Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Grozovoi — Soviet Tier X destroyer.

11 comments in this topic

Community Department
2,692 posts
779 battles

Grozovoi — Soviet Tier X destroyer.

A product of Project 40N, this ship was designed as a "large destroyer" based on experience gained in World War II. Unlike her predecessors, she had greater dimensions and carried dual-purpose artillery and enhanced AA guns.
800px-%D0%93%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of destroyers.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

[-BRS-]
Members
965 posts
15,477 battles

Out of curiosity, a full fledged guide written by who? I have a completely different playstyle for Russian destroyers from most and the Grozovoi has so many different ways you can build it for different purposes as well.

Members
366 posts
5,492 battles

I recently switched up my captain skills to great effect. At first, I figured, russian DD, great guns, I have to have AFT. So I took AFT in lieu of PM and BFT. However, unlike khab, Groz just doesn't seem to do as much damage at distance and OW gunboating blows your position and makes scouting and torping much less effective. I've switched to my current skill set (PT,PM,AR,LS,SE,BFT,SI,CE). Now, with the legendary module, my reload starts at 3.0 seconds and goes down from there with damage. This improves my burst damage when I do smoke shooting or oppotunity shooting, and it is very strong whan engaging enemy dds. The range of 12.3km also lets me drop off detection after killing an enemy DD more often. 

In short, I feel that AFT is not an ideal skill for the role Grozovoi most effectively fills. 

Thoughts?

[TOG]
Members
3,533 posts
18,751 battles
On 10/15/2018 at 7:28 AM, mrieder79 said:

In short, I feel that AFT is not an ideal skill for the role Grozovoi most effectively fills. 

That depends very much on whether you prefer open water gun boating or knife fighting. You can play the Groz like a mini Zao. If you use the steering gear mod 1, it allows you to dodge shells at 10 km or greater. Except for the Zao.  That's when AFT has utility. I use PT, AR, LS, SE, BFT, AFT, CE for right now. I may switch AFT for RDF when I get the legendary mod. Soon!

[WOLFK]
[WOLFK]
Members
116 posts
13,753 battles
On 11/13/2018 at 8:41 AM, Bill_Halsey said:

That depends very much on whether you prefer open water gun boating or knife fighting. You can play the Groz like a mini Zao. If you use the steering gear mod 1, it allows you to dodge shells at 10 km or greater. Except for the Zao.  That's when AFT has utility. I use PT, AR, LS, SE, BFT, AFT, CE for right now. I may switch AFT for RDF when I get the legendary mod. Soon!

I run RDF and the legendary mod and am very happy with the build.   RDF + the Groz speed makes for a nice DD hunter.

[TOG]
Members
3,533 posts
18,751 battles
2 hours ago, ReddWolfz said:

I run RDF and the legendary mod and am very happy with the build.   RDF + the Groz speed makes for a nice DD hunter.

The issue is whether to attempt to be near a cap point or not

[CUTER]
Members
2,684 posts
11,693 battles

From Russia with Love.  One of the most blatantly OP DD in the game.  Grozovoy, also known in my household as the alphabet soup DD since it has the kitchen sink too.

[WOLFK]
[WOLFK]
Members
116 posts
13,753 battles
On 11/14/2018 at 2:38 PM, Bill_Halsey said:

The issue is whether to attempt to be near a cap point or not

Very true..  for the most part, early/mid  I focus on cap control/contesting I play the Groz (and all other dds with the exception of the Khab) near a cap point to work on opfor DDs that blunder into view..   when the opfor DD has support close in I focus on doing fast 'chip damage' on them (hopefully pushing them back and or making them easier for others to kill) and then scurry behind cover.   once undetected I reposition (maybe pop a heal) and try it again.   

[ARGSY]
Members
1,819 posts
11,689 battles
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:33 AM, tinfoilpaperweight said:

I'm just amazed how long torpedo reload this ship has compared ie. ijn cruiser.

Faster torpedo reload would make Grozovoi insanely OP.

Sign in to follow this