You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Fubuki — Japanese Tier VI destroyer.

13 comments in this topic

Community Department
3,203 posts
1,210 battles

Fubuki — Japanese Tier VI destroyer.

This "special type" destroyer shaped the development for destroyers in all navies of the world. Fubuki’s greater dimensions allowed for a significantly greater firepower, AA artillery and an even more powerful torpedo armament. In terms of speed, however, Fubuki was somewhat inferior to destroyers of preceding classes.
Fubuki_wows_main.jpg
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of destroyers.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

Members
342 posts
6,004 battles

I want to like Fubuki destroyer but I am really bad with it. If someone has a good strategy I would appreciate if he can share it with me. The problem I have with Fubuki is that I feel is difficult to handle, the turning radius is really really long and is very slow compared with other japanese destroyers. According to Wikipedia, japanese class destroyer Fubuki could reach 38 knots, that is not what I am getting in this game.

Edited by Avrova1904

[CUTER]
Members
832 posts
24,858 battles
On 12/31/2018 at 2:38 PM, Avrova1904 said:

I want to like Fubuki destroyer but I am really bad with it. If someone has a good strategy I would appreciate if he can share it with me. The problem I have with Fubuki is that I feel is difficult to handle, the turning radius is really really long and is very slow compared with other japanese destroyers. According to Wikipedia, japanese class destroyer Fubuki could reach 38 knots, that is not what I am getting in this game.

I should have something posted in May 2019.  I know its a ways off, but I want to be sure about some things.

Members
1 post
2,965 battles

:DD:I kinda wish they added back that gun turret that they removed when Fubuki was moved down a teir(s). maybe reduce the aa capability?(not like aa was good to begin with on Fubuki):DD:

[XXX]
[XXX]
Beta Testers
106 posts
9,404 battles

Fubuki is my favorite ship, and this is as close to a perfect game as I've ever played in it.

Fubuki game

• Cool 1

Members
2,599 posts
7,629 battles

I like Fubuki.  
Mostly because I'm a fan of the Kantai Collection anime series in which Fubuki is featured.  :-)

The third torpedo launcher comes in handy, though.  A big ship may need a 6 torpedo salvo to sink it, so one uses the #1 and #2 launchers, while keeping the #3 launcher's torpedoes in reserve for targets of opportunity.  Nine torps from three launchers with three tubes each is nice, and the comparitively longer range of the torpedos allows for attacks from outside of detection range.

Fubuki may not be the fastest, but she gets along well enough. 
She has decent turning capability.
Her turrets rotate slowly, but that is common among IJN DD's.  (Plan accordingly.)
Her consumables are pretty standard fare for DD's, so no surprises.

The more Captain Skills one can provide to Fubuki's Captain, the better she is able to cope with situations.  (Which is true for most ships, eh?)

She's not meant to be a brawler, but she can do some serious damage when played well, and can sink unwary ships "Ninja style".
She can fight in close quarters if she has to, but it is best if one can minimize her exposure to damage.

"Kampai!", Captains.
See you on the virtual seas.  :-)

[WOLFG]
Members
405 posts
3,740 battles

By god this ship is godawful. It handles like a tank, it's guns are pathetic and it has a choice of torpedoes you can't use because you'll get obliterated by your fatass concealment before you can shoot them, or water mines that take an eternity to get to the enemy.

• Boring 1

[NG-NL]
Members
148 posts
7,954 battles
On 12/13/2019 at 6:47 AM, macktkau2 said:

By god this ship is godawful. It handles like a tank, it's guns are pathetic and it has a choice of torpedoes you can't use because you'll get obliterated by your fatass concealment before you can shoot them, or water mines that take an eternity to get to the enemy.

macktkau2, you also can't play blame New York "This ship is so damn slow. Painful to do anything but point yourself in a straight line" and New Mexico "Dear god this thing is slow....start a game with another ship because there's no point staying in this one."

We use these ship-specific threads to share information about the ship. If you want to learn how to play, ask for help and you'll get it. If you're just angry about the game or want to keep embarrassing yourself, please post in a relevant thread or make a new one.

And no, "I'll complain wherever I want to thanks kid. " isn't an excuse. 

• Funny 2

Members
126 posts
17 hours ago, macktkau2 said:

I'll complain wherever I want champ.

You're not a mod. Piss off.

He's not, I am. And while you do have the right to complain, I'm stepping in solely because of that last sentence.
This forum is a place of discussion, not argument

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
405 posts
3,740 battles

lol I get followed into a different thread by some random and abused for no reason (and get accused of being bad at the game in a ship I posted a kraken in after my first initial impressions) and I'm the one who gets the warning. :crab:

[_S_B_]
Members
477 posts
15,639 battles
On 12/13/2019 at 8:47 AM, macktkau2 said:

Fubuki is one of the better mid tier DDs imho. You must not be playing it correctly. I almost never shoot my guns unless it's necessary as decent stealth, triple launchers and 10km torps are it's strengths.

[SRPH]
Members
90 posts
1,479 battles

Use the speed flag if you have them, it helps a lot.