Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Akizuki — Japanese Tier VIII destroyer.

8 comments in this topic

Community Department
2,346 posts
597 battles

Akizuki — Japanese Tier VIII destroyer.

One of the most sophisticated destroyers in the Japanese Navy. This ship was specifically designed to provide anti-aircraft defense. Due to her significantly increased dimensions, she was equipped with new dual-purpose main gun mounts that had a very high rate of fire. Among the drawbacks of the ship were the relatively weak torpedo armament and an insufficiently high speed.
Akizuki_wows_main.jpg
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of destroyers.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

[FLNVY]
Members
82 posts
2 minutes ago, Lt_Lugh said:

10 pt. Capt. on Akizuki; choose IFHE or concealment first??

On my seperate account, concealment is a must have, as this ship is yuuugeeee. make sure to take concealment mod as well. After this go for ifhe.

[70]
Members
1,057 posts
4,849 battles

This boat, or rather this whole sub-branch, has a dire need for nerf hammer to something closer to 15 RPM (i.e. roughly what the guns could practically manage). Either that or move the HE base pen down to 20mm instead of the super HE of 25mm.

Everybody who has to play against them considers them brokenly OP. EVERYBODY.

I'm saying this from trying to grind Tier 8 DDs and having to deal with these abominations too often.

[UNIT-]
Members
30 posts
3,702 battles

i love pounding other DDs in this. i aint scared of No Kidd, Atlanta, Black, Sim, and even some tier 10 DDs. Can't wait to get the tier 10 of this ship. etc - i rule. I'm in Op Heaven especially when im pounding some poor BB.

Edited by KaptainKamper
  • Funny 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,151 posts
4,367 battles

Okay I love my Akizuki and Kitakaze, and I think some of the hype around them is a tad overblown... But that 1/4 HE pen that they get for free is a tad ridiculous. Maybe tone it down to 1/5? Keep it a buff but make it more reasonable? *cough*and give them DFAA in exchange for an existing consumable like speed boost or TRB*coughcough*

• Cool 1

[70]
Members
1,057 posts
4,849 battles

As far as my Kiev can experience, I expect the current Khabarovsk to not stand a chance against Akizuki 1v1, let alone Kita/Haru.

Akizuki can vision control a Khab easily, not to mention it can HE pen BB plating.

Needs nerf hammer to 1/5 i.e. 20mm HE base bounce threshold. Then it can pen cruiser plating with IFHE except German and US heavies. And won't be so disastrously OP vs battleships.

In terms of disgust, playing against this level of overpowered is like trying to eat a Vomelet off a public bathroom floor.

Edited by Guardian54

[MORSV]
Members
7 posts
3,928 battles

Maneuvering and acceleration are both weak areas  of this ship. 6.1 km detection  with full conceal and 10 km torps. Arcs similar to a USN, in that they have a lot of travel time. 11 km range with guns? With 14 pt cptn? Play to avoid all that. It’s not as bad as you think. 

Sign in to follow this