You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Harugumo — Japanese Tier X destroyer.

35 comments in this topic

Community Department
2,346 posts
597 battles

Harugumo — Japanese Tier X destroyer.

A further development of the Akizuki-class destroyers. This ship features larger dimensions and ten dual-purpose 100 mm guns arranged in five turrets to serve as the ship's primary armament.
Harugumo_wows_main.jpg
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of destroyers.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,802 posts
10,545 battles
7 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

Can you imagine the salty-teared outcry when it is? lol!

Depends. Some legendary mods are way too expensive. You have to give up too much in other areas (like concealment) to get a bump somewhere else. Some are no-brainers like on Yamato.

[SSN]
Members
12 posts
5,659 battles

I hope its something basic like a good increase to turn radius with no draw backs other then w/e it replaced in the slot its in. Its turn is outright gutter trash for a gun boat. 

[VIP]
Members
100 posts
18,896 battles

This has been a truly fun DD to play. I hope that WG leaves it alone and doesn't nerf the piss out of it due to some crying BB players.

[CVA16]
Members
2,802 posts
10,545 battles
On 10/22/2018 at 3:51 PM, kaponog said:

I hope its something basic like a good increase to turn radius with no draw backs other then w/e it replaced in the slot its in. Its turn is outright gutter trash for a gun boat. 

As good as the ship is perceived to be, there is no way WG gives it a great legendary without significant cost. Following your suggestion for better turning, they would probably put that in the same slot as concealment. Which would you choose?

[VIP]
Members
100 posts
18,896 battles
12 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

As good as the ship is perceived to be, there is no way WG gives it a great legendary without significant cost. Following your suggestion for better turning, they would probably put that in the same slot as concealment. Which would you choose?

I would chose concealment

[WOLFK]
[WOLFK]
Members
116 posts
13,753 battles
12 hours ago, CMDR_HUNTER_ said:

I would chose concealment

As would I.   while sluggish the Haru can turn well enough to fit its role (remember its not really a close in knife fighter).   While its concealment is not great at 6.2km its good enough to close in when needed and break detection when taking fire from those supporting opfor DDs.   Now if they did a slot six legendary that buffs rudder shift in exchange for a rate of fire nerf I'd consider that.   I'd also consider a slot 5 one that buffs concealment to 5.9-5.8km in exchange for a rate of fire nerf as well.   

[UTWE]
Members
223 posts
2,935 battles
On 11/12/2018 at 10:23 PM, CMDR_HUNTER_ said:

This has been a truly fun DD to play. I hope that WG leaves it alone and doesn't nerf the piss out of it due to some crying BB players.

I spot a DD main.

[CVA16]
Members
2,802 posts
10,545 battles
2 hours ago, ReddWolfz said:

As would I. 

Which is a problem with many of the legendary mods. Some are no-brainers. The "cost" is very low or inconsequential. Of course you would take it (i.e. Yamato). Others come with such a high cost that they will hurt more than help. Much of that cost comes from what slot WG decides to put the Mod in.

• Cool 1

[VIP]
Members
100 posts
18,896 battles

All Legendary Mods are not good. Most do more harm than good. For example the Shimakaze's makes the ship almost unplayable, it's a joke. The Gearings is absolutely worthless. But then you have the LMs for the Yamato and Zao which are no brainers. I'm still baffled to why some of the LMs are so terrible.

[CVA16]
Members
2,802 posts
10,545 battles
6 hours ago, CMDR_HUNTER_ said:

I'm still baffled to why some of the LMs are so terrible.

I'm guessing they were thought up and put into game without extensive testing. They were each supposed to have some costs for some benefit. Each sounded OK and balanced but in practice, some are infinitely more cost effective than others.

[WOLFK]
[WOLFK]
Members
116 posts
13,753 battles
On 11/15/2018 at 3:05 AM, CMDR_HUNTER_ said:

All Legendary Mods are not good. Most do more harm than good. For example the Shimakaze's makes the ship almost unplayable, it's a joke. The Gearings is absolutely worthless. But then you have the LMs for the Yamato and Zao which are no brainers. I'm still baffled to why some of the LMs are so terrible.

