Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Fletcher — American Tier IX destroyer.

3 comments in this topic

Community Department
2,434 posts
645 battles

Fletcher — American Tier IX destroyer.

Fletcher was the lead ship of the most numerous series of destroyers ever produced. They proved to be highly successful ships, combining high speed with efficient AA defenses, quick-firing artillery, and powerful torpedo armament.

Four of the class are preserved as military museum ships: USS Cassin Young in Boston, Massachusetts; USS Kidd in Baton Rouge, Louisiana; USS The Sullivans in Buffalo, New York; and HNS Velos (ex-USS Charrette) in Athens, Greece.
Fletcher_wows_main.jpg
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of destroyers.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

Members
918 posts
9,438 battles

Damn ... when it comes to DDs I've always been 1) IJN with some 2) Russian mixed in.  My only USNs were Sims and Lo Yang+/-.

I just jumped into Fletcher and it is all that I have been hoping for.  I don't even have elite status and this ship is fun.  Serious torp and spotting, guns and def AA to back it up.  Really just a good ship to poke or push wherever you want.

* Long story cut way down, I started with Shima and still love her, but had her too early and got battered Gearing syndrome early in career.  Nothing makes me happier than  sinking Gearing, I will feel cheap if I ever drive one ... 😖

[-TNT-]
Members
620 posts
7,971 battles

I'd like to see IX premium Cassin Young or a "C" hull at changes the name from Fletcher to Cassin Young using the 40mm quad BoFors loosing one torpedo launcher. Why? Current meta does not allow me to team up with tier 10 ships in a division. Why not the Gearing? Sorry guys she's a U.S.S. Laffey (DD-724) Moreover I cannot get the gearing to down planes like the Kidd or Fletcher. 

Sign in to follow this