You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Amagi — Japanese Tier VIII battleship.

6 comments in this topic

Community Department
2,434 posts
645 battles

Amagi — Japanese Tier VIII battleship.

A battlecruiser design with very powerful artillery. Though outclassed by other battleships of her time in terms of armor, Amagi was to a great extent superior to them in terms of speed.
Amagi_wows_main.jpg
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of battleships.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

Members
48 posts
5,545 battles

I go to flag C in Okinawa Co-op with 1 bot DD and run into 6 ships and it is just me in my full secondaries and maneuverability (Brawler build) build Amagi, I U-turn and run dropping steel and fire in my wake, the bots completely forgot about the other ships and capping flags and chased me to the far corner of the map where I kited away firing my 3 rear turrets and getting of my front turrets when I can, everyone else must have wondered what did I do to piss them off so and how did I managed to sink half their fleet solo in open water

I am starting to see how the bots think

6.jpg

[TAW]
Members
22 posts
5,162 battles

Amagi is a very good and tanky ship, especially at Tier 10. I remember one of my matches where i was stuck between a rock and a hard place between a Iowa and a Yamato. teammate took out the Iowa and i went in for a honourable banzai ram on the Yamato. managed to bag over 55k damage from him to my measly 300 HP in a ram. Also managed to bouce some of  Yamato shells at close range.

Members
2 posts
1,212 battles

Can someone pls explain to me why my shells go everywhere in the amagi, it wasnt a problem on the nagato and i thought that amagi had accurate guns. I frequently get salvos where the shells disperse as if the guns are not locked onto the enemy ship.

[RNG]
Members
286 posts
4,861 battles
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:59 PM, Bfoster19955 said:

Amagi is a very good and tanky ship, especially at Tier 10. I remember one of my matches where i was stuck between a rock and a hard place between a Iowa and a Yamato. teammate took out the Iowa and i went in for a honourable banzai ram on the Yamato. managed to bag over 55k damage from him to my measly 300 HP in a ram. Also managed to bouce some of  Yamato shells at close range.

its good but it is not tanky, bouncing a Yammy just means the Yammy didn't know where to aim.  You wont bounce a Yammy that knows where to shoot.

[TAW]
Members
22 posts
5,162 battles
9 hours ago, Danyir_Amore said:

its good but it is not tanky, bouncing a Yammy just means the Yammy didn't know where to aim.  You wont bounce a Yammy that knows where to shoot.

That’s true. Probably just lucky that it didn’t pen my armor