Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Shimakaze — Japanese Tier X destroyer.

9 comments in this topic

Community Department
2,346 posts
597 battles

Shimakaze — Japanese Tier X destroyer.

Shimakaze, hull number 125, was an experimental destroyer, envisioned as the new generation of destroyer design for the Imperial Japanese Navy, born from the 1939 4th Naval Armaments Supplement Programme. Bigger and greater in tonnage than previous types, she carried a larger, higher pressure powerplant than her predecessors, which resulted in the highest speed of any Imperial Japanese destroyer, along with the largest torpedo broadside of any previous destroyer, whilst still carrying a typical complement of main guns.
Shimakaze_wows_main.jpg
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of destroyers.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

Beta Testers
1,885 posts
10,762 battles

Why is the Shima in the picture torping an island? It also looks like a wide spread but with completely parallel tracks? Can we have that in game?

• Funny 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,795 posts
10,514 battles
3 hours ago, chewonit said:

Why is the Shima in the picture torping an island? It also looks like a wide spread but with completely parallel tracks? Can we have that in game?

In this case those are torps fired at the Shima (or another off screen target) that missed. Note the guns are facing forward. Those are slow IJN turrets. They would still be facing the island if it had launched those torps. You can also see a trace of the torp tracks on the  port side of the ship.

Edited by Sabot_100

Members
2,753 posts
5,734 battles

Answered my own question...

Edited by dionkraft

Members
1 post
3,762 battles

i dunno if it is the right place to post this bu i am very angry...

Shima is a useless  junk in the game... i run torpedo acceleration in order to minimize the reacion time of the enemy.

but even with 81kts torps who have 6,4 km range fired from a parallel course to a bb, a Yamato can out-maneuver my torps.. 

go hit ANYTHING with Shima torps the target must be too busy or blind.

Members
1,391 posts
47 battles
On 1/13/2019 at 4:34 AM, OGefr_Porta said:

Shima is a useless  junk in the game... i run torpedo acceleration in order to minimize the reacion time of the enemy.

but even with 81kts torps who have 6,4 km range fired from a parallel course to a bb, a Yamato can out-maneuver my torps.. 

Two words:

Gid Gud.

Members
2,118 posts
10,686 battles
On 1/12/2019 at 3:34 PM, OGefr_Porta said:

Take a look at my youtube below.  I have a ton of how to IJN torp boat as it was one of the most frustrating lines for players it seems.

Send me a replay.  I'll take a look and send you back a personal coaching commentary to help you.

Members
2 posts
3,943 battles

There are multiple videos on YouTube about how to play.  Shima has 15 torpedoes for a reason.  Players at Tier X have the most experience and are good at dodging torps.  I have had some luck, at least 1 torpedo hitting, by firing all 3 racks and heavily overlapping the spreads.  This fills in the gaps between the torps so even if a ship sees them and turns into the spread.

Sign in to follow this