day with stealth firing.  But times have change and power creep has hurt this ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27
[ISLA]
Beta Testers
352 posts
7,522 battles
9 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

If not an outright range increase, I think Khab should at least be given access to gun fire control mod 2 for additional range at the cost of rate of fire. With the nerfed rudder shift, it is pretty easy for an even average BB players to land shells on you. They always pen due to the heavier armor. Additional range would be appropriate especially as the khabs effectiveness as a DD hunter is waning with the high dpm Daring and Harugumo.

that would sound reasonable this ship range at cost of ability to dodge shells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
168
[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles

Right now the rudder shift is 11 or so stock. With dual rudder mods you can get it to 5.3. At 5.3 montanas routinely hit you from your max range. Zao, Hindi, Kron, Stalin, roon, moskva, and any other high velocity shell ship can easily hit you from beyond your range. It is not uncommon to get blapped by BBs from outside your range either.

Now, there are tricks to avoid this and a skilled khab player can make it work. I rarely get blapped these days, but I also have a 19 point captain and around 600 games in my khab. Im not sure someone should have to focus this hard on a ship that hard to make it fulfill its designed role effectively. 

Also, keep in mind, 13.5 is max engagement range. Effective engagement range tops out around 12.5 because you have to weave and dodge and take into consideration whether the enemy is coming toward you or going away. Forget chasing BBs. you have to be at about 12.7 for your shells to even catch them, and with the Khab's turn radius, it is not possible to stay at 13.5 and still engage the enemy for the amount of time needed to rack up the damage that it is Khabs role to produce. Realistically your enagement range with 13.5 max range is between 11.5 and 13.5 and believe me, at 11.5 km, nobody (except potatoes) has a hard time hitting Khab unless your hax are really strong. 

Edited by mrieder79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
552
[KRAK]
Members
2,019 posts
14,779 battles

Khab has had so many nerfs that while it still can be effective in certain circumstances it is lacking some things badly in comparison of other T10 ships and that is gun range.

The 11km range that you can mod and captain skill to 13.5 km is tiny when compared to other t10 ships. Couple this with the ridiculous rudder shift nerf Khab had done to it and it now has a very limited usefulness. I see BBs that can dance around torpedoes better than a Khab can.

 

I would like to see Khab  restored back to what it was before the gun range, torpedo range, and rudder shift nerfs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
552
[KRAK]
Members
2,019 posts
14,779 battles
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:54 AM, Guardian54 said:

You forget that USN cruisers have horribad shell velocity and time-to-target. Someone spots one for a Khab that opens up on it... well GG Khab wins. Every other cruiser? Same thing, because Khab can dodge very well.

Khab cannot dodge very well. They handle like pigs.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
552
[KRAK]
Members
2,019 posts
14,779 battles
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:49 PM, Guardian54 said:

Still brokenly overpowered. The price of playing a Russian-made game.

Nothing OP about it. I sense a Khab has killed you more than a few times. Literally takes 3 to 5 minutes for a Khab to kill a BB and it has to be within 12.5 km or less or it will not land most shells if you are running away. Whose fault is it for letting a ship pepper you for that long? The Khab or yours?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194
[70]
Members
1,057 posts
4,879 battles
3 hours ago, Vaffu said:

Nothing OP about it. I sense a Khab has killed you more than a few times. Literally takes 3 to 5 minutes for a Khab to kill a BB and it has to be within 12.5 km or less or it will not land most shells if you are running away. Whose fault is it for letting a ship pepper you for that long? The Khab or yours?

Constant double fires due to sheer volume of hits with Russian shell velocity, not to mention forcing you to turn around and run away (read: probably show broadside for a moment) are very dangerous.

 

Interesting that it's been nerfed down to 13.5km max range though...

Edited by Guardian54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
168
[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles
3 hours ago, Vaffu said:

Khab has had so many nerfs that while it still can be effective in certain circumstances it is lacking some things badly in comparison of other T10 ships and that is gun range.

