You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Z-23 — German Tier VIII destroyer.

8 comments in this topic

Community Department
3,294 posts
1,296 battles

Z-23 — German Tier VIII destroyer.

Developed from the Leberecht Maass-class destroyers (Zerstörer 1936A type), this ship had larger dimensions and greater firepower compared to her prototype. She received 150mm main gun mounts, but retained the torpedo armament of her predecessor.
Z-23_wows_main.jpg
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of destroyers.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

[70]
Members
1,212 posts
6,662 battles

Update: I have received a chat infraction for questioning this design decision in chat. This won't do my PR grind any favours... how devious.

[BRAV0]
Members
27 posts
4,847 battles

Today I had a guy in a Z-23 that I could not detect until he was 3.2km from me. I was in a Sims and this happened several times during the match.

I built a Z-23 in game after that and also used a WoWs Ship Caluculator. 

So far, the best I can get without the Level 4 Detection Downgrade is 6.9km, that is using the Module, flags etc... Using the calculator, I can only get to 6.22km.

So what's going on? Any ideas how this guy was halving his detection radius? He was not in smoke either if that helps.

Edited by Sainte70

[QCM]
Members
92 posts
6,474 battles

It was probably do to the "Not so Random, Random number generator".  This is WG's "Get outta jail free" card.  Basically they can control the start to finish of the game by controlling this function.  They are currently having their use of manual control by various algorithms introduced at various times looked at closely by the international courts.  Ever noticed that you could be behind tons of smoke, the enemy 12 km away and they can still pump round after round squarely into your ship?  That is one example.  Their RNG is programmable, and they're getting busted for it.  Here is another eye opener.  You know as well as I that there are those that absolutely excel in this game.  Why are their averages always in the low 40's to 50's???  Why not aces in the high 90's???  Maybe it's just Russian math.  Who knows???  Only the Shadow......

• Boring 2

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,038 posts
7,970 battles
6 hours ago, RockChunker said:

It was probably do to the "Not so Random, Random number generator".  This is WG's "Get outta jail free" card.  Basically they can control the start to finish of the game by controlling this function.  They are currently having their use of manual control by various algorithms introduced at various times looked at closely by the international courts.  Ever noticed that you could be behind tons of smoke, the enemy 12 km away and they can still pump round after round squarely into your ship?  That is one example.  Their RNG is programmable, and they're getting busted for it.  Here is another eye opener.  You know as well as I that there are those that absolutely excel in this game.  Why are their averages always in the low 40's to 50's???  Why not aces in the high 90's???  Maybe it's just Russian math.  Who knows???  Only the Shadow......

[citation needed]

I have googled a bit and have yet to find any information on WG being under investigation by some international court, much less them "getting busted for it". Care to link something?

As for your "examples", they are about as flawed as they could be. For the spotting part, read this: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Detection Try to understand it as well. If you have any questions or need help with digesting the info, let me know. 

As for the average damage part, a two minute search would have opened your eyes regarding your "eye opener". But no worries, I have linked a few good to amazing players that you can look at. Not all of them are super unicums, but they are all well above the 50k avg damage. From various clans of course.
https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1019310493-Kebobstuzov/!/pvp/overview/
https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1014618061-ZuikakuKaiNi/!/pvp/overview/
https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1006562801-YoshinoKai/!/pvp/overview/
https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1020036127-m373x/!/pvp/overview/

So much for "averages always in the low 40s to 50s"...

On 1/8/2020 at 3:37 AM, Sainte70 said:

So what's going on? Any ideas how this guy was halving his detection radius? He was not in smoke either if that helps.

I believe others already told you about that, but it's rather difficult to understand what exactly the circumstances were, making in-depth explanations near impossible. If you open your game folder you will find a folder called "replays". Drag and drop it over the little paperclip that the text editor on the Forums show to attach it to a message and you can share it that way. You can either send it in a reply here, ping me with it or if it's uncomfortable for you to publically share it drop it via DMs. I'll take a look and will surely be able to figure out what happened.

• Cool 2

[BRAV0]
Members
27 posts
4,847 battles

File is gone. Thanks for the idea tho in the event I need to use that in the future.

[70]
Members
1,212 posts
6,662 battles

This ship is an abominationnow more than ever.

European Tier 7 beats it in everything (gun power/handling, torpedo reload, torpedo range, stealth) but per-torpedo/salvo damage and HP (I think?) and even the torpedo alpha is laughed at by 60-second reload allowing actual flooding spam.