turbo07

Iron Duke — British Tier V battleship.

5 comments in this topic

Community Department
3,203 posts
1,210 battles

Iron Duke — British Tier V battleship.

A typical British battleship of World War I. The ship carried the same main battery guns as the battleships of the preceding class, but was armed with more powerful secondary battery guns.
Iron_Duke_wows_main.jpg
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of battleships.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

• Cool 1

[DONUT]
Members
476 posts
6,730 battles

Iron Duke is the only UK ship that I have to grind 4,000,000 credits.  I won her along with a 10 point captain but have never played her.  What skills do you recommend for the captain.  What upgrades for the ship?  If I fire HE there is a 40% chance of starting a fire.  Would IFHE be a good skill to match her HE qualities? 

She is very slow and awful traverse speed.  I hate wasting skills on those issues because they usually give something but also take something away. 

Icy

[GTF]
Members
62 posts
3,653 battles

This thing is a pile of crap. Turrets turn slower than a crippled snail, a cow can swim faster than this thing, and the guns won't hit the walls of a barn from the inside. The day I scrap her will be a day of joy and celebration. 

• Funny 2

Members
14 posts
2,325 battles

I can tolerate her existence, of course Dunkirk made my life so much easier by allowing me to reach the max turret traverse for this ship. Also considering this ship is British, you can shoot at about anything and find pretty good success. 

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,323 posts
10,186 battles
On 9/23/2019 at 1:23 AM, waterman165 said:

This thing is a pile of crap. Turrets turn slower than a crippled snail, a cow can swim faster than this thing, and the guns won't hit the walls of a barn from the inside. The day I scrap her will be a day of joy and celebration. 

The short fuse AP is extra cheese at her tier though. Claps everything with light armor. You get spotter plane memes and it has great HE with decent armor for her tier spread. This ships is hilarious (and good) when you get to play without fun police and ships don't run away from you the entire game.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.