IMO  all the current legendary mods have a place.   Yes some, like the zao and yammy ones, have a much broader appeal because they enhance the most common play styles of the ships.  Others, like the shima's, force a player into a very specific, more selfish play style but are far from useless. (I have had very good success with the shima mod but I don't enjoy playing the ship in way that makes it work).   For the haru its going to be interesting to see if they go with something that enhances that it is already good at or something that pushes it into a niche play style.   Either way I'll chase it just to see what can be done.

[SSN]
Members
12 posts
5,659 battles
On 11/13/2018 at 9:07 AM, Sabot_100 said:

Turn radius is i can turn like a yueyang screw concealment then i can actually not die to a torpedo spreed

[SSN]
Members
12 posts
5,659 battles
On 11/15/2018 at 2:05 AM, CMDR_HUNTER_ said:

i counter that with

that is straight off their website for Worcester  there is nothing negative about that like at all.

[SSN]
Members
12 posts
5,659 battles
6 hours ago, ReddWolfz said:

IMO  all the current legendary mods have a place.   Yes some, like the zao and yammy ones, have a much broader appeal because they enhance the most common play styles of the ships.  Others, like the shima's, force a player into a very specific, more selfish play style but are far from useless. (I have had very good success with the shima mod but I don't enjoy playing the ship in way that makes it work).   For the haru its going to be interesting to see if they go with something that enhances that it is already good at or something that pushes it into a niche play style.   Either way I'll chase it just to see what can be done.

The Republique Unique Upgrade gives

• –18% to main battery loading time.
  • –13% to main turrets traverse speed.
  • –24% to main battery maximum firing range.

Republique Unique Upgrade
19.7s Main gun reload

19.8km main gun range

Main Battery mod 3 (MBM3) -12% reload, -13% traverse
21.1s Main gun reload

26.1km main gun range

prime example of a legendary mod that has zero play there is nothing good about this mod literally at all was a complete waste to get it

• Cool 1

[VIP]
Members
100 posts
18,896 battles
On 11/19/2018 at 7:44 PM, kaponog said:

i counter that with

that is straight off their website for Worcester  there is nothing negative about that like at all.

I would never give up concealment for a mediocre couple seconds of radar. Especially after they nerfed the radar in the first place.

[SSN]
Members
12 posts
5,659 battles

well you are very much in the smaller crowd on that one i dont know t many people that wouldnt take that over concealment 

[SIDE]
Members
39 posts
On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:23 AM, CMDR_HUNTER_ said:

I have a problem with it as a DD player.  It is broke.  Over powered doesn't even begin to describe this thing.

[VIP]
Members
100 posts
18,896 battles
7 hours ago, CSV_defender said:

I have a problem with it as a DD player.  It is broke.  Over powered doesn't even begin to describe this thing.

It has it's weaknesses just like the Khaba, you just have to know how to exploit them. With those weaknesses it's "competitive" at the moment, nerf it and it will be junk.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,376 posts
15,868 battles

Best Light Cruiser in the game, tier for tier :Smile_trollface:

There are Cruisers in this game that wish they could be like Harugumo.

• Cool 1

[-TXT-]
Members
169 posts
8,935 battles

Haru is a monster if you play it like a light cruiser. It does need a turning buff something fierce so at minimum you can dodge torps when you see them well in advance. Or an acceleration buff to allow you to get out of the way when you spot torps. Right now it literally eats every torp unless you are playing like a cruiser and hiding behind islands 

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
936 posts
11,454 battles
On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:23 AM, CMDR_HUNTER_ said:

I JUST SAW IT MELT 6 T9-10 BBs. It is nuts to watch. Set up the smoke and they might as well jump ship. Mo with radar would have been the only way out of it.

Three battles later, there's another one, 5 ships sunk. Most powerful DD in the game, maybe more.

Edited by Ericson38