You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Judge_Doom

Crates, to open or do you bank them?

27 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
1,709 posts
7,788 battles

Just curious as to what the player base does with the crates they earn.

Do you open them as soon as you get them?

Do you earn them and just let them stockpile and then open at a later date.

If you stockpile them how many do you have set aside at the moment, what is the most amount you have had at any one time?

Seem to remember something about being able to stockpile up to 1000 max, has anyone ever done that?

No epeen or political agenda here, just asking about this for chits, giggles and curiosity.

:Smile_Default:

[WOLFG]
Members
27,107 posts
7,239 battles

I open them immediately, since I usually want to select signal and camo option for crates.

[KWF]
Members
4,032 posts
6,179 battles

Get the number of crates I want for the night, then open them before logging off while shouting at the game to give me a ship. When I get normal containers I just shout at the game to not give me duplicates for my collections. Works at times :etc_swear:.

Edited by warheart1992

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,555 posts
33,704 battles

Why would you hoard them? You need the loot (flags, coal, FXP, whatever) to continue going w/o spending.

They don't age like wine. They don't get better. They don't pay interest.

Silly (to use a kind term), to keep them.

• Cool 2

[-TKS-]
Members
818 posts
13,532 battles

i save them till i get a super or  Ill open them for ranked or clan battles , nothing i need in them for random battles .  slight downside is its takes a while to open them when you do like .5 hour for a hundred or so. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,090 posts
18,050 battles

There is no reason to hold on to containers. Their contents are determined at the time they are selected from the choose-a-crate menu, so it's not like you can hold on to 100 of them and open them right after a patch for 100 chances at the new loot items. They'll already have the contents from the old patch locked to them. And the system chooses a type for you overnight if you don't.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,116 posts
15,182 battles

I open them as I get them. Not sure why you would bank them.

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles

Open them as I get them, with Super Containers; I make a small sacrifice to Rngesus, before opening. :cap_win:

But so far he has not answered.:Smile_sad:

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

• Cool 1

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,632 battles

I open them the moment I get them, like others have said no reason to horde them.

Plus the whole animation of opening multiple ones at a time annoys me, takes long enough for a crate to get delivered and then opened and then a new one gets brought out of storage...it irks me.

[-K-]
Members
8,032 posts
13,257 battles
53 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I open them immediately, since I usually want to select signal and camo option for crates.

Same here.  Signal crates all the way.

If you wait too long, they default to credit crates, which I don't want.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,604 posts
17,327 battles

I mainly get consumables.  As I kit out with Premiums every time, I run out daily and have to pay out whenever I run out.  Therefore, if WG is running a discount, I'll bank the crates and buy the consumables at a discount.  When the discount is over, I open the crates.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
12,005 battles

I almost always open them when I earn them. I almost always pick the resources container for coal and the flags it gives me.

[DPG]
Members
1,770 posts
8,212 battles

The only people I know that hoard them, from the small amount of players I know, are streamers.  Streamers don't care what is in them because they have thousands of flags, 100s of million in credits, 10s of thousands of doubloons, and millions of fxp.  When they do open them I avoid watching those videos because it always seems every SC or special container is a ship.

Edited by Amenhir

[DPG]
Members
1,770 posts
8,212 battles
45 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Open them as I get them, with Super Containers; I make a small sacrifice to Rngesus, before opening. :cap_win:

But so far he has not answered.:Smile_sad:

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

I don't believe in RNGesus, but RNSatan I certainly do.

• Funny 1

[-VT-]
Members
663 posts
31,062 battles

Signal crates all the way.

Super containers and event crates get opened right away.

Standard containers I sit on until I need them.

Presently sitting on 461 containers...

Kind of silly, perhaps, but it's kind of fun to stockpile and have them at the ready.  heh

Sab

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,844 posts
42,297 battles

The only ones that I don't consistently open right away are Supercontainers.  And thats because I wait until the weekend in case they contain Premium time.  That way, I can take advantage of it more.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
27,107 posts
7,239 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Same here.  Signal crates all the way.

If you wait too long, they default to credit crates, which I don't want.

Yup, I can always make more credits just by playing. Pretty much all the useful signals from achievements are rare for me, (except maybe Dreadnought and Fireproof lol) and I'm not going to buy them.

For the 3-5 games a day I play, 1 or 2 containers selected for signals keeps their constant use sustainable.

And I did get a nice SC with 50 Dragon signals this morning! :Smile_great:

[WOLFG]
Members
27,107 posts
7,239 battles
6 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

The only ones that I don't consistently open right away are Supercontainers.  And thats because I wait until the weekend in case they contain Premium time.  That way, I can take advantage of it more.

That's not a bad idea......

• Cool 1

[CLEAN]
Members
6 posts
13,955 battles

I usually open them but when my gaming PC broke down mid-june i played a ''game''. I will still play the game with my backup machine and i will pile them up until i get a super container.

Well, i ended to pile up 200 regular containers and the 201st was a super one. Konowing that my gaming PC was to be back at the beginning of september i continued the pile-up.

Final results : 237 containers (2 super one's) and 20 minutes to open up all this :)

I'll never do that again :)

Members
614 posts

I open as I get them, especially now with the coal/free XP in the Resource containers.  The most I had at one point was maybe 15 when we had the Santa Crates in 2016.  That was worth opening all at once.

Now, I just have the screenshot button ready when those Super Containers arrive.  They're coming, I just know it.

[VW]
Members
3,909 posts
18,832 battles

I didnt use to but after going almost a yesr without a supercontainer, now i’m stockpiling to see exactly how long/how many crates it takes to get one. I like the boon in credits and/or coal from opeimg them all at once, makes one see how much one’s earned.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,645 posts
4,602 battles

You can Collect them or not.  If you do Collect a crate you can determine what type it is.  Otherwise the system determines type randomly.

Now, if you're on the Liberty Red Oak to Collect a crate, might as well open it, too. 

tl;dr  I always open mine.