Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Benson — American Tier VIII destroyer.

3 comments in this topic

Community Department
3,294 posts
1,296 battles

Benson — American Tier VIII destroyer.

A rather large ship for her type. As compared to her predecessors, the ship was much better armed owing to more efficient artillery mounts and a successful arrangement of novel quintuple torpedo tubes.
Benson_wows_main.jpg
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of destroyers.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,193 posts
14,168 battles

To me the Benson is a good spotter with good smoke. Typical of the USN DD's. It is definitely a team work oriented DD. As a stand alone DD she is much like her heirs, the Fletcher and Gearing. Good Jack of all trades DD. She has peppy guns and meh torpedos. In the right hands she has great potential.

[_CORE]
Members
96 posts
5,178 battles

I started playing DDs with the IJN line. As I was learning the game, I discovered I want to be as stealthy as possible. Later I tried out the Russian line and it was fun and I moved up fast as the HE spammer from a distance and behind cover is great for xp. Just recently started the US DD line and I am very happy with them. Currently spent the past three days playing the Benson. It is a very fun ship. Trick is picking your battles. I love ambushing enemy DDs and light them up with the five 127mm guns. With CE, Concealment Module, and Camo, the Benson has a competitive edge with stealth. Gives me confidence to move around the map without much fear of getting spotted. I very much enjoy spotting for my team too.

Edited by Uber72

Sign in to follow this