You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Harugumo — Japanese Tier X destroyer.

46 comments in this topic

[TULIP]
Members
952 posts
12,669 battles
On 12/24/2018 at 2:54 PM, Ericson38 said:

I JUST SAW IT MELT 6 T9-10 BBs. It is nuts to watch. Set up the smoke and they might as well jump ship. Mo with radar would have been the only way out of it.

Three battles later, there's another one, 5 ships sunk. Most powerful DD in the game, maybe more.

If circumstances are right you can really pump damage.  If Haru sits in smoke (which I do) it is a sitting duck to many ships.  With five turrets blazing on this huge ship it takes minimal skill to blind fire me in my smoke.

Nerfs would make this ship garbage in a hurry - much like Khaba.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,626 posts
16,703 battles

I don't want it nerfed. I'll just get away from it instead of fight it if possible.

I have a Fletcher, and there was quite an extensive set of posts about how the torpedo load times were too short and that it needed to be nerfed.

[CVA16]
Members
6,471 posts
20,094 battles
On 12/26/2018 at 1:02 PM, WhiteRecon said:

Nerfs would make this ship garbage in a hurry - much like Khaba.

Khaba is garbage??

[TULIP]
Members
952 posts
12,669 battles
10 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Khaba is garbage??

Garbage is a bit strong, I still enjoy mine every once in a while but it's a far cry from where it once was.  Not even in its heyday, it was still great after about 3 or 4 nerfs.  It ended up being a very meh bote now - I have so many other ships that are more fun.  I will say the repair party is what keeps Khaba relevant, even if it just had reasonable range torps again it could be 'as fun' as Harugumo.  That Khaba steering is such a deliberate handicap, it is just asinine. 

Members
80 posts
16,655 battles
On 12/3/2018 at 5:49 PM, CSV_defender said:

I have a problem with it as a DD player.  It is broke.  Over powered doesn't even begin to describe this thing.

I was wondering if anyone else would be honest and say it is OP!! I see now after playing on the PT server why I hate it so bad when its in a game. Its 17.5k guns melting everthing from smoke. Yes I was in Co-op I am not a good DD player, so just giving a go over. Who needs torps on the thing I never even used them much less does it need the reload booster it has. This is the the most powerful HE spewer I have ever seen, and yes I have the Wooscher, and other notable HE spammers myself they are pale in comparison. I can't wait to get this thing I might even spring for going with free xp conversion so I can enjoy it before its nerfed no way can this thing stay as is in the game. I mean really did they even test it? Maybe everyone giggled and said its just fine in order to get this thing left as is for this long I mean holy cow level OP!! I don't see even a need for any skill level to do good in the thing the way it is. Ok calmly I admit in the high tier radar wars its going to be different in PvP playing but still its got to much gun range at the least.

[70]
Members
1,256 posts
7,210 battles

This broken abomination... the HE needs to be nerfed to 20mm base pen. Enoguh to pen DD plating but everything else is superstructure only. At 26mm with IFHE it won't pen USN heavy cruiser plating nor any BB plating, but can still pen IJN cruiser plating and a lot of other cruiser platings.

20mm base HE pen is more than enough with the absurdly high fire chance it gets per minute (i.e factoring in the total ROF).

Meanwhile, Daring seriously needs some help in base HE pen as 114/6 = 19, which means it won't pen the 19mm thick plating on destroyers without IFHE, and can't pen any non-British cruisers (British CLs have 16mm plating to Tier 10...) even with IFHE as it falls short of the >25mm pen needed for say the Zao and Worc. Maybe then we can nerf the Daring fire chance down a tad, from 8% to 7%...

[JFSOC]
[JFSOC]
Members
622 posts
9,821 battles

It's a pain in the aft, but at T10 shouldn't it be?

A while back, I took several ships into the Training Room to see how they compared. Someone had been complaining that his Kurfurst was melted in mere seconds by Harugumo. I guess "mere seconds" is somewhat subjective...

image.thumb.png.073e25028ce509ac485f4ffddeaa6b9b.png

• Cool 2

[-TRM-]
Members
278 posts
15,346 battles

0.8.7, I've noticed my Haru doesn't spit fire like it use too, that can only mean...……….you nerfed it! Gee wiz guys, not the Harugumo , …...NO, NO, NO, AAAAHHHHHH

[-TRM-]
Members
278 posts
15,346 battles

I love my Haru, but like any other ship and the introduction of new lines, they will nerf MY IJN to death, I feel it in my bones. when I first started playing I saw Worchester and wanted it, then Haru now this was my dream gun boat, but …..Ive recently noticed they cut back on firing out-put, or maybe its my paranoia.