The 11km range that you can mod and captain skill to 13.5 km is tiny when compared to other t10 ships. Couple this with the ridiculous rudder shift nerf Khab had done to it and it now has a very limited usefulness. I see BBs that can dance around torpedoes better than a Khab can.

 

I would like to see Khab  restored back to what it was before the gun range, torpedo range, and rudder shift nerfs. 

Couldn't agree more bro. Heck, I'd be happy with just the gun range back. You have to really know what you are doing to make khab work well.  Lots of tricksie tricky tricks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
552
[KRAK]
Members
2,019 posts
14,779 battles
1 hour ago, Guardian54 said:

Constant double fires due to sheer volume of hits with Russian shell velocity, not to mention forcing you to turn around and run away (read: probably show broadside for a moment) are very dangerous.

 

Interesting that it's been nerfed down to 13.5km max range though...

in the words always expressed to DD players.. Git Gud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194
[70]
Members
1,057 posts
4,879 battles
2 hours ago, Vaffu said:

in the words always expressed to DD players.. Git Gud

DDs already have the tools to be gud.

BBs vs DDs just get burnt to death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
552
[KRAK]
Members
2,019 posts
14,779 battles
6 minutes ago, Guardian54 said:

DDs already have the tools to be gud.

BBs vs DDs just get burnt to death.

Good BB players do not get burnt to death very often. You getting burnt has to do with your positioning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194
[70]
Members
1,057 posts
4,879 battles
3 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Good BB players do not get burnt to death very often. You getting burnt has to do with your positioning.

I'm reading this as "Good BB players die last because they didn't even bother trying to soak fire for their team's cruisers" for some reason.

I know I am too aggressive because I tend to be right up there with the cruiser line, but I learnt from WoT that aggression wins games...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
552
[KRAK]
Members
2,019 posts
14,779 battles
Just now, Guardian54 said:

I'm reading this as "Good BB players die last because they didn't even bother trying to soak fire for their team's cruisers" for some reason.

I know I am too aggressive because I tend to be right up there with the cruiser line, but I learnt from WoT that aggression wins games...

Well you are reading it wrong if that is what you took away from it. You are being burnt by Khabs because you over extended yourself and/or isolated yourself from the fleet. Good BB players do not do that very often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
168
[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles

If you are playing a tier VIII or tier IX bb and trying to take on a khab, you should expect to be at a disadvantage. Same goes if you were trying to take on a Tier X BB in a lower tier BB. Once you get some tier X ships and start shooting at the khab, you'll see what we are talking about. Khab seems strong because she sees so many lower tiered ships, but when matched with tier X CA and BB, then things get really tough and her performance lags significantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194
[70]
Members
1,057 posts
4,879 battles
On 10/3/2018 at 7:26 AM, mrieder79 said:

If you are playing a tier VIII or tier IX bb and trying to take on a khab, you should expect to be at a disadvantage. Same goes if you were trying to take on a Tier X BB in a lower tier BB. Once you get some tier X ships and start shooting at the khab, you'll see what we are talking about. Khab seems strong because she sees so many lower tiered ships, but when matched with tier X CA and BB, then things get really tough and her performance lags significantly.

The thing is that I felt no disadvantage playing say North Carolina versus Tier 9s. And the Cleveland is a better Seattle.

But it seems the Tier 9-10 power gap is too big, ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
168
[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles

NCs really struggle to hit khabs because of their extra floaty shells. I don't know if I've ever been hit by one. Montanas and their tier x bretheren are a very different story. You have to be very careful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
168
[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles

I'm wondering how other people are doing in this ship. I've got a fair number of games in her--600 or so--and compared to my other gunboats it just feels hampered by the lack of range. I mean, sure, I'll get those 100k-plus games, but I've never broken 200k in her. Just wondering if I'm missing something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
168
[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles

Little update: I recently unlocked the legendary module and decided to give it a whirl. On paper it looks horrible, but in practice, it's fantastic. I think I'm actually getting popped by BBs and Cruisers less than before. It's just 1km extra range and +5% ROF, but man, what a difference. Makes the boat super fun. I finally feel like I have the reach to engage at a comfortable distance. Highly recommend the module despite the loss of SGM3.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×