Sign in to follow this  
turbo07

Monarch — British Tier VIII battleship.

8 comments in this topic

Community Department
2,434 posts
645 battles

Monarch — British Tier VIII battleship.

One of the preliminary versions of the King George V-class ships armed with 381 mm main battery guns. She had features characteristic of a next-generation battleship, namely relatively high speed, thick horizontal armor, and dual-purpose artillery.
Monarch_wows_main.jpg
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of battleships.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,297 posts

Instead of full necromancy, I'll post here, but link to the thread I found:

I was in a huge rush to get done with the KGV, because frankly it's a combination of underwhelming, erratic results, and inability to contribute anything to missions and such requiring tier VIII or higher to count.

It's a good thing I found reviews like the one above -- at this point I'll probably just mothball the RN BB line, it's been nothing but disappointment all the way up, and I have no desire to grind through a stinker and then be at tier IX and... yeah.

• Bad 1

[TACG]
Alpha Tester
409 posts
3,209 battles

I loved the King George V, one of my top 3 vessels. I was really looking forward to the Monarch; however. When I got to her, I was deeply disappointed. The transition from the King George to the Monarch, was like the transition to the Seattle, everything is worse. 

Monarch is the Monarch of trash. Cruisers outrange her.

Edited by Starfleet1701

[70]
Members
1,064 posts
5,020 battles

Have been in company of Monarch for about 3 weeks now.

Required buff list before it can be said to be a Tier 8 equivalent to the North Carolina:

1. At least 20% better accuracy.

2. RN Super Heal

The Monarch is prone to soaking up massive numbers of normal pens which negate its supposedly submerged citadel.

At present, it makes the Sea Cattle look brokenly OP for tier in comparison.

[PVE]
Members
627 posts
5,416 battles

It pains me a bit to say this but Monarch makes me jealous of Bismarck's accuracy. The boat is just so underwhelming in every way. At least Bismarck has long range secondaries to help. Monarch has nothing. Sure she has 6 forward barrels to Bismarck's 4 but they still can't reliably hit anything even at 10km. I hope Conqueror is worth it.

[WOLF6]
Members
502 posts
5,621 battles

What a letdown from the KGV , Monarch needs a buff to it's range period , no way will I take this scow in to randoms but dam it's gonna be a long grind to the Lion in Co-op .

[70]
Members
1,064 posts
5,020 battles

Curiously, I managed to get my damage record in Monarch recently, after only surpassing 200K twice before, both times in Alsace.

My diagnosis for Monarch is that you need a BB-rich enemy team and to sling mad amounts of HE, plus pray for lots of fires from those shells. AP is only useful if you can catch someone who isn't a DD and has no torps up close and personal.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this