Sign in to follow this  
turbo07

Lion — British Tier IX battleship.

5 comments in this topic

Community Department
3,294 posts
1,296 battles

Lion — British Tier IX battleship.

The last British battleship designed and laid down before the breakout of World War II. In many respects, the ship was a development of the King George V-class ships, but, unlike her predecessors, she had greater dimensions, heavier armor, and modern 406 mm main guns.
Lion_wows_main.jpg
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of battleships.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

[GC]
Alpha Tester
806 posts
3,805 battles

Tough to sympathize with guys complaining about not starting fires, but Lion is pretty bad. Mostly it's the 32mm skin and absolutely HORRENDOUS firing arc of the rear turret that make it so annoying to play.

--Helms

Members
38 posts
2,884 battles

Yeah this thing doesn’t really have redeeming qualities like the Monarch does. Those angles are bad, Monarch doesn’t have to risk nearly as much to be able to shoot 9 guns, it’s to the point the bigger guns of Lion feel like sidegrades, I mean they have less important overmatching for losing a ton of things that can be overmatched due to being a higher tier.

Noticeably less sneaky than Monarch in order to be a bigger target, have worse armor and gain like survivability expert levels of health. She does get bonus range required for the tier, but because ranges are more distant and using 9 guns is rather risky, her accuracy compared to Monarch is pretty bad as well.

Definitely makes me miss my Monarch.

Edit: it’s going to be pretty difficult to convince me that this is not the worst t9 BB especially considering FDG and Izumo are a lot stronger now.

Edited by eMercody_Viveleny

[1984]
Members
5 posts
6,560 battles

This is the worst Tier 9 BB in the game by far. You know WG doesn't give a crap when Kronshtadt is a better BB than Lion.... and Kron has more HP, better AP pen, and better consumables. Massive HP regeneration doesn't mean crap if you lose it so easily anyways with crap armor. This ship is long overdue for a buff, because Monarch has higher survivability chance with regards to its tier and Lion is just a step backwards.

Edited by SirFrenchDip

Sign in to follow this