You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

I've Noticed A Funny Thing

5 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,781 posts

Whilst I needed items to complete Collections  quite often I either got Dupes  or items for collections I've already completed  and same with friends who still need items uncompleted collections  whereas with collections already completed................................................Wait A Minute This Seems To Be one Of Those  Working As Designed Moments:Smile_amazed::Smile_sad::Smile_facepalm::Smile-angry:

• Funny 1

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,800 posts
14,737 battles

why don't you use the duplicate to buy the one you don't have so that you can complete the collection?

it cost 3 dups for 1 new  

Members
4,415 posts
18,005 battles

With the 3 year World of Warships Collection I noticed that after getting 8 (half) of the items every container had a duplicate. I never got a item that wasn't a duplicate after getting the first 8.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,781 posts
5 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

why don't you use the duplicate to buy the one you don't have so that you can complete the collection?

it cost 3 dups for 1 new  

What I did to complete mine,   However it took a lot longer than it needed too................Again Working As Designed?

4 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

With the 3 year World of Warships Collection I noticed that after getting 8 (half) of the items every container had a duplicate. I never got a item that wasn't a duplicate after getting the first 8.

CG's  You Lucky Lucky Man:Smile_great::Smile_medal: Not saying  that can't happen just saying it's Weighted/Balanced Against us.:Smile_sad: I was more specifically speaking of the Bismark,Yamamoto,Viva La France,Dunkirk,North Cape,2 Years of World of Warships,American Cruisers Collections to tell the truth while the 3 Year World of Warships Collection  was nice and I don't mind collecting it  I really haven't/wasn't as invested/care as much if/when I completed it:cap_horn::cap_cool:

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
2,702 posts
12,392 battles

I got you all beat: Back when the Yamamoto  collection first came out, I got my first item - out of a total of 40, you know. Second item..duplicate of first. Third item...duplicate of first again. That's 1 in 1600 odds of that happening. 

6 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

it cost 3 dups for 1 new  

Not always. Several collections require 4:1, and one, I recall, was 5:1. 3:1 is for Anniversary collections.

6 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

First, the OP said he needs items, plural. It makes a difference. As you know, but for the OP's benefit, if you trade in duplicates for an item or items but don't complete the collection with the trade(s), you have actually increased the odds of getting more duplicates from that point forward. The best plan for completion time (on average, because it's probabilities) is to hold on to your duplicates until you have enough to trade them in and finish out the collection.

Now, if time isn't a factor, and you can wait to obtain the final reward, then the best plan for maximizing credits cash-in for surplus duplicates is to just hang on to all your duplicates and let the RNG eventually finish your collection. I did that for Yamamoto, with around 70 duplicates to cash in.

I'm going to do it the other way with the 3rd Anniversary collection. I have 11 items, 14 duplicates. No matter what is in it, the next anniversary container allows completion. With an eventual deadline, and a supercontainer on the line, I'll cash out straightaway upon receipt of the next anniversary crate.