Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Richelieu — French Tier VIII battleship.

11 comments in this topic

Community Department
3,294 posts
1,296 battles

Richelieu — French Tier VIII battleship.

One of the most successful and well-balanced "new generation" battleships in the world. The ship was equipped with 380 mm guns, had a high speed, strong armor and very good torpedo protection. The disadvantages of concentrating the ship's main guns on the bow were compensated by the favorable turret traverse angles.
Richelieu_wows_main.jpg
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of battleships.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

Members
22 posts
7,989 battles

I am working with the Bretagne and working my up, i can see the lyon and Normandie with similar gun configuration, does it help to get a good bead on the Richelieu? till i saw the scale compared to an Iowa, this thing is YUGE!

file.png

Edited by Carlos_Rivas_13

Members
2 posts
3,497 battles

I really like the generous turret traverse; can keep targets in sight for awhile for bow-tanking. My greatest fear is when targets get behind me in this: the stern armor is rather weak for me.

[BBMOD]
Members
336 posts
5,535 battles

Any suggestions on builds? I have been working on a secondary build but i often end up overextending due to speed and trying to get secondaries in range. Does this ship work better as a back field sniper?

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
977 posts
8,591 battles
20 hours ago, Grimm262 said:

Any suggestions on builds? I have been working on a secondary build but i often end up overextending due to speed and trying to get secondaries in range. Does this ship work better as a back field sniper?

Most definitely. Try to stay in that 15-18km range. Your guns are extremely accurate at those ranges. 

The French BBs are highly susceptible to HE fire due to the predominantly 32mm armor covering their hulls, so you're squishier than your BB counterparts when it comes to that. But you can tank AP with the best of them if you mind your angling, which in the Rich is easy since all your guns are forward. But if you push forward too early you will absolutely melt under focus fire. 

As for secondary builds, I would wait until you get the Republique before you try a full meme Secondary build, and even then its questionable. Until then, I would spec into Concealment and Survivability/Fire Prevention. 

Edited by Falls_USMC

[UN1]
Members
1,007 posts
3,315 battles
On 12/30/2018 at 1:37 PM, Grimm262 said:

The ship definitely works better at medium to longer range.  While it is technically capable of fielding a full on secondary build, realize that the Richelieu has the lowest secondary DPM of the T8 battleships.  On top of that, the 105mm batteries on the Richelieu are really weak, so they die off easily.  Looking at the DPM though, you can see why:

• Massachusetts - 104k DPM
  • Gascogne - 103k DPM
  • Bismarck/Tirpitz - 97k DPM
  • Richelieu - 61-74k DPM depending on how much broadside you show

That 61-74k secondary DPM is basically T5/T6 level, as even the T5 Konig has 67k DPM.  

Overall, if you're going to go with a French T8 battleship that can brawl, the Gascogne is going to be a much better choice.  Not only does it have way more secondary DPM, it's also laid out in a much, much more efficient manner.  Gascogne also has a more accurate main battery and a faster refreshing heal, too.  You're better off playing the Richelieu in a more defensive manner, and allowing her high velocity, high penetration guns do their magic. 

[AK-49]
Members
343 posts
6,311 battles
On 1/17/2019 at 6:14 PM, Ranari said:

You're better off playing the Richelieu in a more defensive manner, and allowing her high velocity, high penetration guns do their magic. 

Pretty much the most successful method for me know. I justy aquired this ship about a week ago and about to get it's final hull level.

In a more defensive role I find I get a better score and survive to the end of the match. 

[ASHIP]
Members
117 posts
8,211 battles

I just played a game where the Richie had a spotting plane.... I dont ever remember it having one

[ASHIP]
Members
117 posts
8,211 battles
8 minutes ago, I_Am_Taras_Bulba said:

I just played a game where the Richie had a spotting plane.... I dont ever remember it having one

goofygonzo had a spotting plane in their Richie, is this a new modification in testing?

[AK-49]
Members
343 posts
6,311 battles
On 8/6/2019 at 12:05 AM, I_Am_Taras_Bulba said:

goofygonzo had a spotting plane in their Richie, is this a new modification in testing?

I had a spotter on the A hull but it was gone with the B hull. 

Spotter planes came back when I got my Alsace.

Edited by Aurora_7

Sign in to follow this