[-TRM-]
Members
278 posts
15,346 battles
On 1/29/2019 at 5:49 PM, Davo916 said:

It's a pain in the aft, but at T10 shouldn't it be?

A while back, I took several ships into the Training Room to see how they compared. Someone had been complaining that his Kurfurst was melted in mere seconds by Harugumo. I guess "mere seconds" is somewhat subjective...

image.thumb.png.073e25028ce509ac485f4ffddeaa6b9b.png

wow, JUST PLAIN wow, HAHAHAHAHA

Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles
On 12/24/2018 at 4:54 PM, Ericson38 said:

I JUST SAW IT MELT 6 T9-10 BBs. It is nuts to watch. Set up the smoke and they might as well jump ship. Mo with radar would have been the only way out of it.

Three battles later, there's another one, 5 ships sunk. Most powerful DD in the game, maybe more.

Other way is to charge the smoke with a German BB, since between the hydro, the secondary guns, and main guns the smoked DD can be blown out of the water. This tactic is all the more potent with the reduced damage taken via floods. And actually any BB with a lot of HP can pull this trick off since once you get close enough you will see a DD like Harugumo thanks to the detection while firing in smoke nerfs that happened a while back.

And as long as you maneuver to avoid most of the Torps or time it right so Torps are in Reload you can take a DD by surprise. Most DD players never expect a BB to charge bow in at them since it seems like a suicide run to do it. But if your well within fire spamming range of the DD and could die anyway, then why not try a bold tactic that could save you and nearby allied ships? 

[BIER]
Members
463 posts
7,417 battles

It would be fine with a /5 rather than a /4 pen on its HE. That would radically cut down on the speed with which it can melt BBs and CAs. Same goes for the Akizuki and Kitikaze.

Having them be able to pen 32mm of armor is just way too much. 25mm (with IFHE) of pen is more reasonable. Would make people actually learn how to use AP.

[-TRM-]
Members
278 posts
15,346 battles

They nerfed and destroyed the GUMO, the guns are slower, they don't pump like the use to, NOT GOOD! I understand balance, but the reason gamers of WOW earned and actually purchased any perspective ship is because of its nomenclature, its advertised stats, configuration etc. When you nerf any ship that their configuration is SIGNIFICANTLY altered, gives me great pause. Not good, I'm a fan, but not good of taking MONEY and or TIME out of avid fans.

• Cool 1

[USCC]
Members
3,282 posts
15,366 battles
8 minutes ago, WW2_Iron_Duke said:

Give this Turd a Citadel as well wanna play like a cruiser and out dpm every cruiser then here is ur citadel like a cruiser you filthy pos.

Angry much? 
My Hag laughs in your general direction.

• Cool 1

[B-I-O]
Members
53 posts
30,395 battles

I dont know about you but the torp load time is sinfull and is embarrassing to this great boat. It causes all my issues when spotting or attacking multiple ships.

WOW must fix this on both the tier 9 offering and this one.

The reload booster is not a fix either as any who own this boat know that you can speed to a choke point and then  wait and wait for torps to show up.

Your guns, as good as they are, are not near enough to combat DDs face on as well as torp throwing cruisers, while we have to wait and wait.

[B-I-O]
Members
53 posts
30,395 battles
On 9/13/2019 at 10:13 AM, Sirzin_6 said:

They nerfed and destroyed the GUMO, the guns are slower, they don't pump like the use to, NOT GOOD! I understand balance, but the reason gamers of WOW earned and actually purchased any perspective ship is because of its nomenclature, its advertised stats, configuration etc. When you nerf any ship that their configuration is SIGNIFICANTLY altered, gives me great pause. Not good, I'm a fan, but not good of taking MONEY and or TIME out of avid fans.

I completely agree with this statement. I've even looked at the legal ramifications of selling and item as advertised, then changing the quality of the item without the customer's knowledge or acceptance or the lack of.

There is merit here and I'm betting WOW's lawyers walk a tight rope on this one as if it does go to court and they are found liable, it will cost them a few million for sure.

[HEROS]
Members
2,086 posts
18,849 battles

Just got my Unique Upgrade for the Harugumo..I'm not running any concealment so they see me at 7.7 Km but my gun range is punched out to 15.1 Km.. the dirty little secret is the Special Upgrade works with the Unique Upgrade..  I run Consumables enhancement as one of my commander skills which increases smoke and engine boost by 10%.. it's not much but it does help

57 seconds is the smoke generators run, smoke lasts 119 seconds..leaves me a mear 90 seconds until I can pop the next smoke once the smoke I'm in dissipates...  I run RPF and I've been chasing opposing DD's all over hell  *grin*

supersmoke.jpg

Edited by Warlord_Deadeye_Pete