Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Phasferous

Opening/Extracting the Assets.bin?

5 comments in this topic

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts

So I am having a hard time figuring out how to open the Assets.bin file, or for that matter even figuring out if it's possible. I'd like to be able to look over the ship models and study them (as finding ship schematics has been proving to be hard for some of the ships from WW2), however I seem to be stonewalled at this point. I did a search on the forums here and nothing came up.

I downloaded this tool here: WoT / WoW Model Editor

Which can open and view those files, but I can't use it because it says it can't find the "Visual" files. Which it turns out those such files are now stored in the assets.bin. At first I was reading it's not possible to open that file now (which I guess wasn't the case previously), but then I came upon this thread on the EU forums. It's talking about using the unpacker post 0.5.5 (which I guess was after the point of no return), however the link provided in that thread no longer works and I don't know if the current unpacker (command line) works the same way as the one in this following EU thread.

Mods in WoWS 0.5.5

So my question is, can I open and extract the visual files from the assets.bin? I'd like to view the models so I can then best transfer the poly count, edge flow and so on for ship models I am planning on working on myself.

Thanks for any help or other useful links those here can help provide.

[WOLF6]
Members
775 posts
5,132 battles

You might want to look in the player modifications section / modders manual section of the forums.

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts
On 9/18/2018 at 8:53 PM, wtfovr said:

You might want to look in the player modifications section / modders manual section of the forums.

Could you possibly link a few good threads to start my search with?

My initial post had to be approved by a form mod, and this is where they put it. So I am guessing (and hoping) that they placed it in the right place.

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts

So has no one found a method to do this? I've found old and outdated threads also asking about this but no answer was ever found at that time.

Is there really no way to extract the models from WoWs anymore? Since it used to be doable but after a game patch 0.5.5 it wasn't doable anymore.

Any sort of help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this